Csx Gp40-2 Buglist

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Shukiii, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Bugs I have noticed so far:
    LOCOMOTIVE:
    -ditch lights on the long hood side do not work properly
    - water gauge viewing glass does not allow you to see inside

WAGONS:
    - It is not possible to interact with the coupler (and the ladders, if they are supposed to be interacted with) on the 42-foot CSX steel coil car

ACHIEVEMENTS:
    -GP40-2 Tutorial doesn't award the achievement CSX GP40-2: Engineering Basics
    - The scenario Sandpatch Sunrise doesn't award the achievement CSX GP40-2 Dawn Savior.
    -The scenario Power Line doesn't award the achievement CSX GP40-2 United Once More.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

And the bug releasing continue...
    I wonder why the DTG QA is so bad, customers buy it and instantly see the bugs and QA have weeks of testing and find nothing.
    I should refund it and end beta testing DTG DLC...

• Like Like x 3
  3. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

So we've just received word that Valve have published a much older build of the GP40-2 which appears to be the root of the issues being raised.

The fully up to date version is now live and exiting and re-entering the game should update the GP40-2 to the latest version.

- Jay

• Like Like x 3
  4. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Might want to get that information onto the store page Jay, looks like a few people have been quick with the negative reviews.

5. Shukiii

The update fixed the second point on the buglist. The problem with the 42-foot CSX steel coil car still persists and the achievement is still not awarded.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  6. Daniel Bloch

Here we go again:

- In the tutorial of the GP40-2 it says "You just completed your first lesson operating the GP-38-2" ... just copy & paste... copy & paste
    [​IMG]

- All GP40 service rides are allready have a checkmark, because its just the same rides as with the GP38-2, how should i know now what GP40 i did an wich not? (for the achievement)
    [​IMG]

- Needles of the gauges are in the night still black, you cant see wich is the white or red needle (I reported that 10 weeks ago, still no fix).
    [​IMG]

- Numbers on the HOTD are looking strange and are cut off somehow
    [​IMG]

- And of course a new bug with new content, trying to get into the box cars you now get stuck on the roof. (before the GP40 i could not open the box cars, just the sound but doors stayed closed).

- Achievements are bugged, miles are not counting, no achievement for the tutorial or completing the scenarios.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Shukiii

The achievement for the Sandpatch Sunrise scenario doesn't work either, Likely that the achievements for the other 2 scenarios also don't work.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  8. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

The GP40-2 just takes the place of SD40-2s in services, so there are no new services, and they should be checked off if they were done before. The achievement is just to do 20 services, which does not seem to mean 20 unique ones.

9. Shukiii

@Daniel Bloch The boxcar bug wasn't introduced with the GP40-2. I already noticed it two or three weeks ago. I haven't played much CSX Heavy Haul since the GWE release though, so I don't know when exactly it was introduced.

10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I don't even have this DLC because I made the serious mistake of purchasing it from DTG instead of through Steam. This is ridiculous!

11. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Looked in your spam folder?

12. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

I couldn't complete the Power Line scenario. I waited for the coal train to arrive for over 20 minutes, but it seems it never triggered. I noticed there's a coal train waiting near the yard entrance, not sure if that's the one I'm waiting for.... But yeah, pretty disappointing. I'm a completionist, so I'm also very disappointed with the broken achievements. And Mission Possible is still broken from the original game. So many problems....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daniel Bloch

More bugs:

- The power line scenario dont work, the coal train is stuck.

- No hearable voice in the scenarios, only text.

-The ditch lights on the back have some black cover but at night the light up the sourunding:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  14. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

The GP40-2 has the same Mirror-Hitbox problem ALL the original Locos had on the first version of CSX-HH.

20171130205437_1.jpg

15. Sintbert

And another one

In Scenario Power Line all the locos have exaustfumes even when only the leading loco is powered up.

16. chrisvazquez7

^ Were you able to complete Power Line? The coal train didn't show up for me... Not sure what I did wrong. When you have to move the locomotive onto the turntable, it asks if you want to give up control of your service... not sure if that's it, but I can't use the spotter buttons without sitting in the engineer's seat. Just wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong.

17. Daniel Bloch

The power line scenario is bugged, even Matt Paddlesden could not complete it on his live stream.
    I hope there will be soon a fix for the GP40 and all the bugs in it...

