Chiltern Mainline Will Not Load

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Zulu7029, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Zulu7029

Zulu7029 New Member

I am running TS2020 on Windows 10 and it works fine with the supplied routes etc in both 32 and 64 bit modes.
    I purchased, downloaded and installed the Chiltern Mainline add-on which appeared to have installed cleanly. However, when I double click on the desktop icon to start it a window appears asking if I want 2D or 3D track mode and after selection absolutely nothing happens.
    Also, when I go into Free Roam in TS2020 the Class165 and Marylebone are there. Selecting a run brings up an error window stating that the consist builder cannot find the various Class 165 carriages.
    Looking through the installed files I was surprised to see that a number of London underground stations are listed in file names, so I have to question whether:-
    1) Version 107 of Chiltern Mainline is incorrect in some way.
    or 2) The installation process has not installed to the correct files (I specified G:\Steam for the installation process)
    or 3) does anyone have any solution as to how I can get Chiltern Mainline to work properly?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When the route is installed it also puts the Aylesbury Line route in but without any scenic items.
    The file location is not a problem - I also have my Railworks on my G:\ drive.
    I have looked on my Just Trains Account and the Version 107 is current.
    The installation on my computer also added a Track Change Over icon to change from 2D to 3D or v.v

You could try uninstalling the route then when you reinstall use "Run as Administrator" when you run the exe file.

Peter

3. jace.montgomery20

jace.montgomery20 New Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  4. Zulu7029

Zulu7029 New Member

Thank you 749006 and jace.montgomery20 for your responses. I reinstalled it as administrator and it now gets loaded as far as the error window from the consist builder, which states it (e.g.) "can't load the JT Class 165 DMS etc.."
    Any ideas?

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Class 165 is a repaint of the Class 166 in the European Loco & Asset Pack which it says you need.
    But for some reason it might not be copying the reapints across which is why it cannot find them.

When you get the Error push F2 and then Save and it will run but some of the 165s will be missing

Peter

6. Zulu7029

Zulu7029 New Member

Thanks 749006. It is working fine know even if I am very embarrassed. I had read the note about the Loco and Asset pack with the complete opposite meaning, so I am now off to a well known opticians in the High Street!

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Glad you have it running - it's a good route :)

The Class 68 is still on Sale if you don't have it yet and reskins are available for the Chiltern Locos and Mk3s on the Vulcan Productions page
    https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/

Peter

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  8. Tomouski22

Tomouski22 New Member

I have just had a go at trying to download the mk3 coaches and dvt , the dvt file did download successfully but however unfortunately after i extracted the chiltern mk3 upgrade file i found that all the files in that particular were all empty. i think it safe to say that the makers of the chiltern mainline didnt make the dlc properly i.e they forgot to put the essential files in which were needed for the dlc to fully work properly.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And another person with the attitude
    "it does not work on my system therefore it must be broke"
    Strange how nobody else has reported this problem?
    Mind you they probably have the Assets required to make them work

The Chiltern Mk3 coaches are Not included with this pack - they are repaints of the default Mk3s

:mad:

10. Tomouski22

Tomouski22 New Member

Maybe some people are having problems with it but their not reporting it and it’s not that we have the attitude some people are finding it difficult to download meaning that they find that it doesn’t always download successfully with all the files within the dlc , funny enough I had an email back from the third party group who made the Chiltern Mainline DLC and they told me that there is another way of getting the mk3 coaches to appear on the screen apparently you’re supposed to uninstall the dlc and then reinstall it from your account but instead of going straight into train simulator itself log on to it via the steam client they say it should work if you do that also make sure you validate the dlc file otherwise if you don’t it won’t work

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tomouski22

Tomouski22 New Member

I just followed the instructions from that email that the third party creators just trains sent me and unfortunately it doesn’t work, i think we should forget about it and uninstall it if anyone is having the same problem and maybe avoid buying it

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you look at the page on Steam for this route it says
    Chiltern Railways reskin of the Mk3 coaches, including new sliding plug doors

On the Just Trains Website for the route
    https://www.justtrains.net/product/chiltern-main-line-london-birmingham
    it mentions
    Note: If you purchased Train Simulator after 20th September 2012 you will require the European Loco & Asset Pack (available to purchase via Steam) for the route to display correctly.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/208300/Train_Simulator_European_Loco__Asset_Pack/
    The Chiltern reskin is for the HST Mk3 coaches in this pack

I would contact Just Trains and DTG and ask if the EL&AP is required as it is Not mentioned on the Steam website

Peter

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  13. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Peter,

You might find this helpful: If a customer buys Chiltern Main Line via Steam, there is no need to separately purchase the European Loco & Asset Pack as it is included with the route and is downloaded alongside.

Best, Steve

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

In which case Tomouski22 should contact support as to why the Chiltern Mk3 Reskins don't seem to work

Peter

15. RGoo

RGoo Member

There is a known issue that the Chiltern Main Line from Steam Mk3s don’t include Geopcdx files, and it is currently needed to either own the just trains version or London to Aylesbury to get them to work.

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As TrainSim-Steve mentioned above the Chiltern ML from Steam also includes the ELAP which has the HST that the Chiltern reskins apply to.

AFAIK the Just Trains version of the route does not come with and Geopcdx files either.

Peter

• Like Like x 1