Your Biggest Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jun 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

No.2 camera, jumping all over the place when passing an upright pole or passing under a bridge or other overhead structure.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

My biggest issue is lack of a quick drive. This really limits the playability of the game, it gets boring driving the same train down the same track, with the same rail traffic. This has improved recently with the railtour style scenarios on East Coastway, but you are still playing the exact same journey but just with a different locomotive each time.

Additionally, more interaction with other rail traffic would be good to produce adverse signals to make each journey different- an AI train could be late for example causing you to have to stop at a red signal.

3. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

When it happens, it's a bug :):););):D:D:cool::cool:

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This should be a setting, some people may not be able to drive using km/h....:cool:

5. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

So, dear Sam, a few words from Ukrainian railfan.
    1. We have community from former USSR countries (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus etc.) and we want to get Russian/Ukrainian routes with adequate rolling stock. We are ready to support DTG and to pay for this content.
    2. My wishes.
    2.1 Fixing of bugs especially in old routes. My previous colleagues described it very well.
    2.2 I think that current routes are very short and I want from devs releasing of longer ones by adding route extensions. Merging of some older routes (NEC + LIRR or RSN + RRO) for examle will be good solution too.
    2.3 Updating of ue4 to the actual build and implementing of its newest features.
    2.4 Releasing of IC, ICEs and TGV
    2.5 Map editor
    2.6 Multiplayer with dispatch functions.
    2.7 Releasing new content from another countries (former USSR, France, Italy, Switzerland etc).
    I hope that at least 50 % of my wishes you can make true.
    Thank you for your attention and good luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

we need some children passengers :)
    we need aged passengers
    currently all passenger seems to have the same body weight and age
    at some spots passengers just drop out of air or are stuck in the floor or waiting face away from the tracks
    passengers should always try to enter the train even when just arriving

the Northeast Corridor New York needs an overhaul on passenger loading
    and stopping points at stations it needs the red-green stopping zone
    which it does not have.
    it probably needs checking on speeds warnings too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

The book is wrong then! How would you implement a pump car to not affect any other service, and how would that assist with a gapped unit?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fuel

Fuel New Member

Hey Fellow Train Simmers,

Question about screenshots. I would like to post for screenshot contests but I seem to have a problem uploading mine to the forum. It kicks them back saying the files are too big to upload. How can I make the files smaller so I can upload them? Thanks to whoever can help me with this!

9. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

The book is the most updated version in the UK, Lovers Walk Depot coded LW has 4 class 09 shunters each painted In southern or Theamslink livery.
    The pump car, you pull it out your pocket, push the gapped train then Chuck it back in your pocket

10. levelzwei2

levelzwei2 Member

I agree the most but longer stops wouldn’t be good because on Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr you have a real Timetable and when you make longer stops it won’t be realistic. And personally I don’t have problems with the timetable.

11. cabnz

cabnz Member

Without reading anybody else’s comments, this is my wish list.

I personally would like to have a ‘simple’ control a bit like what Trainz has. I know TSW isn’t a model railroad but at the end of the day it is still a ‘game’ for enjoyment.

I love TSW but I find it too restrictive. I love how you can walk around (unrestricted) but I find driving a train far to complicated and I just want to drive. I’m not often interested in the startup etc.

So to sum that up, I just feel like it need more freedom in regards to just driving a train and doing what you want.

The other wish is to have modding. This game really needs that too.

TSW has so much potential but it needs more freedom in regards to driving/playing the game and the freedom to mod.

Thank you for the opportunity to express our wish lists.

12. michael hooley

The most boring thing about the game is when you play a scenario the route is exactly the same the next day. Would it be possible to put assets such as cars for example in a random vairiable?, you could have 5 different models plus blank. if this was done with other assets throughout the route, every scenario would be different. I do not know if this would be possible.

• Like Like x 2
  13. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

you do realize that getting an editor is not just about you and that YOU can use it. You will also benefit because people will make things that you can download right? If the city council asks for money for a dumptruck I won't tell them, "why would I want a dumptruck, I won't be picking up garbage" But I will certainly benefit that someone else will come pick up our garbage.

• Like Like x 4
  14. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Honestly I hope for a new nextgen-oriented project. A new Train Simulator-aka-Train Sim World like sum of all the knowledge (how DTG has learned) of lasts 3 years. Obviously without repeat the same, several, errors.

• Like Like x 2
  15. rich.cooke

rich.cooke New Member

jagay said

"Support for generic game controllers, rail driver, and remappable key bindings please!"

