No Class 801 Train In Add On

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cwright5, Aug 4, 2020.

1. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

Hi bought the London to Petersborough add on but there is no class 801 train as adverstised how do i get it.
    thanks in advance

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How are you looking for it?
    Start the game > Drive > Career and pick the Class 801 and you should have three Scenarios for the London to Peterborough Route
    801.jpg
    Peter

3. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

I do that but there is no class 801 train to be found? thanks

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What Scenarios do you have for that route?
    Just pick on the route instead of the train

5. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

no senarios for the 801 only trains available are class 365 emu first capital collect and the high speed train?

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Go in to your Steam Client > Library and Click on Train Simulator
    On the RH side you will find part the way down - Manage my DLC
    Click on that and Search for the Class 801 - it's shown as Hitachi Class 801
    If the box is not ticked - tick it and it will install

But if it is not there you need to file a report to the help desk
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/how-to-contact-our-support-team.3000/

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

PS: Make sure to send them your app manifest file as well.

8. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

Thanks for that there is no unticked boxes and no 801 class box so i will have to message support

9. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I had a look at what I have installed and I have both the route and the class 801 checked the route in game and the Class 801 services do show up they are in between the Class 365 services and the Class 91 services.

10. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

there is no class 801 in the loco list at all, there is not even any senarios for the 801 i messaged support and all the came up with was to varify files and clear cashe which i have done before.
    downloaded with this addon was Great Rail Journeys which also has the London to Peterborough and the class 801 shows in that game just not in train simulator

11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Well you definitely have a strange issue I am surprised that support was not able to provide a better solution to your problem. As they show up for me.

12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It might be a problem with DTG staff not being able to get into work. In the past when I have missing content they send me a code for a DLC that contains them. I don't know what you had sent to them but I would have said:
    "Hello.

When I upgraded to Train Simulator from Great British Railway Journeys, the Class 801 pack did not transfer. Strangely, it is not in my DLC list on Steam.

[Attach 'appmanifest_24010.acf' which is found in Program Files (X86)\Steam\steamapps]"

I was having a look through SteamDB to find the ID for the Class 801 but I don't think it works the same way as when I checked the app manifest file in Notepad I couldn't find the number. I did, however, find that buying TS DLC in Argentine Pesos cuts 84% from the base UK price, so I'd like to announce my family's relocation to Buenos Aires. :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rail Chair

Rail Chair New Member

I'm also having problems with the class 801 missing from London to Peterborough - did this get resolved?

14. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

its locked in Great british railway journeys the class 801.

15. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

I had this issue but I got the bundle with great british journeys. the class 801 is in great british journeys

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The 801 does come with the London to Peterborough route

The page on Steam shows
    Twelve Scenarios For the Route
    Including
    • The 801 at 08:01
    Key Features
    • Hitachi Class 801 EMU prototype
    Go in to the game and try the Career Scenario The 801 at 08:01
    Let us know what happens

17. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Same happened to me, the 801 was only in GBJ game, not in TS. I don't know why but a random day it appeared on my TS and it has been there since that day‍. Meanwhile you can go to GBJ and use it there I think.

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can only go to GBJ if you have bought it which most people in TS won't have done as it is the same as what they own already

19. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

You'll get the same cut on your salary here lol. We have great food anyway so welcome haha

20. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah but it seems to be the case of people that can't find the 801

21. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So you think that if you cannot find something you are entitle to you should go out and buy another package that has the 801.
    Rail Chair says he can not find the 801 but if he is new he might not know how to find it.

My suggestion was to try the Scenario - yours was to spend money buying something he owns.
    If he does not have it appearing in the Scenario then he should report it to DTG.

22. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thank you for the feedback on the 801, now looking into this

23. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I never said that, I said that it seems that everyone who had that problem seems to experience it AFTER buying GBJ (and obviosly not owning ECML before). GBJ is the problem, not the solution. Reporting DTG is clearly the right thing to do, I was just saying that I had the same problem after buying GBJ.
    I hope DTG get this right, because it seems you didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You said in post #17 "the 801 was only in GBJ game, not in TS. Meanwhile you can go to GBJ and use it there I think."
    Assuming people own GBJ
    I was pointing out the easy way to find out if you have it was to play the Career Scenario The 801 at 08:01
    Works ok for me
    LNER 1.jpg

Peter

25. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yes but I was talking about my particular case with GBJ.
    Cwright5, WVUadam and me had purchased GBJ bundle, and the three of us experienced this issue. That's why I assumed that this particular issue seems to be linked with GBJ buyers only. That's why, IMHO, you don't have this problem and we do.
    Anyway, in my case the problem got solved without intervention (maybe an auto update?).
    I hope to be clear, I don't wanna make a big mess of this.

26. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

PS: The thing was that in the meantime, when the 801 wasn't in TS I was able to use it in GBJ game (which is standalone).

27. pzm2850

pzm2850 New Member

I just got the GBJ bundle, and I also have a problem which the Class 801 is missing in TS.

Btw, I uninstalled and reinstalled the DLC, then I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole of TS but still to no avail.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  28. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  29. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

30. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

31. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

In case this helps, here is the app breakdown for the Class 801. It's definitely included. Since Jamie already replied, I presume he will resolve this privately with the OP.

The 801 also comes with New York-New Haven, which I suspect is how I acquired it. So when I eventually get London to Peterborough, I should have those scenarios, I'd imagine.

32. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why would the 801 come with New York - New Haven?
    It does not have any US Cab Signalling required on the route and the OHLE is set too high for the Pantograph

33. Cyclone

Beats me. But it does. See for yourself.

It's also included with West Somerset, Pacific Surfliner, Somerset & Dorset, London-Faversham (this one makes sense), and was part of the "Ultimate North American Collection" as well as the "Haulin' USA" pack.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  34. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I suppose that depends on how correct the SteamDB is - it is not advertised to some with any of those routes

35. Cyclone

The answer to that question lies in buying the item. If you check your DLC, you then see that the DLC downloaded would match what appears in SteamDB. Want another example? Ohio Steel 2 comes with a Norfolk Southern DLC and two older CN models. They download when you buy that, and they are also not advertised. Want two further examples? When I bought Bristol to Swansea, and also the Goblin Lines, they came with the smaller routes (Bristol to Cardiff and North London Line respectively), but the scenarios did not download. Check SteamDB and you see that they are not part of the package. This is something I brought up to DTG,. but as of today, that has still not been fixed. You either have to buy North London Line itself to download the scenarios, or contact Support after buying the Goblin Lines to get the scenarios for North London Line, which at that point is considered owned. Easy fix is to put North London Line Content & Manual into the Goblin Lines package. Instead, some buyers never know they are missing out on content, and if they do, have to get it through a support ticket. Such an easy fix and they can't even do that. I only know that, when I visit Goblin Lines for the first time on camera, I will be advising in this matter.

BTW, the same thing happened with Bristol to Cardiff Contents back when South Wales Coastal included that separately; right now, that doesn't apply because everything is now made for the new route. North Wales Coastal did not have this issue, and the extension did not include the smaller route; you had to buy it separately.

So the point remains. If someone buys Goblin Lines, they may later go to buy North London Line and be unable to because they "own" it. And thus, be unable to pick up the scenarios. This will create a ticket that I already gave a solution for fixing: just include the bloody scenarios with the full route and remove the smaller route. They did that with South Wales Coastal when they unbranded it. I doubt they'll do it here and keep working on pushing out new DLC instead. But honestly, they really should do it here and remove the need to buy the smaller route separately. It just leads to customer inconveniences and incomplete acquisitions of content. And this will prove to you that SteamDB is accurate, as I already know it is since this happened to me twice.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I have an issue with the 801.
    I got TS21 and also got GBRJ. All the routes from the GBRJ pack are there in TS21 and can be used.
    The one that is missing is the 801.
    I can drive the 801 in free drive but the scenario 801 at 8:01 is missing from the TS21 game.

37. Cyclone

That's because it's not part of Great British Railway Journeys, or even TS itself. See https://steamdb.info/app/258662/subs/

From that list, you can get New York-New Haven, Pacific Surfliner, West Somerset Railway, Somerset and Dorset Railway, or any other there that I might not be seeing near the top. Any one of those will give you the 801. I would suggest New York-New Haven as it has a unique in-cab experience with signalling.

That said, London - Peterborough is itself part of Great British Railway Journeys, so this might also be a case of a problem with now you own the route but can't get the train. I recommend contacting Support, but ONLY if you do not ever intend to purchase any of the routes I just named. If you do, then Support would be granting you the same train from those anyway..

