Frankfurt Koblenz Signalisation Much Broken. Dtg You Need To React On This!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kim Olesen, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

Great work on the scenery by DTG.

Horrible horrible signalisation.

Some signals are out.
    Some have all the lights on!!
    Main signals of the h/v system has become incapable of showing the green/yellow aspect for speed restriction. (New bug, not seen before in German dtg routes)
    Many distant signals do not reflect the state of the main signals.
    Some distant signals warn of speed restrictions of Okm/h.

Only one quick drive from Frankfurt to Koblenz and back again would have highlighted these problems. That is a real lapse of quality control.

So please DTG. Fix the signals.

Or even better: buy a working german signal script from either Maik Golsch. He is already working for you on TSW. Other great signal scripts are made by Schuster or Signalteam.

But you CANNOT go on with selling broken german signalisation.

DTG Protagonist if you are being earnest in wanting to improve TS, this is the time to show it. Now is the time to show you will actually fix bugs. After all signallisation just being in the ballpark of correct, is important for the gameplay.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  2. kueppers.michael

kueppers.michael New Member

Kim is absolutely correct here! While the quality of the Route as a whole has improved (compared to the last ones), the Signalisation is really a mess here and an updated is needed!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mountainman87

Mountainman87 New Member

Thanks Kim Olesen, for bringing this up here. Indeed, the route's signalling is a complete desaster. I expect DTG to correct this mess as soon as possible (although, given their history, I don't hold my breath).

• Like Like x 1
  4. julian2

julian2 New Member

Quality of the Route is really good and makes it fun to drive. But the signals are indeed very "strange" at some parts of the route.

• Like Like x 1
  5. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

I can only agree with that. The route itself looks mostly nice and ok. But the technique in signalisation is in this DLC a nightmare. It was in past DLC´s better (but not in all!. The S1 extension for the Cologne - Koblenz, thats more than worst - its hell, and sadly still hasnt´be fixed yet). Signals showing yellow without reason, signals that brings you to a emergency brake even if you confirmed the signal/PZB, and other some curious things where no visible signal is existing and you become an emergency brake without reason.
    Come on guys from DTG you make it on your english routes better (not perfect! but better).
    It might be a solution if the easiest kinds of signals are used. If they are working correctly it is better than accurate kinds of signals there are not working.
    Repair this stuff, and all people are happy. This should in your mind too for better selling your products - Train Simulator AND TSW. If you are not can make functional signaling in TS, why people should buy TSW-stuff where same problems are to expected???!!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  6. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It's a shame, as if the signalling was up to scratch then I'd most likely have purchased this outright.

7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

This is a really nice route, but as others have said, the signalling is dreadful. I like it, but the bugs are spoiling it a lot.

8. sjjones98

sjjones98 New Member

I also think this route is very enjoyable. Getting AI crash in scenario 7 "Christmas Day".Sent a ticket in. Is anyone else having this issue?

9. ken_carolbridgeman

ken_carolbridgeman New Member

Also the speeds are all over the place, running from Koblenz to Frankfurt, approaching Boppard, running clears at 140K, line speed reduction to 110K, reducing to 100K approaching Boppard with clear signals, the last seen was Green and Double Green, when suddenly speed dropped to 40K it prevents even getting close to a reasonable score, penalty of approx 7000 points for speeding, was looking forward to running this route, but, as usual consigned to the bin until DTG fix it

• Like Like x 1
  10. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll postpone to buy the DLC at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  11. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Shouldn't all these reports have been posted in the bug report section of the forum instead of "general discussion"?

I'd like to see the signals sorted asap possible but I'm not going to "demand" it be done in our timeline, ask nicely, and usually, you will get a response.
    I've posted in there so let everyone else do so and perhaps we may get a response from the team.

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Know what I think? I don't think anyone who can do anything about this cares. TSW2 is here now... we call all paint our trains silly colours and marvel at the shininess.

13. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

I'm interested in retention rates at this point. Just from my own experience. Just over one hour played at TSW2 since launch.

Countless hours thrown into TS since TSW2's launch.

Back in 1996, on the Sega Saturn, there was a demo of Sega Rally available. At that time, it was at the forefront of what you could technically achieve on the Saturn in terms of racing and arcade ports. The demo in question featured the Forest run.

Man, how I ran that race over and over. It was amazing. The graphics were stunning (for the time) and it kept teenager me totally engaged, racing the course over and over in the Lancia Delta, Toyota Celica and Lancia Stratos shaving over hundreds of a second on runs in order to perfect and hone my rallying skills.

It was a great experience. However, it was unbelievably shallow. Was I still playing the demo a year later? Nope.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Pookeyhead

I never bothered to buy it. There's too much DLC to buy for a proper simulator without wasting money on a console game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

thank for the feedback guys I cancel my order ;)
    The reviews of Steam speak also in the same way...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Dayum.gif

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. Going into depth really helps the developers identify potential issues and check that everything is working as it should be. I'll make sure this thread is passed onto the team.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Kim Olesen

Details below:

This is just the northern part between Bingen and Koblenz. Below is the description and links to the videos where it can be seen. At a quick glance i'd say the Frankfurt - Bingen part of the route has more issues than the one described here, Mainz - Frankfurt is heavily affected by strange stuff. For some reason the DTG signal script for the Ks signal system was never right. What is strange is that more and more errors have crept into the h/v system over the last 3 years. It is like the script is deterioating.