+1

16. steadfast

steadfast Member

I play on Xbox, so these issues may not apply on other platforms.
    1) The issue where every time you exit the seat (perhaps to walk to the other side of the cab to flick a switch) and sit back down the brake mode has changed. You can change it back by pressing X, but if you don't notice you can end up using the loco brake to attempt to stop a heavy train! A real driver doesn't forget what brake to use because they stood up and sat back down. Reported to the ticket system ages ago and got fobbed off with a reply that ignored what I wrote.
    2) When a pair of identical locos (eg 2x37 on Tees Valley) are in multi the echo on the sound is horrendous, to the point I shut down or isolate one loco.
    3) remappable controls! The default DTG is back to front of what I'd usually drive with.
    4) Assign the low tone of the horn to the bell button (like on TS 20xx) so both tones can be done by controller presses.

17. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

When I said 'start all over again' I didn't expect them to make a new game.
    I'm pretty sure the generic game controllers do work by using Steam Big Picture mode and there are already remappable key bindings on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  18. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

This trash called "Train Sim World 2"... You got me to buy Tsw back then because of false promises like a working PIS, multiplayer, the editor and non bugged passengers. And now you are telling me, that there will be a livery editor and MAYBE all these other things but only for a different game I have to pay for again? I supported you since the start with the beta and this is your thank you to your long time supporters? Unless the "upgrade" to TSW2 costs me 5 bucks, this whole thing is just a big punch in the face.

19. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I really don't understand this view. Very many games refresh as a new title on an annual basis, with progress improvements. Not just sport titles. Anything that is a franchise.... whether it is CoD, F1 GP, Assassins' Creed, Doom....

You will be able to use your existing DLC from TSW in TSW2... and TSW2 will have adhesion.... as well as livery and scenario creation tools. I'd suggest that you just hang on until October, see what everyone thinks about TSW2 after playing it, and then pick it up a few weeks later at 20% off.... I will be very willingly handing over my cash for TSW2 (assuming that the Class 47 gets fixed first).

TSW2.... in one fell swoop... has answered very very many of the biggest issues with TSW... for very very many players..... and I think that is a very very welcome development.

• Like Like x 6
  20. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

You're welcome to feed back on the TSW2 announcement in here, but it may get better response spun out as its own thread. I leave this to your discretion.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Task

Task Well-Known Member

So a few issues I would like to see fixed:
    • The substituted dostos on RRO and HRR always show "Nicht einsteigen", I would love to see them showing the correct destinations.
    • If you drive RE 4 and RE 7 services on RRO there always is a red signal until you finish passenger loading which is unrealistic and especially painful if you drive with PZB on.
    • You currently can't drive the dosto cab car on RRO.

• Like Like x 1
  22. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

The announcement is a welcome one so far, but this does nothing to address the common theme that TSW rarely goes back and adds to or improve upon old content. If anything, this is more evidence that entrenches this. I understand that it's a colossal amount of work to remaster the old routes to the new standards, but how do we know that launch day bugs on any of the new routes will be fixed in a reasonable amount of time? For all we know, they may remain throughout the game until TSW3 comes out, until they gradually fade into the background like NEC's river signalling and LIRR's barren AI timetable. Are we just supposed to forget that longstanding issues exists in products that we've already paid for, all under the convenient excuse of "advancing the engine?" Is this conditioning us to simply accept that once TSW3 comes out, all of these routes including the "legacy" TSW1 routes are simply binned? It seems like TSW is moving in the direction of AAA Sports titles like FIFA where once the new yearly installment comes out, all of the previously released versions get tossed to the side. This concept works well in sport titles as the fundamental game is the same, but when it comes to simulation, each route takes place in a different setting and each train offers different unique experiences. I'd even go so far as to say it's a worse concept because it's equivalent to removing a few sports teams from a game with each iteration.

Don't get me wrong, these new additions are welcome and are some of the most important features in a train simulator. Simugraph, adhesion, and new skyboxes are a welcome change, but I find it very hard to invest more money in a simulator that for much of its track history, has left longstanding bugs and issues remain, more often than not, and never addressing it.

In a nutshell, it really seems like Train Sim World was just early access for TSW2.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  23. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I find it slightly strange that a lot of the suggestions I made earlier in this thread (and in my thread about having an open world train sim) have somehow come true. One would think that I secretly work for Dovetail.

I don't.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Pretty much. It's a bit annoying, but I can live with it as long as they don't start doing this every 2 years.

25. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Actually I thought for months TSW actually IS Early Access (quite good for EA I thought), the runfile was long time "tswprototype.exe" (or similar) :-D

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Considering that TSW 2020 is in effect dead, doesn't that make this thread no longer relevant? Nothing is going to change in the next 8 weeks.

27. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Maybe suggestions for Update 1, an evolution might carry over annoying things ;-)

28. Plastic Pal

No. I suspect (and actually believe) that DTG want to do a big push to fix a lot of TSW bugs, ASAP... and stabilise that TSW content so that they can then focus on TSW 2 in the future....

Otherwise the activity over the last few days has been an utterly horrific waste of everyone's time, and I am not quite cynical enough to believe that - as that would really be some sort of sick joke. And I don't think that DTG have that sort of sense of humour.

• Like Like x 3
  29. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

You have more faith than me!

If they haven't improved certain things in the last couple of years, why would they rush to do so in the last 8 weeks. From what I've seen on here and other forms of social media there's enough people already queuing up with there credit cards in their hands ready to click that buy now button they don't need to worry about the few who are questioning the announcement.

30. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Now that I'm thinking about it, what's the excuse for not releasing the FGW HST livery for GWE? The DLC is going to be obsolete soon anyways with TSW2, so throw us a bone please, and release it.

• Like Like x 1
  31. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

TSW2支持SLI嗎?

32. Plastic Pal

Because it would be very difficult to then answer the question:

"Why did you ask the community to list the biggest issues with TS1 and TSW, when you knew full well that you would then immediately completely ignore everything..... and then try and deflect it all with the release of TSW 2....?"

Trust me - I can be Cynical Central... but even I really can't believe that anyone would be that insane..... although.... that said.... the Workshop Tab in TS1 has been designed by someone with a particularly cruel and sadistic streak.... so maybe you are right after all....

;-O

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  33. organdavid960

organdavid960 Member

I real hope that they can extend the lines and make them a bit longer and also add some new routes to the game. I would love a route where you can drive the London Waterloo to Portsmouth line. Would love a few different diesel train like the Class 171 so you can drive it on the East Coastway line.

• Like Like x 1
  34. DTG Protagonist

I firmly believe that not to be the case, however you have no reason to trust what I say, after all, look at the avatar...

Keep watching and see what happens. Maybe it'll be nothing. Maybe not. The aim is to settle issues that are outstanding with existing routes and locos, either by queuing up fixes, or giving a definitive "will not be fixed." The aim is not to sweep anything under the rug, it's to provide closure.

Maintain your skepticism until (if!) you get evidence to the contrary.

• Like Like x 7
  35. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

Sounds such as air horn on U.P. in peninsula corridor. Train car sound transition between speeds (such as wheel noise and sound from rails as cars go over them.) And one of the biggest problems is glitchy screens and frame rates. I play on Xbox one and we cannot change frame rates on console. In the past two months of play. I have had the screen literally freeze on me after playing an extremely long scenario. Don't get me wrong I LOVE THIS GAME!!! And I cannot wait until tsw2 comes out because I will buy asap. But I see that it says "add-ons" will be playable. But what about the routes and locos that where in the base game that came pre-installed. I bought the tsw digital deluxe download edition. That already had csx locos and amtrak on NEC route. Will all that be playable on tsw2? I dony mind if i have to start over with my stats as long as ALL my routes and locos can be played directly from tsw2 dlc.

36. michael hooley

Thousands of assets created over many years, yet the most obvious of all (Trainspotters) are missing?.

• Like Like x 1
  37. One thing I'd love to see, which would boost immersion for me, would be more variety of AI trains. I understand that creating a driveable good quality train needs a lot of effort, and that's the reason why a route typically only has two, with some as extra DLC. But it would be really great if we could have some different stock done only for AI. I know that with TSW it's more complex, as even "external" models have quite detailed interiors, but still it should be possible to create AI models as much simpler, without full simulation of systems etc., especially to populate stations. Even some extra static stock would help with immersion.

38. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

We've been discussing in the TSC discord about the fact that some (potentially all?) solo locomotive DLCs source some information from the route they are primarily made for.
    For example this means you have to own and have installed both the DB BR 182, and Rapid Transit to be able to see/drive the locomotive on MSB.
    I knew it was the case that you had to own RT to get the significant benefit of the added DB BR 182 services on RT and it was advertised as such, but its usefulness has since expanded by subbing in to other routes. It should be allowed that people can uninstall RT, or not have to buy RT if I don't own it. I just was lucky enough to not have run into that yet since I own most DLCs, but still few enough I haven't had to uninstall any.

