Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pandyniamb, Jul 19, 2020.

1. pandyniamb

pandyniamb New Member

I have a question about the preserved collection. I didn't find the answer anywhere, so I decided to post a new thread. I wanted to ask, if I can use the DLCs from the original TSW in TSW 2, even though I don't have Train Sim World 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

You will be able to but maybe not right away they need to be worked on to get them in over the coming months

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I assume that you will be able to buy them (once they're ready) as the TSW2 version. If you owned the original version I assume you'd get a permanent discount or something like that giving the TSW2 versions for free.

4. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

The majority of add-ons for TSW* will work in TSW2 - even if you don't have TSW.

After TSW2 has been released all working add-ons will be shown as DLC for TSW2.

(*It is possible that one or two add-ons will not be available through preserved collection, or as DLC for TSW2. As soon as we can confirm this, we will do.)

• Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s new information. I predict a few broken hearts if it turns out their favourite DLC is not in the preserved collection.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

My guess would be NEC and/or Rapid Transit...those 2 seem to get the least amount of critical acclaim. They are also the only 2 routes which didn't receive the journey update.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes i see .not good

8. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I hope not because NEC was one of my favorite routes & what will I do with the DLC I purchased who knows what will happen

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

This fairly significant possible revision to the scope of the TSW2 product specification seems to be a little bit "buried" in the Forums..... but if you look on the main web page FAQ for the TSW2 product, which was launched with great fanfare, the following advice (see below, as appended) is still being given. The advice refers to "Your collection".... and not "Some of your collection, maybe..... or maybe most of it....maybe none.... who knows - your guess is as good as ours...............".

If it turns out that not all of "Your collection" will "come with you".... wil DTG ensure that this is given at least as much coverage as we have had to date.... in order to correct any misunderstandings that have been unfortunately understood.....? On all media? On the webpage....? In any paid adverts.....? On YouTube....? etc.....?

---------------------------------------------------
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/about-trainsimworld
    What is Preserved Collection?
    Your collection comes with you. You can play your Train Sim World 2020 Add-Ons in Train Sim World 2.

Why are you preserving my Add-On collection?
    Train Sim World has always been about your collection, your choice of Add-Ons from your favourite region, time-period, diesel, electric, passenger, freight – your way. We’re ensuring that you can continue to enjoy your collection in Train Sim World 2.

Will Add-Ons I already own be free in Train Sim World 2?

Yes. Your purchased Add-On routes and locos from Train Sim World 2020 will be free to download and play within Train Sim World 2.

Will Preserved Collection Add-Ons be upgraded?

Preserved Collection Add-Ons will be upgraded to work with the Scenario Planner tool in Train Sim World 2. Apart from this, they will be as they are now. Preserved not remastered.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  10. jursly

jursly Member

In the case that RT and NEC will not come to TSW2 what will happen with the DB 182?

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. fanta1682002

sorry i dont no

12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Would be a shame with the NEC. That one especially has quite a lot of Scenario Planner potential. A bit more full Penn Station, ICE, etc. RT would be a loss too, not a that big one though I think.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Plastic Pal

Personally I think it would be a great shame to lose any routes at all, especially since DTG have emphasised that you don't lose your DLCs... and that "Your collection comes with you" with TSW2......

But If NEC is lost, then maybe we should follow the advice of matthewbguilford and be "more understanding" regarding the difficulties that might be involved in meeting the expectations of the community that were raised by the advertised specification for TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tom Sykes

Tom Sykes Member

Please could you clarify "add-ons"?

I'm assuming this means that the original TSW routes (Great Western Express, Rapid Transit, and Northeast Corridor) won't be coming to TSW 2 because technically they weren't add-ons, but paid DLC such as locos and routes purchased within TSW/TSW 2020 will?

• Like Like x 3
  15. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I think the only route that is reasonable to not be preserved is CSX, and that's down to the fact it's being re-released.

If any other dlc are not being preserved, then this is a pretty major piece of news, and should be communicated properly. People will have read the TSW2 and expect that their entire collection will be ported across. Especially as I've seen you state that "Your entire collection will be preserved, but not all at release".

