About Physics, Trains And Routes.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Sep 7, 2020.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I love the changes to the game physics, but I do not fully understand where the limits of my joy are :D

From this thread:
    So... TSW2 route + TSW2 train = full variable adhesion, right?

But, what's about some other combinations e.g a TSW2 loco on a preserved route?
    The New Adhesion Physics belongs to a loco / train, to a route or needs both-to-be-non-preserved?

• Like Like x 3
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s a difficult one to pin down. Even that quote is wrong because you can use the immersion controls on preserved routes.

Back to adhesion, Matt and/or Sam said on a live stream that the preserved content has been updated to work with the variable adhesion system but it doesn’t have full variable adhesion implemented. I can’t work out exactly what that means for preserved trains on TSW2 routes or TSW2 trains on preserved routes.

You’re right with TSW2 trains on TSW2 routes having full variable adhesion and I would suspect that preserved trains on preserved routes have no variable adhesion at all, but I’ve not tested that theory because I haven’t been driving the preserved content much.

I’d like to know exactly what has been changed on each train with regards to adhesion behaviour. I suppose I could just wait and find out whenever I drive the preserved content, once it’s all released and installed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think DTG need the clarify simply, without all the fancy marketing terms and things, on the following things within TSW 2 using preserved content:

- How does adhesion work on TSW 1 preserved trains?
    - How does adhesion work on TSW 1 preserved routes?
    - How does adhesion work with a TSW 1 preserved train on a new TSW 2 route?
    - How does adhesion work with a new TSW 2 train using a TSW 1 preserved route?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Adhesion physics have been changed to not break under the new system, but the end user should not notice any difference.
    Routes are not a factor with regards to variable adhesion.
    "
    TSW 2 trains will use their variable adhesion feature on any route, because routes do not factor in to whether variable adhesion works or not. It is entirely dependent on the train.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

To sum up: everywhere, as long as on a new train (?). Copy that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

If you drive the DB425 on the preserved route in a blizzard you will go sliding for miles.

• Like Like x 2
  7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering my questions.

Overall I feel like the whole adhesion system feels half done. Especially when it comes to sounds - they'll literally cut out like you've paused a video, and then cut in again after you resume the video. It really doesn't work like that. There's no contingency between physics and sounds in TSW when it comes to wheelslip.

It was mentioned in the past that wheelslip sounds are done via software, rather than getting actual recordings. Which is probably why the sounds sound so poor and off. But that can be said for many things in TSW, not just the wheelslip.

• Like Like x 3