The stand-alone loco DLCs shouldn't share code with any routes. TS didn't work like that. It's fine to say "Hey you're going to miss out on the big reason why we made this loco DLC by not owning this particular route" but it should be stand-alone coding-wise and able to substitute without any dependencies.

As substitution expands and there are more and more DLCs its asking for trouble if the expectation is for people to buy and keep 2 DLCs installed for the functionality of 1.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  39. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

Door opening on LIRR & other routes with longer trains / shorter platforms. In Train Sim, if a train is too long for it's given platform, or the operator overshoots / undershoots the platform, the only car doors that open are of cars in the station.

In TSW - LIRR in particular - this is not the case. All doors open on the entire train regardless of the train's / car's position on the station platform - a great example is Forest Hills and Kew Gardens. The platforms are designed for 4x cars max; however, when stopping at either of these, all train car doors open.

Otherwise, TSW is a superlative product and truly a dream come true. Cannot wait for TSW2 - keep up the GREAT work!!

• Like Like x 1
  40. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Can everybody just shut up about TSW2 you obviously don't want it so when ever someone says something good about it you say but what about this & that it's just stupid like I understand your not happy about it but you shouldn't spoil the hype for everyone else that are trying to talk about it.For example what about this DLC getting fixed what about this & that like really this thread is for the bugs you want fixed like don't take it out on other people

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  41. Plastic Pal

Um.... with all due respect... and... um.... not meaning to be rude.... but this thread was created explicitly to

".....invite everyone here to name their biggest issue - it could be an obvious bug, something that doesn't ring true or something more general"

This is the purpose of this thread. This feedback has been explicitly requested by DTG. This is not a thread where people are expected to "shut up" and not "spoil the hype" with their feedback/concerns/views.....

• Like Like x 4
  42. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I may have gone too far because so many people are saying the same thing over & over again it's getting very annoying

• Like Like x 1
  43. Plastic Pal

Aaah. Okay. Well... all I can say to you is that.... generally speaking a Forum is expected to have a diverse range of views, some of which might be the complete opposite of your own.

You are not forced to accept what everyone else says as a new truth. You can keep your own view of things, if you don't want to read/hear/accept what others have to say.

Plus - maybe you might like to skip threads that are explicitly asking for critical feedback, if you are particularly sensitive to that kind of thing... or if, quite simply, it is not your preference for reading material....?

Finally - I understand that some people have found solace in creating their own discussion groups, say, on Discord, where you are not allowed to be critical at all. You are only allowed to be shiny happy about everything related to Train Simulators. Happiness there is not only ensured - it is robustly enforced. So, maybe you could join one of those groups and read what they have to say, or create a group that precisely fits your own specifically defined view of the world, if their version of happiness doesn't quite match your version. ;-)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  44. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

So what's the point of this thread if TSW will no longer be supported? TSW2: Electric boogaloo comes out in August, so If it comes with all the bugs we're stating here that means:
    1. TSW2 is just a copy paste of TSW but with some updates
    2. You will update TSW but TSW2 won't have those updates
    3. TSW2 gets the updates but TSW doesn't and forever frozen in time of bugs that will be sold to people who are unaware.
    4. Other.
    5. All of the above?

• Like Like x 5
  45. Plastic Pal

So, have you prepared a queued list of TSW bugs and fixes? And will anyone be working on the list, at all.... or will it just be the centre-piece for a Modern Art installation....?

• Like Like x 1
  46. DTG Protagonist

This is on my to-do list for Monday. This is still ongoing.

• Like Like x 1
  47. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

It seems after the stream obvious that they abandoned TSW. So this thread was created for what reason. Maybe just for us to have something which seems like calming. But at the end it is sad that one is not interested to listen and to hear what the community has to say. But than again expects from them to buy their staff.

48. Plastic Pal

Thank you for this. There are a large number of people on the Forum that seem to have the impression that DTG has no intention to fix any bugs with existing TSW DLC, after 6th August 2020.

Given that it can take two to three years for DTG to recognise bugs (examples are NEC scenarios, Class 47, DB BR 155).... there is a genuine concern that DLC like the Class 20 could be released as a broken dud that will never get fixed (there would be less than two months for the players to test to see if it works), and that maybe all future DLC in TSW 2 could be released broken and then never ever fixed (because maybe TSW 3 will be released in two years...?)

Are they right....?

• Like Like x 1
  49. DTG Protagonist

I've no further detail for you, only to say that the project these threads are for (there are duplicates for each platform) is still ongoing. No results yet, and nothing planned, so assume they will result in nothing.

50. Plastic Pal

Okay - that is clear. That is all I needed to know.

My wallet is taking the same approach.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.