Bingen Koblenz video:

23:08 Distant signal all lights on
    26:59 distant signal all lights on

Koblenz Bingen video:

09:12 - 10:15 Distant signal shows speed restriction. Main signal shows clear BUT the max speed in the hud drops to 40. That means that the Main signal should have showed green/yellow aspect just as the Distant signal does. Generally it appears that many Main signals of the h/v system often cannot show the green/yellow aspect for some reason. This is a bug new to DTG routes.

(Why there is a speed restriction at that place is strange since the switches are not deviating from the main line. But the point being that the main signal does not show green/yellow as it should)

13:54. Distant signal wrongly shows expect red signal. But the following main signal is green. There is no trains in the path of the player train. It’s just the standard quick drive.

19:49 Left track distant signal: all lights on
    Right track distant signal: all lights on
    Right track main signal: red, green plus zuzatssignal stop lights on simulteanously.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  19. martschuffing

Excellent information there Kim, that at least should be enough to pinpoint where these signal problems are, also Protagonists (Sam) video should pinpoint those anomalous speed changes too. Thanks, DtG Jaimie for giving us hope of a fix.

20. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that there is a missing Lf6 (advanced speed sign) for the 80km/h reduction at the bridge before Mainz-Römische Theater when travelling in the direction of Mainz Hbf. There may also be a complete lack of an intermittent 120km/h section (can't confirm this since I'm using a mod atm) and Lf6 for that section.

At Bingen Stadt there should be a 100km/h speed reduction right after the platforms in the northerly direction, and an accompanying Lf6 (or signal based Zs3v warning (can't remember which) but there is neither. Without this the line speed is 160 km/h in a section where the advance signal distance is only 600m which can cause dangerous situations if the following block is occupied.

CORRECTION: There should be a Lf6 advanced sign (morpeth board) at hectometer 19 for the 100km/h restriction. There should be a Lf7 permanent speed restriction sign right after the platforms of Bingen Stadt.

Hopefully DTG has access to a current timetable (Buchfahrplan) that they can use to fix all these errors. The video I've linked below is about 8 years old but shows many of the speed changes/signals between Mainz-Mombach and Koblenz that are still current (like the aforementioned ones at Bingen).

Also: The LZB section is wrong at/around Frankfurt Main Airport. It should not stop until the train leaves the Köln-Frankfurt High speed line.
    Right now you have sections of 220km/h line speed without LZB :D

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Tigert1966

To add to the list, I was just running the Christmas Day Scenario, I was running exactly on time leaving Bacharach on a green signal and as I accelerated up to 120, I got an AI collision, although nothing was visible. It seems to be repeatable, attached is a screenshot.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  22. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Trainz Railroad Simulator you mean? :P

23. Pookeyhead

No. I can only assume it's great for U.S rail simulation, because it's a load of pants for UK simulation.

• Like Like x 1
  24. frank351981

I´m not an expert for signalling techniques in the TS, but one thing that might be cause for some of these false signals could be false speed-entrys in the signal itself. At Bingen, as Kim Olesen wrote, you became a 40km/h speed restriction on the main track from Koblenz in direction Mainz. No change of track, no train that comes from other direction into your path! I looked in the editor in some signals that placed before Bingen, and in one I found the speed-entry 40. The signal has some links positioned to different tracks, numbered as 1, 2, ....and so on (depending how many tracks are controlled by the signal). The 40 km/h is not on the track it should be. I have changed this at my version for myself, after then it worked correctly.
    As I had look further, same thing happend to other signals too, speed entrys that are on the wrong track/path.
    Another thing: in some signals are speed-entrys (mostly if cames to a change of track) that are not similar to the track-speed. It might be ok, when the signal-speed is equal or below track speed, but not if higher. So you think: ok I can drive 60 km/h, but then - BÄÄMM, there is suddenly 50km/h. When luck passes away you stand earlier as you wished because "Zwangsbremse" has happened to you.
    That solves not all signal-problems, but some. However, I think ALL signals should be checked and then corrected where neccessary, there´s too much, where the entrys makes no sense, as to tell exactly where it is faulty.

By the way - some further points to be looking for:
    - some QD have some weird paths too, especially in the area Frankfurt Main Station to Frankfurt-Stadion. (track changes at Niederrad, where no one should be, and I believe in one QD - don´t know anymore which one - you should arrive at Frankfurt HBF, but it is not possible so as it is build).
    - please take a further look at the section between F-Niederrad and Frankfurt HBF: theres a place where you drive through a part of a bridge-bottom that is build on the track beside, and some other points where you can look through bridges and embankment. Some of these are also on the DLC Frankfurt Highspeed and not solved but copied for these DLC!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is not the first time DTG have got signal links wrong
    On the London to Brighton route you get a Signal at Redhill Station with the route indicator showing Position one even though the train goes straight on.

