Rivet Games Teaser

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jasonpfc, Aug 16, 2020.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

That could be possible, as DTG is still educating other devs on the TSW editing tools to make routes, so it could be an exclusive partnership with DTG and Rivet?

• Like Like x 2
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

Excellent! That is a possible location and route description for the teased route! Yes it does match with the bridge in the picture but as the weather doesn’t really give us a good look at the environment we can’t confirm everything. Although that is a great guess, are there any other possible options? Other than that this is a great prediction!

• Like Like x 4
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

Thanks for saving me some time!:D

4. MetrolinkF125#916

You bring up a very good point there. Maybe it’s for track workers? Blocked by a fence to the public, in which only workers and employees have access to and can unlock it? And us players too?

5. MetrolinkF125#916

That is another great guess as the track mostly matches that of the picture of the teaser. But here’s the catch: steam train that early? DTG said that there might be steam trains in the future, unless this route is to be released waaayy longer than the usual time taken from reveal to release due to dev and testing work, as steam trains would be a first and their dev team has to be 100% sure that everything works perfectly. So either that or wait, but otherwise great guess!

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Adding to the fun would be using the 1938 stock on the Bakerloo line. That would make it all tie in very nicely. Of course a reason for making the Island Line now is the imminent replacement of these trains with more modern units.

• Like Like x 2
  7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

The pictures look SE of England to me. But wherever the route is I hope that it is somewhere that hasn’t been done before in TS2020!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

see for me it's still hard to that there is barely any foliage on top of the bridge and looks like it's being used unlike this bridge by swalecliffe Screenshot (12).png

• Like Like x 2
  9. Knightfire1964

also it's very fitting for dtg to have a route near Chatham near where they are based. or this is the branch line of the route and we get the chatham mainline which connects to the ramsgate branch line similar too eastcoastway where we can go from brighton to eastbourne but then have the branch line going to seaford

• Like Like x 2
  10. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I was going to guess IOW too and was looking to see if it had been mentioned already. A short route, not too complex, maybe the introduction of steam in the future? But I wouldn't be surprised if it is this that features for the train will be recycled from the 72 stock from the Bakerloo line. I hope I'm wrong. I wouldn't be too disappointed with IOW but would hope it is a SE line or German route.

• Like Like x 6
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve been looking at this again and the scenery through the trees in Rivet’s picture matches with what’s there in the IoW, with the pole and the road in the mid-distance. It doesn’t match the scenery in the other suggested possibility for me. I’ll keep my guess in this one thread in case I’m wrong. I wouldn’t want to have plastered lots of threads and posts all over the forum with my guess and look all silly when it turns out to be the other one (or something entirely different) :o

99% certain I’m right though :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Knightfire1964

oh well just have to wait and see tomorrow maybe this weeks is going to be busy on the forums also where is the road on the rivet photo must have missed that

• Like Like x 2
  13. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Yeah, the telegraph pole through the trees does seem to match one in the field in real life as does the vegetation around the bridge. Only thing that doesn't seem really match is the bridge itself as in real life it has a retaining wall down the side of the bridge but it does have some vegetation growing on the parapet.
    upload_2020-8-17_11-52-51.png
    https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4767568

• Like Like x 2
  14. Knightfire1964

agh yeah for retaining wall would be dead giveaway if it was on rivets photo

• Like Like x 2
  15. Knightfire1964

here's a photo showing the steps by the smallbrook bridge smallbrook bridge.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Well it looks like I was right. There’s a first time for everything, I suppose. I’m much more happy about the Island Line coming to TSW2 than I am about being the first to guess it though. I just wanted to drive the Class 483 and now I will be able to. Getting excited now.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Knightfire1964

yeah i guess many people will mix the 483 with the bakerloo line probably

• Like Like x 4
  18. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wow, the Isle of Wight speculation is not bad. The stairs really look similar and are pretty much the same distance from the bridge, so I think there is a good chance you guys are right.

If it really is Isle of Wight then it's a really cute touch, considering IoW was like the first add-on for Rail Simulator ever. Also it was one of my favorite routes for TS, so it would be nice to see it again in TSW standards.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So is this what you said you thought it would be?

20. thundergaming11

If you're right you should get an exclusive cookie ;)

• Like Like x 4
  21. CrossEyedMary

CrossEyedMary New Member

I hope Rivet have included the heritage line, they've got a nice selection of diesel shunters to play around with.

• Like Like x 2
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It is yes.

I’ll take any prize or gift, real or virtual.

• Like Like x 2
  23. SHINO BAZ

Sam should give you a free dlc copy of it,it's not worth 30.00.

• Like Like x 1
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It hasn’t been officially announced yet, or what it includes, or what the price will be, so don’t judge it just yet.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Northerner

I wonder what year it'll be set in and therefore which livery the class 483 will be in.

• Like Like x 1
  26. SHINO BAZ

If you remember westsomer set a tourist line is the odd one out being 23miles with 2 trains and 5.00 less so this should also be cheaper also being a tourist line also way shorter then 23miles.

