How To Change Weather In Scenario Planner Easy

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by GoldenTicket420, Sep 23, 2020.

1. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone G T here.I found out how to change weather for scenario planner by accident.Well i hope this helps,i made a video for it please read the description!Thank you cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 20
    • Like Like x 8
  2. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

well spotted,works for me hated playing in summer clear all the time>

• Like Like x 3
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Ah thought you had found a new way to do it automatically. Yes, this is the only way at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot! I will include your tip and a link in the next version of the Scenario Planner Guide.Of course you get full credit for that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Stickying this thread as it's very helpful.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Well this doesn’t work for me. Maybe they “fixed” it, but it just defaults to spring clear when I exit Explore. I followed your directions exactly. But yes, since this is technically a big, I’ll bet you they patched it and now you can’t change your weather.

• Like Like x 3
  7. GoldenTicket420

You can change wetness clouds spring and summer or however you want your scenario to look like. The only two that do not work is autumn and winter because I think the scenarios are locked or preset to warm temperatures. I normally play with the clouds and rain for most scenarios because it helps with Ray tracing a lot and loads it looks a lot more realistic. So far to my knowledge it's been working just fine but I will double check when I go on later but I have not gotten any other complaints until now

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Ah, okay, I was trying to do autumn. I didn’t know that didn’t work. Hopefully this will be added as a function when the scenario designer is updated.

• Like Like x 2
  9. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

First time lucky?

Not really used Scenario Planner much until now. But now it's available on Preserved Collection I HAD to take the Class 33 out for some mainline thrash! And went back to her home territory...

But a trip to the seaside wouldn't be complete without water (full-on Autumn rain). Train Sim World® 2-c0ca683e-6408-413d-ad66-2bd70e8ef292.png

• Like Like x 4
  10. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Then again...

This might be spring or summer rain (although Autumn had been selected) as I later tried setting the start time around sunset/twilight and progessed to 19:30 and there was still some daylight?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy Member

Unfortunally this is still the only way to do this, but it doesn't always work flawless. If you want autumn/rainy settings it usually works, but if you want winter/snowy settings it changes itself back to spring/sunny within seconds after starting the scenario. Time for DTG to fix this, can't be that hard to do I imagine

• Like Like x 3
  12. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

Yea, i have noticed the same thing, I went to do the winter Snow and it was raining 5 seconds into my custom scenario

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

Thanks ! I didn't know how to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Winter always ends up having the snow melt away.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Has anyone else set the weather to WINTER on Arosalinie and then used Scenario Planner?

The snow doesn't melt!

Although the Scenario Planner daylight time seems to still be aligned with Summer and therefore the expected temperature would be around +8 degrees Celsius the weather remains as set by the player. I took a screenshot with the HUD present to show a service a minute after initial start at 04:00.
    a5df3d35-30f7-4697-8914-96bcf9b7e5be.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. focalpro1

focalpro1 Member

Why video? To catch subscribers? All you need to say is that change weather in Timetable- mode and do scenario plan after it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this still works on 4.26. many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Partly it does, you can cet the weather to windy, foggy and rainy, but the date is set to the actual rl date. If you would set up a blizzard like depicted in the Video, it will be right now a hard summer rainstorm, because the scenario planner will set the date of the scenario to 21st August 2021, if you want to play your scenario in a blizzard, you'll have to wait untill December/January

20. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I think you will find it doesn’t matter what month is showing in the scenario it will always be Summer time, I tested this by changing my PS4 console time date manually to show December and then re opened TSW2 loaded a scenario I built for ECW and low and behold the ‘month’ showed as December but the Season was Summer in game all trees were fully green and the sun was high in the sky at 8am.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Wow. Thanks. Now I can make a Christmas theme to go with my winter train.

• Like Like x 1
  22. photonmonkey

Sorry to disappoint but I think you will find that it doesn't matter what month is showing you will not be able to get snow, as the seasons are still defaulted to the warmer months in Scenario Planner. I tested this by changing the month on my PS4 settings to December and in game it showed the correct month but the actual in game season was Summer/Autumn time. Unless of course you are on PC as it might be different cannot vouch for the PC version of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I found this out the other day when all my snow melted shortly after starting a Scenario Planner service. It was like I was robbed of my winter wonderland.

• Like Like x 2
  24. GoldenTicket420

I'm happy to announce and confirm the scenario planner weather now works. Did a lot of testing on a few routes and it seems to be somewhat stable, although not entirely sure how or why it started to work as it should have before. My guess is maybe a core problem was resolved or Maybe it could be due to done fixing Dynamic weather that then made it to work?

I made a scenario on sand grade patch taking place in December a light precipitation.

25. photonmonkey

Yes, quite correct, just had a snowy rail-tour on BML with a class 47 and the snow didn't melt :D

• Like Like x 1
  26. GoldenTicket420

Update 9/ 2/ 2022
    Hi guys GT here again with a how to change the weather in scenario planner for Train Sim World 3. I found this very important to make just because of the new UI and the newer players coming into the game. There's nothing different in terms how to change the weather but again this is for anyone new starting train Sim World 3 for the first time! I hope this video helps cheers

• Like Like x 3
  27. glendathu

glendathu Member

I was a bit puzzled when I saw the video, because the option to change weather is missing in the Scenario Creator. But when I saw the German description on the Youtube site, I finally got it. So the essence is:

1.Go to training center, then to "Explore on foot"
    2. Select the weather you like
    2. Quit to main menu
    3. Select Scenario Creator and play your route with the selected weather. The time you selected when you created the route will be overwritten !

This weather setting will be erased again when you quit TSW3 !

It would be nice if the option of changing the weather would be integrated in the Scenario Creator !

And thanks to GT2 for sharing your discovery !!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1