PC Q249 - Autotrack - Baltimore To Cornellsville

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by shackcat, Aug 31, 2020.

1. shackcat

shackcat New Member

The game cuts engine power '0' Amps for no logic reason, by chance I saved at such an occurance and just before the next occurance. This is the 3rd such bug in this scenario, I was playing this scenario for the 2nd time as I could not work out how I was down to 10mph and yet had not touched the throttle.

At 44yd from Go via Location: Hyndam, Loco is at Throttle 8 , 711 Amps.
    20200831105021_1.jpg

On objective completed 01:05: 03, Loco is at Throttle 8 , 429 Amps.
    20200831105021_1.jpg

On objective completed time 01:05:03, Loco is at Throttle 8 , 0 Amps.
    20200831105028_1.jpg

Game returns power but it keeps fluctuating and loco ends up at 10mph. I stopped playing, please say when this is fixed.

Attached Files:

2. Rush

Rush Member

It’s not a bug. It’s called Field Divert and is something the loco does to increase it’s power when the throttle is already maxed out. Someone else posted about this the other day here -
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/amps-occasionally-drop-to-0.26346/#post-169027

See the link Rob39 shared for an explanation on how it works.

Update: Also just want to add that if you’re struggling you may not have the locos set up properly for MU operation. Not sure the setup for that service, but just in case

As MU Lead
    Engine Run: ON
    Generator Field: ON
    Control & Fuel Pump: ON
    Cut-off Valve: FREIGHT
    MU-2A Valve: LEAD OR DEAD

As MU Trail
    Power and Full Brakes
    Engine Run: OFF
    Generator Field: OFF
    Control & Fuel Pump: OFF
    Brake Cut-off Valve: CUT-OUT
    MU-2A Valve: TRAIL 6 OR 26

Distributed Power
    Use if you have locos not directly connected

Front Pair
    Lead Unit: Set up as Lead and ensure the radio fuse is on and turn banking comm ON
    Trailing Unit: Set up as Trail

Rear Pair
    Lead Unit: Set up as Lead and ensure the radio fuse is on
    Trailing Unit: Set up as Trail

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. shackcat

shackcat New Member

Thanks alot for the info, i have learnt something new.

I do not think Field Divert is the issue here, the Loco had been running for awhile with no issue, on trigger point, lost power and then went from 25mph down to 10mph, this was the 3rd time this happend ingame, if this was field divert then having it engaged on a climb and loosing 15mph is just idiotic.

I have had Field Divert engage on Q358, pick up spped, no issues.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  4. Rush

Rush Member

I see what you mean haha... I just checked out this service (I chose SD40-2 since that what it looked like you were using in your picture) and I think what the ultimate issue is, is that it’s just a terribly an underpowered train lol. 2 SD40-2’s for 50 auto racks and no helper to go up the steepest side of sand patch. When I hit hyndman I was cruising at around 30, immediately after I slowed all the way down to 10 mph as that’s where the gradient increases quite a bit and was doing that the rest of the way. It’s ultimately just severely underpowered.

• Like Like x 1