PC Csx Gp40-2 Beta Update Available Now

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Dec 4, 2017.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Hi all. We have now released a beta update for the CSX GP40-2

Thank you to everyone who has been providing feedback regarding issues with the GP40-2 so far, we have spent a lot of time investigating and working on your reports and today we have opened up a separate branch of Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul, for you to check the immediately proposed fixes below.

CHANGELIST
    • Added localisation in all supported languages (DE, FR, IT, ES, PL and RU)
    • Fixed Power Line scenario so it can now be completed.
    • Fixed a large gap in the window ledge of the GP40-2 model.
    How Do I Get Access To This Proposed Update?

By changing the game build using the following steps

1. Right click on Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul in your Steam Library.
    2. Select Properties, then the Beta Tab.
    3. Enter the password - gp40preview1
    4. Select tsw_gp40-2_patch1 in the drop down.
    5. Download the update and launch the game.
    (You'll need to unsubscribe from this branch in order to revert to the currently live version, you can do this by right-clicking on TSW: CSX HH and select None - Opt out of all beta programs)

We recommend before entering this program making a backup of your profile. You can do this by making a copy of %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved\SaveGames and storing it in an easily accessible area on your system.

Please continue to report any issues that you are experiencing whilst using this test build, this will allow us to thoroughly investigate and collate your feedback with a view to providing a fix as soon as possible, we'll bring you more info on where we go beyond here once we've tested and released this update. We will be here reading everything even if we can’t reply to everyone!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

I'm quite pleased with this DLC already, especially with adjusted GP40 performance. Do you plan to adjust SD40 and GP38 the same way? As of now performance among them is wildly inconsistent.

Ah yes, and thanks for correctly animated brakes on new freight cars.

3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm not the only one who was keeping an eye out for that. ;)

5. BNSF650

BNSF650 Member

What about the horn and bell sounds on this? Are they right?

6. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

The bell sound is a little different but they reused the same horn from the other engines. I think the bell just rings at a slower pace than the others.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  7. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Anything CSX is going to have the same horn. DTG is fully convinced that CSX uses the same horn on everything. Apparently CSX said they do...funny that they will listen to CSX more than to real life.

8. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

http://steamcommunity.com/app/530070/discussions/0/1499000547487056955/

So there's an interesting, if not a little odd, discussion on the Steam forums suggesting that this beta update contains hidden optimisations for the game and that DTG are hiding optimisations behind a paywall.

I don't personally subscribe to that theory myself; I didn't notice any improvements when I got the GP40-2 or when I went onto the beta branch either.

Has anyone else?

9. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Nope, hadn't noticed any difference neither in GWE nor Sand Patch. Both are working as bad in dense areas and as good in empty ones as before.

10. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Certainly not hiding any updates behind paywalls, ever. And we're looking into these purported improvements to see whats going on :)

- Jay

• Like Like x 1