• Like Like x 7
  16. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I agree! If they communicate with us (for example) on why NEC couldn’t be brought over, I think being able to understand is a great quality to have, if that doesn’t work. We can always take the path you suggest and DEMAND that it be added by a certain date with the threat of legal action. https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...155-and-the-class-47.21552/page-4#post-152822 We always have options.
    33C903E8-A896-4E25-B5DF-FD7790882573.jpeg B1BBEE35-D8DE-4F91-BEAE-F18AB644D884.jpeg
    I understand making another account so people don’t associate the comments made by you in the past. It’s easy to see no matter what your username is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Plastic Pal

Good - I am pleased to see that you are so open-minded, generous and caring.

But, I am not sure where you have got the "threat of legal action" idea from - I have done nothing of the sort. That is a bit like me saying that we could take the path that you suggest, which would be to OFFER all of the male members of our families to DTG as ritual sacrifices, and hope that TSW2 will arrive and bountifully bear the fruits of the railway.... Because you didn't suggest that. And that would not be true (um.... I hope).

Just checking.... you don't actually do ritual sacrifices to DTG.... do you.....? ;-O

• Like Like x 1
  18. LucasLCC

I'm guessing the attached screen grab no longer applies?

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Doomotron

Technically, it still does. DTG haven't said that they won't be supported... yet.

• Like Like x 3
  20. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Come on DTG...don't leave us hanging.

This is pretty much a game changer in regards as to whether people buy TSW 2 or not depending on how much preserved content will actually be included.

• Like Like x 4
  21. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

This is a game changer for many players, it was hyped up that your collection goes with you, is that all - in stages as confirmed - or only some of the preserved collection overall?

Sams always active in the forums, and the one day we really need an answer, he is nowhere to be found.

• Like Like x 3
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

24 hours since this reply was posted by DTG Protagonist and then silence. He did visit the forum earlier because it says the time he was last seen on his profile page, as it does on most people’s profile page, so he must have seen what we’ve been saying. The lack of a reply is worrying.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Doomotron

Or maybe a reply is coming shortly? Let's not start worrying yet.

• Like Like x 2
  24. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I think it’s good to discuss about what has been said by DTG but don’t assume the worst before hearing more info from DTG on if something won’t make it to the preserved collection and why.

• Like Like x 4
  25. LucasLCC

Protagonist has frequently said that we should assume the worst, and if something isn't confirmed then we should assume it won't happen.

In this case, something was confirmed, and then is now no longer confirmed. Therefore, by this logic we should assume the worst that some DLC will be missing.

If this is the case, then the FAQ needs updating immediately and this needs communicating. They've frequently been selling it as "you won't need both games installed as everything comes with", but this could no longer be the case...

• Like Like x 2
  26. Plastic Pal

I think it is wonderful for you to have such a positive approach, and to hope for the best.... but if you had listened a bit more to the community over the last two years, then you would find that "hoping for the best", say, with respect to the Editor.... didn't work out too well (for those that hoped for it).

Ratners and DTG have something in common. I am not talking about quality of the goods... but the ability of both companies to be "maxim-breakers"..... With Ratners - they disproved the idea that "There's no such thing as bad publicity". With DTG - they disproved the idea that "No news is good news".

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I hope this doesn't turn into an argument because this thread has a lot of nice discussion

28. Plastic Pal

So - what do you think about the OP's original question, and the revelation that maybe not all TSW content will get ported to TSW2....?

29. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Well I bought TSW2018 because it had the NEC because I actually know the area between NYP & new rochelle I bought the game so it would be heart breaking not too have the NEC but at least the LIRR will see another day.I mean I basically live near the pelham bay bridge & oak point yard so it was a no brainer but rest in piece's future acela DLC

• Like Like x 1
  30. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

I will happily forget that last Q&A made it seem frankly a little unclear whether DTG have thought the compability / preserved coll. / whatever through as from the beginning we got the impression that it's just bad luck, TSW is old, buy TSW2 and start over, (or at least that's what I understood, I may be wrong), because this plan about getting all or at least the majority made compatible with TSW2 is I believe the right way to do it. I feel sorry for those, who have a favourite route or DLC possibly not undergoing this in any future - had it been me, I'd be upset too. I am very curious as to when we get more information on this.
    My suggestion is that that will happen in good time before launch, so buyers can give a solid thought on whether to venture forth into TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

What's so worrying? He said he will clarify when he has info.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Tom Sykes

Tom Sykes Member

This screenshot is making me believe my previous comment is true. Notice the lack of Great Western Express, Rapid Transit, and Northeast Corridor in the screenshot? I hope I’m wrong... I’ve never wanted to be more wrong, but after re-reading the FAQs and thinking about the meaning of “add-ons”, my suspicion is the missing content could be the original TSW core routes.

