PlayStation Crashes / Derailments

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Not that I’m particularly eager to crash a train, but why are crashes and derailments simulated in Train Simulator but not Train Sim World?

• Like Like x 1
  2. johnathan015

johnathan015 Member

I managed to derail the bakerloo line train at Harrow & Wealdstone turnback sidings whilst doing 10mph and noticed it didn't really derail like the video you attached in your post.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

Because the only real train accidents I have seen where the stock bounces around in pristine condition involved Brio and basic Hornby models. In order for an accident to be up to TSW2 standards I think that you would need to simulate damage to the rolling stock bodywork (racing sims have done this with varying degrees of success for years - I'm not sure how well it could be translated to rail vehicles). There are also some clips there which are clearly stupid, such as the steam loco dissappearing into the ground at the bottom of the turntable well or the locos that bounced when they hit a river (the surface of the water was undisturbed).
    In other words - because every other attempt to simulate derailments and accidents looks cartoonish.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

And license-holders are NEVER gonna allow destructible models.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I ploughed a ac4400 into the turntable well at Cumbernauld

• Like Like x 2
  6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i feel it's very suitable how the game handles derailments it's not really something that should be done i know its a game but still railways aren't safe you can look at what happened in Scotland for that. with the regards to why it happens in train sim 20xx ot train sim world could be licencing issues i know from the f1 games they have had to limit damage made to the cars as sponsors are strict with how there logo is used. with train sim 20xx it's a little bit relaxed as much of the stuff can be made 3rd party and is easily accessible with the editor

• Like Like x 3
  7. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Hahaha! I thought about doing the same thing.

8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Hold my beer

20200703_181644.jpg 20200703_181644.jpg 20200703_181701.jpg

Hentis

9. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

Don't really understand why people would want to simulate an accident where many people could be killed, if this were real. It's like when Microsoft had to take the twin towers out of flight simulator because users were purposely flying passenger planes into them. Let's keep it a simulation of driving trains and not a carnage simulator.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

agree well said

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I often worry that Mrs Stujoy, who is an avid gamer, is going to get a huge arsenal of weapons, which she will somehow completely conceal about her person, and then roam around the ruins of our town killing zombies. She wouldn’t get too far because there wouldn’t be medicine conveniently scattered about the ground every 50 metres or so. Luckily she only does that in digital form and my fears are unfounded.

Even she finds the idea of having train crashes in my simulator to be in poor taste and is dead set against the idea, because TSW is recreating reality not making up a fantasy world where people can do as they please, like in Zombieshock Redemption, or whatever her games are all called.

12. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

I understand the argument that it would be in bad taste, but having a more realistic accident (not over-done, but at least one that shows some damage to the vehicles) would probably encourage me to drive more carefully. At the moment I will happily put the ICE throttle all the way up and see how fast it can go, even as it moves off of the dedicated high-speed line. I wouldn't do that if the consequeces of an accident were more than a message saying 'service failure: vehicle derailed'.

13. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member