Br 146.2 Bug?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Smitty_1965, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Smitty_1965

Smitty_1965 New Member

Not sure if this is the right place for this post or not. If it isn't, my apologies. I just bought the game this morning. I'm stuck in the tutorial, BR 146.2 Introduction. It says "wait for the brake system to charge..." I don't think it's charging as I've been waiting for half an hour lol if this a bug that hasn't been fixed or am I missing something?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ljgibbsfan

ljgibbsfan New Member

The game doesn't let me do that. It won't go any further until you put it on the specified setting

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sozer

Sozer New Member

Same for me. Bought the game today and have exactly the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Betjoin

Betjoin Well-Known Member

Try and use The Overcharge-Button next to the Pressure-Scale (if that is possible)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sozer

Sozer New Member

Like ljgibbsfan said, you can only do the action the tutorial wants you to do. When you get to that point mentioned above you can’t klick or move any buttons or switches.
    Would be cool if it would be fixed...

In my case the wiper is on too although it is not raining. Don’t know if that’s a bug too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Smitty_1965

Smitty_1965 New Member

I'm guessing that since this is the tutorial it won't let me do that

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smitty_1965

Smitty_1965 New Member

Yep, mine too lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. sypher77

sypher77 New Member

I managed to get around this bug today. I hit restart (not return to main menu) when I got to the brake pressure situation. When it restarted, I sat in the driver's seat before it told me to and did all the operations from there and it never brought up the brake pressure or to wait for it and off I went. I hope this helps everyone affected.

Edit: I started the MSB journeys #1 shortly after this and just sat in the driver's chair again and did the startup procedures from there with no mention of waiting for the brakes to build pressure.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  9. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I have same problem now, when i was start from zero! ;):cool:

10. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Not possible, nothing! :(

11. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I can get the brakes charged, but when it tells me to throttle up there is very little power (0 amps) it gets me up to about 10kph then just coasts slowly to a halt no matter what I do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Thanks it worked like that for me too

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sozer

Sozer New Member

The bug was mentioned one month ago and still there was no patch for it. My support ticket is still open too.

It is a shame, that DTG are developing new contend like the BR Class 377/4, which will be released on 12th december, before fixing major problems in their current products... I won't support that and I won't buy anything until the bugs are fixed...

I hope someone of DTG will read this.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Samuel

Samuel Member

It helps me. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  15. Joe-c127

Joe-c127 Member

Then maybe delete the game,because they can't focus on just fixing these problems.

• Like Like x 2
  16. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

True, shame! TSW is not free2play, We bought it for money and everything has to work fine, if any bugs appear it must be fixed immediately and not wait for a few months following the update! :mad::mad:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Sozer

Sozer New Member

The Problem is I like it very much and just want to try to make the developers of DTG think about it to change their style of working. It could be so much fun to drive in TSW! :-(

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sozer

Sozer New Member

Seems like they fixed the bug. Changelog from the 1.30 update:

- Resolved an issue whereby the DB BR 146 tutorial could become blocked for completion whilst awaiting brakes to charge.

Did anybody try by now? I would be really happy if it works =)

• Like Like x 1
  19. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I managed after the last update but somehow strange, it doesn't work at speed increase but I was recognized by training with a gold medal! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. DiscoKazuma

DiscoKazuma New Member

Just thought I'd reply here (yes I know it's an old thread), as I may have found a solution to some of the problems on this tutorial, and want to help others in the future.

It seems that the issue used to be that the brakes wouldn't charge properly. However, after the update mentioned by Sozer above, the new problem seems to be that, having removed the tutorial step where you wait for the brakes to charge, there is now a risk of closing the Main Circuit Breaker before the brakes have finished charging, meaning that no power is given to the throttle (not sure if this is a real-life safety feature or just a bug).

You'll be able to tell if this has happened by checking the left hand screen (above the master/reverser switch). When closing the MCB, the kV bar on that screen should go from 0 to 15, indicating that power is available to the throttle. This can be seen at 2:42 in this video. If the MCB is closed before the yellow needle on the lower-right brake pressure gauge has reached about 4 bar (you should hear a hissing sound too), then the kV indicator will stay at 0, and nothing will happen when the throttle is applied later in the tutorial. So, be sure not to rush this step!

Hope this helps save new players some frustration!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

TSW 2020 is old story now, we have new TSW 2! ;):cool:

22. kevinvk1303

kevinvk1303 New Member

I came with a simple solution for this.

Just follow the tutorial as you should until you unlocked the doors. After that you will need to lower the pantograph. Then open the circuit and then you raise the pantograph and close the circuit. then you should be good to go!

Tip: wait at least a few seconds between each step but do it before all the passengers are boarded.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021