EDIT: I see now you said it can be driven in free roam. If I am mistaken, I'll allow someone who knows the issue to speak up. But the fact remains that I don't think the actual 801 is in the bundle. Stub 434730 is in the bundle but the one that includes the 801 is package ID 35556.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  38. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It clearly shows the 801 is included in the ECML London-Peterborough pack and that a scenario is part of the pack (the 801 at 8:01).

Taken directly from the steam store page for ECML: London-Peterborough
    Twelve Scenarios For the Route
    • Peterborough Nene Sidings Departure Tutorial
    • King’s Cross Empty Stock Tutorial
    • Peterborough Southbound Stopper
    • North to Hitchin
    • Welwyn Garden City – Down Slow from London (Part 1)
    • Welwyn Garden City – Back Up to London (Part 2)
    • Back to Bounds Green
    • The Staff Train
    • In a Hurry
    • Morning commute to Stevenage
    • Southbound to Kings Cross
    • The 801 at 08:01
    Key Features
    • 76 mile (122km) East Coast Main Line route from London King’s Cross to Peterborough
    • Landmarks including Alexandra Palace, Emirates Stadium, Digswell Viaduct, Gasworks Tunnel at King’s Cross, Copenhagen Tunnels and Bounds Green train maintenance depot
    • Freight yards and Post Office depot at Peterborough
    • High Speed Train (HST), including Class 43 locomotives and full coach consist
    • Class 365 EMU in First Capital Connect livery
    • Hitachi Class 801 EMU prototype
    • Scenarios for the route
    • Quick Drive compatible

39. Cyclone

You are absolutely correct, and I noted that the train is included with the route.

My analysis is based on SteamDB. See 35556, which is the standalone route package you are linking to on Steam.

Now look at 13568, the bundle information for Great British Railway Journeys. Click on 434730. Then go to Apps, which I've linked. Notice one item. Just the route. Clicking the 222618 links you to the page where it shows all the packages including that app. 35556 is a separate package from 13568. See the problem here?

40. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

I'll quote this is from my reply to a post regarding Class 802 nova..

41. DPSimulation

DPSimulation Active Member

However, the depot page for the Great British Railway Journeys is now showing as having the Class 801 included. As the user above has bought GBRJ and clearly received the Class 801, we can assume the original issue was addressed.

What is missing is a scenario, wasn't this an infamously troublesome one from a while back? Could it have been omitted?

42. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It seems to be an issue with that bundle, I had it until (now I realise) I bought NYC-NH. You should submit a ticket to support but, in the meantime, you can play those scenarios in the GBRJ standalone game that comes with the bundle that you already own. Hope this helps :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  43. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

I did have to copy and paste the 801 assets etc. into TS to get the GBRJ 801 to show up though... just worth reiterating that I think. :cool:

44. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I have the 801 (still unused) that came with a route - appear in Quick Drive under Class 801. From the above, there seems to be an issue with the route version included in GBRJ that doesn't have it.

45. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Ok, both the GBRJ and RailWorks DTG assets folders contain class801Pack01.
    As I said above, the 801 does show up in TS21 but only in freedrive.
    Is there a specific file for the scenarios?

46. DPSimulation

DPSimulation Active Member

Scenarios in a normal TS21 installation would be Content/Routes/00000029-0000-0000-0000-000000002014/ECMLSClass801Pack01Scenarios.ap

• Like Like x 1
  47. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Thanks. I found that there were 2 copies of the 801pack01scenarios.ap in the TS21 files so I've moved one to the GBRJ folder.

48. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It does have it, but it doesn't have the scenarios

49. Cyclone

Oh, this was the one where you have to do some digging. Hopefully someone from DTG can get that install fixed so the folder installs correctly in TS as well. Since the 35556 package for the route itself installs correctly, maybe that version should go into the GBRJ package instead of what's currently there.

Perhaps I should investigate my own install. I got my London-Peterborough via the bundle, but already had the 801. I'm guessing that my scenario is not located correctly.

EDIT: My 00000029 folder has ECMLSClass801Pack01Scenarios.ap and scenarios are fine in TS. It seems the bug is on the GBRJ end. At least anyone playing through GBRJ can dig around and move it, but if files are ever verified, or installed on another PC, it will probably move right back.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  50. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

only if it's .ap packed though I think.