*new Teaser*

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 66050, Jun 5, 2020.

1. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

Most of the customers are idiots, though. They'll happily bend over with their wallet between their cheeks and take it.

Until that changes DTG will continue with these wildly outrageous practices. Say you don't want any of the 3 routes TSW2 offers. You have to pay £24.99 for the game AGAIN and then pay £24.99 for the route you may actually want down the road.

Fleesing gullible customers for the $$$$$ ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Deebz__

Deebz__ Well-Known Member

Hey I only meant that most people can see what they are doing here. An infuriating number of people don't seem to care though...

3. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

This needs to get clarified quickly by either TrainSim-Matt or DTG Protagonist - as a complete withdrawal of support for TSW DLC basically implies that this is the same fate for TSW 2 DLC. And that means that neither can ever be purchased ever again, except as a wild gamble. Nobody could possibly purchase the Class 20 on this basis....

....you are effectively saying that the Class 20 will be unsupported from 6th August 2020 - this cannot be correct. I believe that this interpretation of the stream (at 16:15) is wrong. It must be wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

You say that like they support their DLC anyway. Most of the bugs they don't even fix regardless. Class 166 was never fixed, for example. AWS is still broken in it. The clag still physglitches into infinity. When you're at Reading and look in a certain direction it'll peg even a Ryzen Threadripper and drop the FPS to 20. None of these things they ever cared about sorting out.

If anything it's refreshing to hear them finally openly admit they're going to willfully neglect their content.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Deebz__

Deny it all you want, but they basically said 4 times in a row that this is indeed correct.

Sam: Any further work on old content?
    Matt: No.
    Sam: So absolutely nothing else?
    Matt: No.
    Sam: Is this an excuse to ignore older content?
    Matt: *puts on his best line of bullshit* Well no, we just wanna focus on TSW2, we gotta move forward, yadda yadda.
    Sam: Not an easy decision then?
    Matt: Ye- I mean, no.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Plastic Pal

Well in that case, I have to invoke the hypothetical question that I raised here, as a real question:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/your-biggest-issues.23018/page-3#post-139287

So... DTG Protagonist..... "Why did you ask the community to list the biggest issues with TS1 and TSW, when you knew full well that you would then immediately completely ignore everything..... and then try and deflect it all with the release of TSW 2....?"

• Like Like x 2
  7. Deebz__

My opinion is that Protagonist has every intention of improving the way the company operates. He comes across as a genuinely stand-up guy to me. Maybe he took the initiative before asking if it would be looked at. Maybe he didn’t care for the answer, and will hold that feedback over the heads of the higher ups in the hopes of changing their minds. Hard to know. Would be interesting to get an official response though.

• Like Like x 3
  8. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

My question is: how much work they have to do to bring some locos from TSW2020 to TSW2?
    I mean, we have for example the BR DB 146 and 185 that perfectly could Fit in the new Koln-Aachen route. I understand not to upgrade the whole game with all the routes, but in certain cases...
    And all the people who had bought the Rivet games switcher? Thinking that at some point they could use it in some other route?
    I know this whole upgrading stuff Is a must for a lot of reasons and i myself was asking for UE upgrade. But i just ask this again. How much work has to be done to bring some certain loco to TSW2 in case it Is usefull?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Plastic Pal

What do you make of this, at 1:12:57:

Because this section sounds to me like a clear commitment to:

- fix bugs with existing DLC (including TSW original DLC)
    - clarify what are real bugs and what are features that are working correctly
    - clarify what won't be fixed, for whatever reason, on a case by case basis

• Like Like x 1
  10. Deebz__

Comes across as another line of bullshit from Matt. “Oh well we’ve always gone back to improve addons afterwards, but we’ve fallen short on telling people what we can and cant fix.”

I’m paraphrasing, but in the most technical sense, sure they have updated addons before. I think the vast majority of people would agree though that their efforts are severely lacking in many ways. All Matt committed to here was telling people more often why they won’t fix stuff. I also get the feeling that those answers will be laced with bullshit as well, rather than stating the obvious “because if we spent more time fixing old stuff, we wouldn’t be able to continue pumping out new half baked DLC every month”.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Plastic Pal

Okay - well - I am going to wait for the clarification. Because it is a very big issue. And if the majority of people, including people like ARuscoe believe that all TSW content is being abandoned ("preserved") with no scope for further bug-fixes, but that this isn't actually true... then no doubt DTG will want to provide some re-assurance.... ASAP.... or indeed confirm that they are taking this incredibly serious step.

My impression is that DTG have no intention to "upgrade" TSW rolling stock to work with the "upgraded" TSW 2 core. This was the context at minute 16 in the stream. I also think that major bugs that appear out of the woodwork in either routes or locos on TSW will still get addressed - and that they will be supported, as a mimimum, as indicated at minute 73. But new features (whether or not they are compliant with the TSW core) will not get retro-fitted to TSW DLCs.

I could be wrong, and my defence of DTG might have been fruitless..... But I really do hope that on this occasion that DTG will clarify... and that I won't be disappointed yet again...

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Before I saw this post I was going to mention that part of the video (as I just watched it)

Well, at least we should hear some straight answers for once about whether bugs are going to be fixed or cannot be fixed. I'm sure it will be disappointing if some can't be but at least we will know the answers to our questions which is more than what we have been getting in the past. DTG Protagonist seems to be on the ball for getting the communications flowing, including that roadmap they were talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

From my understanding...the legacy / preserved collection content within TSW2 will no longer receive any updates of any kind (whether that be bug fixes or additions). The content you own from TSW2020 is downloaded into TSW2 (assuming it is all green lit to work in TSW2), it will then work exactly how it does currently in the TSW2020 client albeit with an updated HUD/Interface

The TSW2020 client (*as opposed to the TSW2 client) and it's DLC *may* receive bug fix updates post-TSW2 release...but we haven't received any concrete confirmation on that. I would expect everything related to TSW2020 to be treated as end-of-life though moving forward, I cannot see them supporting 2 games.

I'm fairly certain they were aware this was going to receive alot of negativity (and it did). It all comes down to whether you are able to look past this towards the future.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

4.16 - 4.23 is a major revision within UE,
    and the rest of your comment... maybe they finally figured out that they couldn't go any further with 4.16 and needed to move to a better platform (one which UE have said it going to be forwards compatible with UE5). Not the best solution, but the only other one would be close TSW down. There's only so much you can do without starting over again

• Like Like x 2
  15. FileTrekker

FileTrekker Member

The guy on the left seems genuine, the guy on the right, sorry not sure of their names, seems like a spin doctor of the highest order and almost smug in the neglect of their product.

But no it does not sound like a clear commitment to any of those things at all.

They actually state FIVE SEPERATE TIMES at the start of the stream after the guy on the left repeatedly presses him for a better answer that TSW1 content wont be fixed, now or later.

• Like Like x 3
  16. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

This is what I was talking about the trust with DTG ... it is impossible, I sincerely give up with them very much to my regret. After yesterday's video it was clear to me all their intentions on TSW2, and the forecasts made have been fulfilled ... what more can I say ... Even I had a minimal hope in yesterday's video in case there was something relevant in TSW2 that would make change my opinion radically, but I'm afraid it was not, even in my opinion even worse. The good news? who have at least been honest saying "No" to the questions, now I can confirm the bad predictions that there were towards TSW2.

• Like Like x 5