Tsw 2020 - Final Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Matto140, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

In this rush about TSW2 I didn't find information about final update of current TSW 2020 (and addons).
    Can someone provide it to me, if it is known ? Thanks.

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The most recent update was posted here. If you are asking about a potential future update, I don't believe there has been any confirmation of any more TSW2020 updates being snuck in before TSW2's release.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Matto140, I believe there will be no more routes, updates or addons once TSW2 is released, although you will still be able to play the game as before. This is my belief and am not totally sure so I would suggest that you contact DTG for a more definite answer.

4. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

The more definite answer is found in the Frequently Asked Questions:

- Will there be any more updates to TSW2020 or its add-ons after TSW2 is released?
    No.

5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Also adding, will any outstanding bugs from TSW 2020 be fixed?
    No

6. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Indeed, having followed like many of you TSW2020 since its release then TSW2 and precisely at the release of TSW2 DTG already announced its disengagement from TSW2020 read the post of 08/17/2020 (yes I know it dates but already at that time they clearly announced the abandonment of TSW2020 following its replacement by TSW2)
    link to explanation: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-frequently-asked-questions.25065/

tsw2020.png Sincerely, tof

• Like Like x 1
  7. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

upload_2022-11-13_0-4-6.png
    Holy necrobump batman

• Like Like x 4
  8. batrasian63

batrasian63 Member

I think it is totally and permanently current.
    It will/is applicable to TSW2 and in a year or two to TW3, and in two more years in TSW 4.

This post should be pinned as this will happen over and over again.

While it is normal for a game to have versions with major updates, it is not at all normal that no major bugs have been fixed in the previous version. Or that the "new version or major update" is nothing more than a small patch with insignificant improvements, brings more bugs and does not solve practically anything with respect to the previous version.

Do you want to continue using Train Sim World with the promise (permanently unfulfilled) of new routes with few bugs, amazing graphics with different umbrellas, beautiful cloudy skies and smooth as silk ?

Buy the amazing new TSW XXX !!! Disclaimer (all can be practically identical to TSW XXX -1)

You do not want? Well, stay with your routes full of errors and stutters with Mario Bros graphics.

It is my opinion based on my previous experience and all DLCs purchased before TSW3 (TSW2 + patch).

As I've said in other posts, it's a shame as I like the concept, but it's been in my outdated/unplayable/"never buy anything from this publisher" section for a while now.

And why do I post here from time to time? Because I like trains, because I would like things to be different and because, as a customer who has paid a lot of money, much more than other infinitely better games, I want to publicly complain about a very defective product.

Apologies for the rambling and for my bad English

• Like Like x 3
  9. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

What i remember is that DTG promised release fix for cement circle scenario for TSW 2020 and it never happened. So they suppose to release some patch for 2020. The same promisses was about TSW 2 and as i can see for PC version last update was still in August and we have November now. So i will not count on updates for older versions.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Callum B.

Then you remember incorrectly.

Cheers

11. trainsimcz

Well i wonder what you remember then because this "Our intention is to fix two outstanding issues (this being one of them) on both TSW2 and TSW2020." is telling me that there suppose to be fix for 2020 too :P

And then of course here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/fix-it.33934/#post-235022

So you have very short memory.

12. Callum B.

Cement Circle was fixed in TSW2020 in May, 2021. You have the short memory. From the very same thread you linked:
    Cheers

13. trainsimcz

That was fix for consoles... PC version was never released. You can check that on SteamDB, as TVL, Class 31 and Class 20 got last update July 2020 (which is not may 2021), my TSW 2020 .exe file is from July 2020 which means not even core update. So next time you should do more digging informations before you wrote about short memory.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stanciupushing

stanciupushing New Member

Interesting thread

15. Callum B.

A fix was released nonetheless, contrary to your original claim.

Cheers