18. Sintbert

Yea i completed it.. but its nothing like those 70 min, more like 150 minutes.

Spotter train:
    Thing with the Spotter train is: when aproaching the turntable with your 2 locos, stop a soon as the first loco is on the marker, don't drive till the distance is 0. Then go over to the other loco and it should not ask you to take over that service. If it does you can already restart the scenario, it will no longer be possible to complete the next task.
    Then turn the turntable, drive the train with spotter buttons on it, turn the table so the shorthood point to your train and drive with spotterbutton to connect them. When it does not complete the task when you couple, you have to restart...

The Coal Train:
    I think the timing on that is completly wrong, it starts @ 13:05. I had to wait over 40min for it to start moving.
    It would be way better if the start of that service would be connected to the completition of a previous task. Or at least note an estimated arrivaltime on the texts when it is set to a fixed time and use something that makes sense in a scenario. Realism or not, i dont want to wait 40 minutes in a game...

Long Train of Locos and Breaks:
    When the train grows and all the locos are setup correctly there is a problem with the automatic brake. It will no longer be possible to completely release it. I checked all the locos, everywhere the things where set to cut-out, handle of, and the 6-26 thing...
    But towards the end ot the scenario i had to turn off all safety devices and run in notch 8 to even move the train.

So yea, thats a realy bugged scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Daniel Bloch

Edited: that was a wrong though, I think pschlik has the solution two posts down :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  20. Sintbert

The EOTD is always behind the last loco/car as soon as you couple up. But yea i heard the airlflow sound on all the locos all the time.

21. pschlik

The issue with the brakes is the exact same thing that causes the hissing on AC4400CW services. The locomotives automatic brakes are set to cut-out, but they think they are set to cut in, and to handle off, so all of the SD40-2s are trying to apply the brakes to full service against just 1 GP40-2 trying to release the brakes. The odds are against the GP40-2...
    Probably some technical thing is causing that where the game isn't checking the state of a control before deciding what SimuGraph should be doing, and needs an update to the control before it realizes it should be doing something else. If you move the valve to freight or passenger, then back to cut-out, the system will then tell the SD40-2 to stay cut out. Seems like DTG is going to keep letting core bugs get in the way.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

They have to refocus on the ever expanding backlog of bugs after this next route release. They know from the poll on here that is what the community wants. I've also seen some Facebook comments requesting the same.

It would be madness not too.

23. Trooper Green

Trooper Green New Member

Possible minor cosmetic bug here (submitted as ticket #DYL-323-92242):

The GP40-2 seems to be missing the shadow texturing in the engine compartment that normally gives the illusion of the visible engine parts extending off into darkness.

First, the correct shadowing seen in the GP38-2. Notice the black background behind and above the engine:
    20171201120015_1.jpg 20171201120020_1.jpg

Now, the engine bay of the GP40-2 with the missing shadows. Notice the bright, visible walls and ceiling:
    20171201115614_1.jpg 20171201115629_1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  24. pschlik

It seems that the solid walls of the engine room are also what blocks out the water gauge viewing glass. That oval window should let you see the engine room from the outside, but on the GP40-2, the only thing behind the window is this metal...What the heck DTG?

25. Daniel Bloch

The text written on the wagon walls are visible through the freight and also the centerbeam.

[​IMG]

26. pschlik

That’s another one I’ve been seeing since GWE. That problem exists for all decals on everything after the base game CSX content. Coil cars and centerbeams just have decals that stick out more at a distance than any decals on GWE stock. I fail to understand why DTG decided to change to this form of decal considering it does this odd effect, while the decals from the base game CSX content do not do this. Both are decals, just different decal technology, and the old tech seems a lot better than the new tech...

Anyway, I know that one is in the system, and I think it is known...Matt noticed it on stream at least, so he knows it is there.

27. Shukiii

Updated my list with more bugs that I have personally witnessed.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  28. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

So; I unlocked the GP40-2 Moving Power achievement, which involves operating the GP40-2 402 miles, by doing some shunting in Cumberland Yard. Never realised how large Cumberland apparently is. :P

29. Shukiii

Corvan Lots of TSW achievements unlock or used to unlock at random times. These are very low priority bugs imo.

30. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I would like to confirm Sintbert's post regarding the power line scenario. The coal train service will start moving only at 13:05 and it took me 2 hours and 32 minutes to finish the scenario. I doubt that was intended by the developers.

