Class 370 Not Loading In

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by freddyhughes2018, May 20, 2020.

1. freddyhughes2018

freddyhughes2018 New Member

Today i purchaced this from: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/train-simulator-intercity-br-class-370-aptp-loco-addon . I have never purchaced in this way before. I entered the code to steam and it comes up on the TS2020 menu and when used in QD doesnt appear, i then went into world editor and found the file wouldn't appear anywhere. I then uninstalled and reinatalled the DLC through steam and found the same problem, i then checked this on all of my electric routes.

Im not sure if im doing something wrong or have not spotted an obvious mistake.

Thanks

2. freddyhughes2018

3. freddyhughes2018

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think DTG are having problems with some things not working today.
    I bought the APT when it was released but I cannot drive it or load it today.

You, like me and others, will have to wait for a DTG fix

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  5. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi freddyhughes2018,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are currently investigating this and will update everyone when we have some news.

Best, Steve

6. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, I saw the APT on Humble last night and nearly purchased it... Glad I didn't now (although maybe when I get TS2017..... I might...).... But more importantly... can I ask a question....?

Are you saying that if the DTG servers, say, suddenly stopped working... that Train Simulator, and all of the content might also suddenly stop working...? Is all of the paid for content dependent on DTG maintaining the assets for you? Could you literally spend £7000 on DLC one day, only to find that the next day that you own absolutely nothing because someone in Chatham has had a bad day.....?

I saw this thread today also:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/signals-tpws-and-aws-ramps.22666/

Is this the same issue? Does content just suddenly disappear.....? Is there anything that you can do to protect yourself from this...?

7. TrainSim-Steve

Hi PlasticPal,

If our servers stopped working the worst that would happen is that the in-game store would be empty and there won't be any means to log into Dovetail Live. It would require Steam's servers to go down before it began to affect your add-on collection. If that were to happen, I'm sure you'd have much bigger things to complain about than some lost content ;)

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 3
  8. saltneyblue

saltneyblue New Member

For the record the 370 has disappeared for me to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plastic Pal

Ok thanks...! I can't tell you how much of a relief that is. Presumably the issue with the APT is that some sort of individual asset was recently updated in a patch... and that the patch was broken...

10. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

It would be interesting as the last recorded update by SteamDB is 2 years ago for the APT-P, no file update since, only a few minor store page tweaks and review score.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plastic Pal

There must be something that has changed. I do not have the APT (yet), but I checked my copy of Train Simulator last night and there are lots and lots of locos and routes that have now got messed up descriptions, and/or have missing icons/thumbnails, etc.

Maybe something in the core has changed this week?

12. Rob Jansen

Not according to SteamDB, the last update was the TS2020 update back in September 2019.
    No core update since.

The last update I recieved was of the Lake Constance Add-On, but that update is unrelated I think.

upload_2020-5-22_10-17-16.png

A date issue it isn't, as setting back the date and putting Steam Offline it still doesn't load in the APT-P (as I tested with that one, an official scenario that comes with the pack).

I hope it isn't a DRM issue.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

14. Rob Jansen

Some I know did some testing with a seperate version of TS (outside steam, yeah I know) that is used for repaints and other build work. It works fine there. So it seems like a DRM issue with Steam TrainSim-Steve

• Like Like x 1
  15. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Same trouble here on my dad's system that hasn't run TS for ages. Bang it. The dash from Preston to Lancaster is one of my go tos for a few minutes of fun.

16. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

It's over a day and still no fix :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

18. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

No clue as they haven't updated us since Thursday

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is a DTG Product so...

20. Plastic Pal

What about the recent Record Update for TS2020, as shown here:

https://steamdb.info/app/24010/

TS2020 Record Update 22 May 2020.jpg

And this was preceded by this:

https://steamdb.info/changelist/8508949/

TS2020 Last Update 21 May 2020.jpg

....which is when all of the issues with the APT and lack of signals with five British routes started rolling in.

They have updated TS2020 - on Thursday 21 May, right....? They have changed something with TS2020 in the last few days.... maybe along with a new route/DLC launch...?

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  21. Rob Jansen

Plastic Pal (or Synthetic Angel in disquise) if you read read futher, I was talking about the core game, which the last public release was on 19 september 2019.

Those 'last recorded updates' are everything that is changed, could be as simple as a review score or a depot/branch update that is used for a development update or fix (just check the 'history' item on the left bar) or even that nothing has changed as Steam sometimes updates a number (which leads to a 'recorded update').
    Not every 'recorded update' is an update to the game or DLC as you can see ;)

You can see in that history tab that daily updates to other depots and the three branches happen (public, dlcfixes, ts2019beta).

