Questions : Köln - Aachen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

Will Eschweilertalbahn be part of the road? That we get later when the Talent was in game a possibility to drive the Euregiobahn from Düren to Aachen HBF via Langerwehe and Eschweiler-Talbahnhof-Stollberg Hbf? Its the only train stops at Eilendorf.

2. Mark28189

Mark28189 Member

Can you set you’re train to cold/dark in scenario planner.

3. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It was a joke ... clearly not a good one :(

4. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Monder You got cut due to time, sorry. In answer to your question - if you run anything out of the ordinary on a dual-limit line it will default to the passenger limit. So in your SPG example, your passenger service can happily run at the right speed (equally, so could a German freight train that happened to be in the area, but there you go).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. paultjuhhh

paultjuhhh New Member

Could you create additional Paths (start markers) in and oud depots or sidings in the planner? So we run a train from Koln depot to the Koln Hbf and to Aachen. So not only stations but also important sidings or depots?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

In the stream showing off the 'off the rails' segment of the planner, he created a scenario for the AC4400 to go into one of the sidings on the Bakerloo line...so it looks as though sidings are possible, not sure about depots though (probably not)

Screencap:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I did watch the stream and was pleased with what I saw! Very good, scenario planner looks decent!

One question, can’t recall it being mentioned;

Can late running AI be simulated? So could you have a scenario where you are “Chasing Yellows” most of the way?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

When you create AI trains, you designate their start time and location...so in effect you can do this by setting it to start closer to the player train and depart a little earlier than yourself creating yellow signals

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

New tsw2 hud very good

10. jiminero

jiminero New Member

¿Pueden permitir que el usuario que esté usando el juego Train Sim World pueda viajar a pie libremente por todo la ruta y alrededores de estaciones de trabajo y ciudades?
    ¿Por qué se impide al usuario recorrer todo el lugar fuera de la estación de trabajo de Train Sim World?
    ¿Porqué no dejan de recorrer al usuario libremente por todo el lugar donde se encuentra el convoy que utiliza?

11. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Nice stream, thank you! It was very informative and useful. I'm excited to use old rolling stock in TSW 2. This is real great idea! But, if I'm not mistaken, you didn't tell anything about "longer routes". Can you tell us about it?

12. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

The longer routes topic was omitted from yesterday's stream because it was already running quite long. Those questions are not forgotten, they are just pushed a little to the back.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

What I understand shall Matt explain for us why they not produce long routes.
    Shall be very interesting to hear him. If they shall do any longer routes in future.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Thank you Sam, you're the best!

15. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It's probably just the matter of time and effort. They already said there is no technological limit for route lengths, but obviously longer routes take more work.

Of course by now they gained quite a bit if experience in building routes in the new game, so that probably helps speed things up. So far TSW2 seems to raise the standards a bit compared to TSW2020 routes, hopefully this standard stays and we don't go back to worse quality routes.

16. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We've got a lot of Qs and As for longer routes in hand already, and will be covering it when we talk Bakerloo. It was scheduled to be covered in yesterday's session but we wanted to keep the time to around an hour and this would have added another 20 minutes.

Apologies for the wait, but we will be covering it next time.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  17. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

En este foro es obligatorio escribir en inglés. Usa Google Translator si te hace falta. Esta vez lo haré yo por tí:

Can they allow the user who is using the Train Sim World game to travel freely on foot throughout the route and surroundings of workstations and cities?
    Why is the user prevented from walking the entire site outside of the Train Sim World workstation?
    Why don't they allow the user to walk freely throughout the place where the convoy he uses is located?

Answer:
    They could do it, because it is much easier to let you go anywhere than preventing you from doing it. The problem is that letting you go out of the tracks and station would add a lot of extra work to make your walk happen as you expect. First, they will need to model every street and building you could potentially go to. For example, as it is now, they dont need to model in detail streets far from the station, because you will never get to see them. Second, they would need to add collision to every building / tree / object you could walk to, or you would just be able go thru the walls in any building, trees, etc.

So, they restrict the places you can walk to for a good reason. They cut development time on general world structures so they can spend it on things that are train operation related.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Not a critique in any way, but it will be a bit funny to cover long routes along the shortest TSW route so far :D

• Like Like x 3
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

True :D How many Bakerloos could you fit in one Sand Patch Grade? It’s got to be at least five. That’s given me an idea for scenario planner, SPG fully populated with 1972 stock and nothing else. They might only be able to drive downhill though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I wouldn't underestimate them, Tube has some hefty gradients as well and as much as I don't know 1972 stock specifically, you usually have quite a lot of traction motors on such trains, so it should be able to get itself up there... when it ignores the missing third rail. :D

• Like Like x 1
  21. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

1 "mega" route per year at a higher price in my opinion Is one way to bring longer routes... Think all the posible routes within 70-90 miles (Lets say) are out there.

Another way are extensions. Or something like diferent parts of one full route like the hole NEC, sold by separete pieces. And for example, you can own 1 of 3 DLCs of one full route, even if it is the first part, the second, por the last one. And ir you have the 3 DLCs you can run a extra timetable layer that includes the full route. Hope you understand my english...

• Like Like x 1
  22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The ICE3 units that work to Aachen continue to Brussels over a route with ETCS so it is not a Typo

23. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

They've managed to spell it ECTS, so it definitely is a typo...

24. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

This isn't for necessarily Koln-Aachen, but there are most likely DLCs for the original TSW that are in the works that will not be released for TSW. Will they be upgraded to TSW2 standards? What has happened to the First Great Western HST?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

ETCS = European Train Control System
    ECTS = European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System

Definitely not a typo in my eyes

Edit: My bad! Thought it was the other way round :|

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  26. MrAsieru

MrAsieru New Member

I really hope I receive some credits for driving the ICE 3M :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

I really hope I receive some credits for driving the Bakerloo Line

28. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So what do you do with your credits? :D

29. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Apart from the horror of the workshop folder, already mentioned, by someone previously, I am having an issue where I have had to contact DTG support, as some routes with a Quick Drive option do not appear in the QD route listing. I am sure, support will be able to correct this, but the fact that you cannot find the route, when it should be there, is frustrating.

30. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Train Sim World - I don't think it has any Quick Drive routes
    If you are talking about Train Simulator 2020 then this is the Wrong Forum

But then as you have already posted on that forum I think you know the difference

31. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Is there any Keyboard control overview. The controls ingame are wrong displayed in my case (german layout). The last good Keyboard control list I found was for the BR 182 and 767.2 . But they have no LZB, so Dovetail, pls give us a control sheet.

32. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Now, you continue to move the TS route to TSW, and there is no long route for four months. I know you would say that France is your ambitious goal so far?

33. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Guys, this was a thread made for questions for a TSW2 Pre-launch Q&A stream back in July, its a very old thread so probably not the place to ask questions.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Keight

Keight New Member

Hi. I found the traffic situation is the same throughout the all services. The only thing changing is the time of a day the rest is identical. Shouldn't the AI traffic have different schedules depending on service scenario selected? At least that is how is was on the previous route addons. Every train had its various timetables during the day thus making every service unique and unpredictable. But now after couple rides one knows by heart where to meet exact AI train or when to expect lzb speed reduction due to the leading train ahead. I know there is a scenario editor there but I am not interested in creating the one.

• Like Like x 1
  35. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I believe they used the IRL Timetable. Usually the service pattern will stay the same throughout the day (with service increasing during rush hours).

• Like Like x 1