I might get this route now if the only problem is the Signal links

Peter

26. Kim Olesen

Scenerywise it is a good route and i recomend it for that.

• Like Like x 1
  27. martschuffing

Any updates concerning the signals and spurious speed issues with the route?

28. LucasLCC

Unfortunately this product is now past the end of the instantaneous service and maintenance period, and therefore will never be fixed.

29. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I got this route today as a gift from my wife and I have does a few short runs mainly to fix some of the signals
    A good example is Boppard heading south - the track links are wrong with the slow speed run in to the loop showing 100kph and the fast run thru the station showing 40kph because somebody at DTG got the signal placings in the wrong order.

I will keep exploring and see what happens

Peter

30. martschuffing

Yes, it appears a community fix will be the only way to get these issues sorted! DtG.... A disappointment to be sure.

31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I'm doing it myself as I find the problems - giving me something to do :)

32. martschuffing

Will you be releasing it to the community, Peter?

33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Not for a bit Martin, just working down the line bit by bit.
    I need to sort out some of the signals around St Goar which are acting strange.

Fixed a problem of the Distant being on at one of the Boppard stations - the track link was pointing the wrong direction :D

Peter

34. Sun_King_135

Sun_King_135 New Member

I bought the route during Christmas and really like it, as I lived close by.

However, when I start a quick drive at Koblenz, I can travel unaffected until Frankfurt Main Station, if I start in Mainz the train will derail just before MZ Gustavsburg.

Secondly, regional trains from Mainz to Frankfurt use Plattform 2 at the Frankfurt Airport Regional Station, only the commuter trains S8/9 use Plattform 1.
    - is it therefore possible to create quick/free drive scenarios that are differently made for long distance trains via Frankfurt Airport Long Distance Trains (which seems there and completely connected to the remaining route), for regional trains using Plattform 2/3 at Frankfurt Airport Regional Station and S-Bahn/Commuter services via Plattform 1/3 at Frankfurt Airport Regional Station?

Then I wonder why there are no career scenarios for the ICE which runs as AI?

Finally, as others said, please fix abovementioned plus the signaling as this route has a lot of potential - don't waste it. We, will definitely appreciate a fix.

Kind regards.

35. martschuffing

The only fix this route will get will be from the community as DtG have abandoned it.

• Like Like x 1
  36. LucasLCC

Which sadly is why I still haven't purchased this route. I'd love to get it, but not with the bugs.

37. frank351981

It´s very sad DTG releases routes, and does not any fixes to the lots of fails they did in there (execpt they get a great shitstorm as at WCML). So DTG Why? Would be beneficial to the company's reputation if you do some bugfixes. And Frankfurt - Koblenz needs that. And if you need help, you can contact some in the german rail-sim forum. I´m sure there some guys who can made some helpful tips for example for signalisation and safety system as PZB, because some are raildrivers in real

38. martschuffing

Because they know the German community will fix it most likely and that is lazy.

39. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Some of the problems are the Signal Links are set wrong and it would be a quick job to fix them for DTG.

40. Kim Olesen

I wonder what’s causing some of the signals to have all lights on? That certainly something i’ve never seen before. I really really wish they’d enlist the help of someone like Maik Goltsch to make their German signal script better. Faulty signalisation is just a turnoff.

41. LucasLCC

As it has been a fair few months since you passed this to the team some more news would be appreciated. DTG is still selling a faulty product, and fixes are very much needed.

• Like Like x 1
  42. martschuffing

It would be good if they did fix their errors but I'm not holding my breath.

43. Sun_King_135

Sun_King_135 New Member

I'm considering to elect against further purchases until this, route is fixed. Love this route and traveled it quite often, but it's near impossible as of now.

Kind regards.

44. martschuffing

You can if you wish but I doubt it will have any effect on DtG at all, you would then only be hurting yourself imo.

45. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

46. martschuffing

Noice. Not so nice, he's gone and changed all the track audio to the tunnel one!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  47. maxipolo12

Are the problems still here after some months ?
    When I see recent reviews on Steam, I m a bit scared ...

130 km - new train and 30% off I would like test but not if it is full bugged.

PS: i love the silent from DTG.
    Without the community and modding this game would be already in the dark of internet ...

48. Tigert1966

I still don’t recommend this route. The signalling and speed limits are still broken and there are still missing assets such as gaps in the world after a tunnel mouth. Until DTG officially confirm they will fix it (unlikely). I’d say don’t buy it and if you use PZB, then definitely stay well away.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  49. maxipolo12

ok -
    I wrote a message in rail sim de where they made a patch.
    I´ve aksed if it is better and playable with the patch

50. LucasLCC

The issues are still there, and it's the exact reason I haven't picked up the route even on sale. I can't justify so much on something with so many bugs