As well I posted my post on Friday in the morning, you are referring to an change that happened a few hours later as a branch 'dlcfixes' and 2 depots have been updated, 24084, which is the Railworks UK LED Signals) and 642804, which is the Class 370 APT-P.

Which leads me to think that they indeed are trying to fix those DLC and will see an update when it is ready.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Rob Jansen

I said that the updates to those depots leads me to think they are fixing it.
    Only DTG knows when the fix will be ready and pushed out, nobody knows when, just wait.

23. Plastic Pal

Thank you - this is brilliantly helpful. I had made a guess that maybe they were trying to fix it all, but I wasn't completely sure. This lines up with the message from TrainSim-Steve here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/missing-items-in-train-simulator.22667/

Thanks again!

24. TrainSim-Steve

Hi All,

We've just pushed an update live that should address this issue. Please let us know if it continues to be a problem after you've downloaded the update.

If you're not getting an update, please try restarting Steam.

Hope this helps.

Best, Steve

25. Rob Jansen

It is now loading again, so it seems from my end the problem is fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  26. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks so much for confirming that for me Rob, great to hear.

Best, Steve

27. JJTimothy

28. Plastic Pal

On South London Network, the "Afternoon Trip to West Croydon" Official scenario now initialises properly, meaning:

1. The CapitalStar Class 378 now loads in without a "tracks.bin" issue.
    2. After loading in, it is clear that the colour-light signals are back.

So the two key issues (in this one test) seem to have been addressed, or "returned to how they were before something was changed globally for everyone last Wesdnesday that broke it all."

Thanks for fixing it. Do you know what caused the issue in the first place?

29. TrainSim-Steve

Hi PlasticPal,

It was the result of a Steam Client Update that revealed a long standing bug in our own product configuration. It wasn't a fault on Steam's side but more that when the products were originally set up, they were given some mismatching information in the configuration. The Steam Client update merely caught the mismatch and denied authorising the products.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Plastic Pal

Okay. Thanks for this. Thank you for the fast response and what appears to me to be a complete fix. Thank you for the straight explanation and for providing it so quickly.

I am tempted to start a "Thank You Steve" thread (not in any way ironically). I have seen a lot of your posts recently, and thought "That is just right - that is perfectly what I would hope to see in terms of communication. DTG can do this well."

Really brilliant. Thank You.

• Like Like x 1
  31. TrainSim-Steve

You're most welcome PlasticPal :)

We're not convinced the issue is completely resolved as yet. We're tracking a few other items that may be affected but we haven't confirmed them as yet:
    • First Capital Connect Class 377
    • Virgin BR Class 390 Pendolino
    • Grand Central BR Class 180
    Best, Steve

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Plastic Pal

I am confident that you are on top of it all now (because you can now pro-actively look for similar issues, presumably....). So - to feedback to the above - if this helps you at all...:

1. The Class 377 in FCC livery doesn't want to rez in Quick Drive (and frankly... I wouldn't want to be dressed in that livery either - not even to walk around the house or do DIY). The module loads up, and you can free-cam around your location, but there is no train....
    2. Pendolino - mine was fine (Intercity/LMS/GNER), but maybe this is a different model (?)
    3. Class 180 - I don't have this unit, because although I like Modern Art, I have my limits, and anything that looks like a work by Tracey Emin on a bad day passes me by.... if it has neither form nor function, then it's not for me... send them back to the RoSCo, I say.... ;-)

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  33. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks PlasticPal,

Really useful post, thanks so much for the detail. Particularly enjoyed the bit regarding the 180 :D

Best, Steve

34. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

For me all three (the 377, 390, 180) seems to be loading correctly in QD.
    (But at the 377 I have so many liveries, don´t know from where the testet one is.)

35. Plastic Pal

I could not get the bright pink and violet one (FCC) to work. Thank my lucky stars.... ;-)

(it's at the bottom of the list of available liveries in QD, if you have it)

36. JJTimothy

In case it helps you at all I just drove the Virgin Pendolino and encountered no issues (except that it's a big old resources hog and not as much fun as the APT but 'twas ever thus).

• Like Like x 1
  37. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks JJTimothy,

Appreciate the confirmation - in our testing the Pendolino also appeared to be loading in fine too.

We'll see if we can get the situation with the resource usage sorted out - it won't be a quick fix though and likely to take a while to sort out.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  38. Plastic Pal

Have you done anything between:

1. Running the APT successfully after the patch
    2. Finding that TS2020 doesn't work

For example... have you subscribed to a shed load of APT scenarios from Workshop....?

Also..... does the splash screen come up at all.... can you see messages like "updating scenario database" in the bottom left hand corner of the splash screen....?