Possible Freight Dlc For Tees Valley Line

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by rhysdabeast0011, May 29, 2019.

1. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

When playing on Tees Valley Line I have noticed a lot of unused lines that seem to lead to some container yards which when I go to look at there is a invisible wall. Is this a sign we are going to get a freight dlc like NTP?

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Most likely not. They are just there for scenery. The areas in MSB / RSN for example for future Loco DLC extensions e.g. are all accessible by foot / with the camera. If there´s an invisible wall its most likely because they just serve as scenery.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

Ok thanks for the information

4. YackSchmitt

YackSchmitt Member

I'm not sure I agree with the reply, wilton is in there fully mapped with points so my guess is it will be part of the freight DLC, maybe a class 20 or 56 with containers.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Another possibility is that the "invisible wall" is the boundary or a map tile and that further tiles may be able to be "butted up against" this in future, so depending on how DTG have designed it, they could be extended in future. Only they know

6. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I've recently been exploring TVL in Spawn mode (pending release of the Class 20 DLC) and found there are some differences in the way the playable and visible map is treated.

As stated at certain locations your freedom of movement is restricted by an invisible wall. In other instances - such as the passenger exit from Grangetown you are informed that the session has been terminated as you've reached the edge of the playable area.

I was hopeful with this second TVL DLC that areas of the map that appear to be modelled but movement into restricted might be served by new freight flows. But alas it appears that the limestone hoppers included in the Class 20 DLC operate a freight flow to Redcar Mineral terminal - the same facility served by the coke trains

7. Trainspeeder

Trainspeeder Active Member

Probably not

8. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

You... you do know we now have 2 freight DLC for Tees Valley, right? The post you are quoting is from a year ago, before either DLC was announced. The Class 31 came out months ago, while the Class 20 comes out tomorrow.

Both add new services, but neither use the unused areas (yes, including the one that comes out tomorrow, apparently its new services were leaked before release)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the release of the Class 20

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trainspeeder

Trainspeeder Active Member

Oh yh lol, my bad

• Like Like x 1