Attached Files:

33. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I have drained my time into NEC since 2018 I have been hoping for the acela express but we got the switcher & cab car so I hope I didn't waste $20 on that add on

34. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean I find it weird you could buy NEC & RT on steam & xbox one but not on PS4

• Like Like x 1
  35. LucasLCC

The 182 is in the screenshot, and that requires Rapid Transport to work.

That brings me to another question:

Will loco DLC still have the silly route dependencies? I'd like to buy the 33 without buying WSR for example...

Back on subject:

I don't understand the need for DTG to provide doubt like this, without some clarification. If there was some doubt about not everything coming, this should be properly stated along with what exactly it means.

Protagonist could literally mean just CSX, but until some clarity comes we've been told to assume the worst...

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  36. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

This is one of the most anticipated moment in this forum right now

37. DTG Protagonist

Hello folks, I've been away since Friday hence a lack of solid replying (I swing by daily even when off the clock to make sure the place hasn't burned to the ground).

So, some clarity.

It is NEC and the GP40-2 that are the most likely not to make the transition. Every other route and loco is being brought forward.

NEC is at risk because the way it was designed originally makes it the most difficult to convert. If I get any more granular detail than that I'll let you know.

You don't need to start campaigning for its inclusion, that argument is already being made.

Before the game releases we'll ensure that all public-facing information is clear about any limitations that are applied to Preserved Collection are evident. While we're in the run up to release details change regularly, but we're trying to ensure that any changes are previous negatives becoming positive rather than vice versa (yes, NEC would fall into the second camp.)

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  38. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Im crying right now NEC was my favorite & it had so much potential for scenario planner

• Like Like x 1
  39. LucasLCC

Hi Protagonist,

What's the reasoning for the GP40 also not making the cut? I was hoping we'd be able to use that on CSX as a substitution like per current.

• Like Like x 2
  40. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

We will hold a funeral for these routes or locos that may not be able to be used in scenario planner & TSW2020 on 8/20/20

• Like Like x 1
  41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarity.

• Like Like x 2
  42. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

wait was sam right things could get a lot worst for some people

43. Plastic Pal

Thank you for the confirmation that every route except NEC and every loco except the GP40-2 will be ported to TSW2.

This issue has re-raised some other doubts in the discussion. So.... just to double confirm.... I will be able to use the Class 33 and the Class 52 on GWE, with the Scenario Planner.....? The Scenario Planner does not limit the use of rolling stock to just their "native" or "original" TSW routes?

So - for more examples - I could use the Baby Bullet on Oakville? And the Class 166 on NTP?

• Like Like x 2
  44. DTG Protagonist

I don't have visibility on the GP40-2 situation at the moment. More news as I have it.

All other routes are scheduled for conversion.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Being able to use Baby Bullet on Oakville is something that might make me buy Oakville one day even though the train will have a wrong livery.

• Like Like x 1
  46. fanta1682002

gp40-2 very good emd train

47. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

With the preserved Colletion. When RRO Releast for TSW2 Is the BR422 Updatet? With Destnations Of the S bahn Serves,on Aachen-Köln? And the BR143 with now With destinations?

48. Plastic Pal

That is exactly what I was thinking..... ;-)

Suddenly every single unpurchased route DLC becomes x10 more attractive with Scenario Planner, because you can run all your existing locos on them.....and.... suddenly every single unpurchased loco DLC becomes x10 more attractive with Scenario Planner, because you can run them all on all of the other routes. And if you start buying more routes and more locos...... then the perks stack with each other..... ;-D

I suspect there will be a massive surge in DLC sales within a week of TSW2 being released. And frankly, if DTG pull it off without a hitch, then they will absolutely deserve to get the cash. Mountains of it.

• Like Like x 3
  49. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

So the NEC 'may' not make it but does that include the Switcher DLC or is that treated as a completely separate item to the NEC route itself? I think the Amtrak Switcher is another of those loco DLC's that had limited use on NEC itself so it would be good to create a scenario elsewhere even if it is not completely realistic (I'm thinking SandPatch)

• Like Like x 3
  50. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Hmm, well in it's current state the NEC was a broken mess anyway, so it's not like it's a huge loss. But good luck to it anyway, as it would be nice to see it in TSW2 and use the scenario planner on it (also the NEC rolling stock).

Considering it's "brokenness" is probably also part of the challenge of porting it, I wonder if you even managed to fix it up a bit during porting.

• Like Like x 2