Bakerloo Line (driver Change Over)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ian1991, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, just a random question.

I like to try to copy the real life ways of a line so can anybody tell me what is the main change-over points for drivers on the bakerloo line besides running out of depots?

Thanks

2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

I don’t know for certain but I imagine the only place Bakerloo line train operators would get a PNB (and thus get relieved by another operator) would be at Queens Park. The only other place I could think of is Elephant and Castle but I don’t know if there are PNB facilities there.
    With Stonebridge Park and Harrow & Wealdstone terminators, I am pretty sure the operator would bring it back to Queens Park before getting relieved. Or vice versa- the new operator could take over from Queens Park heading Northbound.

A full run from Elephant Castle to Harrow is comfortably under an hour so there is no reason why they could not do approx 2 return trips and make it back to Queens Park for a PNB as this is where the train operator depot for the Bakerloo line is (and thus there would be PNB facilities here). After the PNB (which would be about 40-60 mins), do another 2 return trips.

PNB = Personal Needs Break

I can hazard a guess at what a typical operator’s diagram would look like:

Driver 1: Queens Park - Elephant and Castle - Harrow & Wealdstone - Elephant and Castle - Queens Park (gets relieved by Driver 2) *PNB* Repeat

Driver 2: Queens Park (relieves Driver 1) - Harrow & Wealdstone - Elephant & Castle - Harrow & Wealdstone - Elephant & Castle - Harrow & Wealdstone - Queens Park (gets relieved by another driver) *PNB* Repeat

The above is only an educated guess- but if they are anything like the mainline/national rail, they should be a good guide.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Ian1991

Thankyou for the time and explanation, will give that a go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Also they used to take their meal relief/break at Baker St due to the TFL staff canteen being located there.
    Hope this helps.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ian1991

thanks for the comments mike, will be taking mine from their now on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

They can also get a PNB at Willesden Junction as they have a huge TFL mess room at the High Level part of the station.

Terminating services at Stonebridge Park go forward to the depot there, which I also believe has mess room facilities on site.
    You also see a fair few trains in the reverse back at H&W with no driver onboard, which would also indicate that there is some PNB time there as well.

• Like Like x 1