I also had an issue where after the service finally arrived, I couldn't get the GP40 to start moving. Its almost like it had just shut off entirely. A quick save and reload of the scenario fixed the issue for me and also fixed the issue with the brakes as I was also experiencing that.

This issue is not exclusive to this scenario or the release of the GP40 but after moving the cut of coil cars to the empty siding and uncoupling them, a few of the cars seemed to have this clipping issue where they would shake back and forth continuously. The same thing happened to the locomotives after I had dropped them off also and was heading back to the fuel pumps. It makes quite the noise and I have seen this only a handful of other times.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  31. Shukiii

PlatChap Does the achievement for that scenario work?

32. Sintbert

For me the power line and the sunrise scenario both didn't give the steam achievement, only forming steal worked the first time.

33. PlatChap

I did not get an achievement when I finished the scenario

34. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I've had this happen to me as well. I've also had issues wherein shunting cars together causes one to pass through into another a fair ways.

I also did not get it.

35. Daniel Bloch

Two new bugs found:

- If you set the dynamic brake to setup you can spool up the engine going to notch 8 but the lever stays in idle.

- After a while the shadows from the cab light are going crazy for me, at the start the shadows are ok but after 5 minutes or so they look like this:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  36. Sintbert

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. pschlik

Well, that’s the big stuff taken care of. And I bet some other issues in there got fixed, will need to check it out.

38. Daniel Bloch

That are the only bugs are fixed? lol... One thing from 15 that was reported in this thread.
    I hope there will be follow more after this.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  39. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

40. Daniel Bloch

Well the scenario power line should be fixed? I just startet it and after 10 minutes the bugs we found so far in this scenario are still there.

- Still no voice hearable, only text

- The brakes still doenst work if you couple more locos together and you get stuck as the locos are leaking air because of the wrong initialisation of the brake switch to "cut off". The air flow meter of the GP40 is still at the max of air leaking (somewhere above 80cfm).

I dont know if i should continue and waste again my time of testing the complete scenario?

41. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Are we absolutely sure that this is a bug?

So I played the scenario for a bit and encountered a couple of things before I stopped.

• After coupling to the first SD40-2 the brakes starting 'hissing' and continued to do so through the second coupling.
    • I took the SD40-2 down the line and stopped with the Automatic Brake so I could hop out and throw a switch behind me for a reversing manoeuvre. After I got out, and even though the Automatic Brakes were set to Service, I noticed the two locos slowing rolling forward.
    • The scenario calls for your consist to couple to the front of the second SD40-2. I take it you're supposed to turn it on the turntable until the nose is forward. I reversed it into position and coupled it from the long end to my consist and the scenario accepted it.
    • While heading for the third set of SD40-2s the textures both inside the cab of the GP40-2 and along the entire outside body corrupted; they became very blurry and horrible looking. Both of the SD40-2s in the consist were perfectly fine and everything else in the environment looked fine. I persisted for another minute but as it wasn't resolving itself I stopped there.

42. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Yes, somehow brake cut-out valve is a bit borked here. It is in Cut-out position visually, but you should nudge it towards any other and then back to cut-out. That stops hissing. Repeat on every coupled loco.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Power Line again:
    - When you couple to arrived coal train, your loco shuts down. Not that much of a bug, but still wrong.

44. Daniel Bloch

Yeah still full of bugs this DLC and this scenario... i wonder if someone from DTG ever testdrived it? I assume not.

45. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Question; the second SD40-2 that you add to the consist is supposed to have an empty fuel tank and can't be started.

After I got it coupled up and started moving again I noticed it was sending out exhaust plumes. I would've expected it to be dead and quiet though?

46. Daniel Bloch

Corvan: if you look at the fuel tanks and the gauge on it you see there is a lot of fuel in the loco, and as soon as you couple a loco to the player loco and the engine is out it has fumes... another bug in TSW... one of hundreds.

47. PlatChap

I also noticed the SD40 they claimed was empty actually did have fuel in it. Has anyone tried starting it to see if it would start? I may have to go back and try that.

48. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Yeah, someone here or on steam forums have started it. It just has fuel pump breaker switched off IIRC.

49. chrisvazquez7

Has anybody been able to get the achievement for Power Line now?

50. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Global achievments stats say no.
    upload_2017-12-5_1-20-56.png