• Like Like x 1
  27. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s almost certainly the Isle of Wight based on the second screenshot.

https://www.facebook.com/RivetGame/photos/a.460643961383526/740039870110599/?type=3

A screenshot that shows, as I’ve always thought, that although TSW2 might be on a newer iteration of UE4, as it stands it is no different to TSW1 and shows absolutely no signs of progress at all.

As for the route, another short, (effectively) heritage railway.

I despair.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  28. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

What exactly does it show that makes it no different?

29. hightower

hightower Guest

If I could show the image on this forum I could demonstrate better, but look at the sky - a big selling point of TSW2 supposedly. It is EXACTLY the same sky as TSW1. The lighting is still completely wrong and in no way any different, and look at the trees in the field (and the texturing of the field itself) immediately beyond the trackside foliage....it looks damn awful.

30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You can’t really judge things from screenshots. You have to see the game running natively on your preferred system to tell the difference. There are definitely differences.

• Like Like x 1
  31. hightower

hightower Guest

Sorry, but I completely disagree. That scenery looks no different to the rubbish that caused such an outcry after MSB was released. The sky still looks 8-bit. There is no step forward at all in the scenery beyond the immediate trackside, with a low bright sun the trees are casting no shadows FFS. TSW2 is meant to be a ‘significant upgrade’ but there has been nothing shown thus far that justifies that description.

That screenshot tells us everything we need to know. The final product will look exactly like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  32. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

If you haven't already seen it, the TSW FAQ's in announcements on this forum kind of shed some light on this (pardon the pun), the requested features are kind of laughable given the excuses for TSW2 first given. That however is relatively off topic. If it is the Island Line then that's cool. It's another route that people can get if they wish, or not if they don't. Personally I enjoyed just going back and forth on the route in TS classic so I'll enjoy it if it is. Doesn't excuse a lot of things but I understand the decision to start on a small unambitious route as a testing ground to hopefully go to bigger and better things in the future...hopefully.

• Like Like x 5
  33. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

It’s a route I still go back to in TS2020, so looking forward to it’s incarnation in TSW2

• Like Like x 3
  34. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The way I see it, you can enjoy the game for what is, or complain so much you no longer enjoy it. That’s obviously a personal choice. On another note, don’t remember them ever saying TSW 2 would be a significant improvement over TSW 1 and I’ve watched every live stream.

• Like Like x 5
  35. SHINO BAZ

Being short shouldn't be used as the main reason to poo poo this route,there are far more things to judge this route on other then just lenght.If it's done well then that means more then how long it is.Unless you do a route with a high speed train then route lenght might have a impact on it.

• Like Like x 1
  36. thundergaming11

Well that 2nd screenshot is a slam dunk. Once its announced the word "steam" will flood the area and will be the only words I ever see on this forum and future streams till the answer of "no" is given ;)

On a separate note, it will be nice seeing customised liveries for the 438 and creating some sort of vintage livery to use on the Bakerloo line :) very much looking forward to it!

• Like Like x 4
  37. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I agree with this statement, the field doesn't look that convincing. But I'll wait to see it in action before I pass my judgement on this route. We can't really do that with a couple of pictures only.

• Like Like x 1
  38. SHINO BAZ

This might still be one of those (work in progress)screen shots.

39. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting any great difference in graphics quality, I don't believe that was ever mentioned by DTG.

Personally this route doesn't excite me, I got bored of the TS1 pretty quickly and that came with the steam railway as well at a time where there we not many add-ons available, I can't see this being much different.

Having said that, I think it will be a good quality route, judging by their other routes so will probably purchase it. I will be quite a pretty route to explore "on foot" if nothing else!

• Like Like x 6
  40. Northerner

I'm personally quite excited about this route. I hope that as it's quite a short route, there's been a lot of attention to detail on getting the train sounds and handling right. It's going to be interesting to see how they animate the sea around Ryde Pier also.

• Like Like x 2
  41. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Happens quite a lot on UK routes, all part of track access for operations managers and being able to evacuate trains. One of the things drivers and conductors (guards) have to know is the location of bridges in case of emergencies

• Like Like x 2
  42. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Must admit, IoW doesn't fill me with joy. TSW has become a bit too "tubey" for me what with the Bakerloo line. From memory of riding the line, the service frequency is pretty odd. Two services an hour in each direction with 40 minute and 20 minute intervals. Maybe it's changed recently.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Where I used to live in Leicestershire, between Blaby and Enderby there was a gravel track that led off the main road (B582), down a bank and straight onto the railway line... the line had wooden boards between the rails and the public could walk straight across the railway and onto a footpath to Whetstone... all quite normal I can assure you.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

If it is 100% the island line by judging by the screenshots it will be interesting to put some 1938 stock on the bakerloo line with the scenario planner which I would be looking forward to

• Like Like x 4
  45. MetrolinkF125#916

Well we have more to speculate on! Take a look at this, recently posted on Rivet's insta;)

upload_2020-8-17_20-0-35.png

• Like Like x 3
  46. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That's beautiful!

• Like Like x 5
  47. MetrolinkF125#916

IKR? The only question now is what train that is, and what line or railroad it typically runs on.

• Like Like x 1
  48. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

I think it's already been solved.

• Like Like x 4
  49. Knightfire1964

Yeah it's the 1938 stock for the Isle of wight

• Like Like x 2
  50. MetrolinkF125#916