[potential Signalling Bug] Weird Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr Section.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FD1003, Oct 10, 2020.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Coming from Bochum, on the approach to Essen Hbf coming from the north section (the fast one used by the DoStos and the 425), about 1.5km out you get a speed restriction by the two signals before the stations, which enforce a new max speed of 100 km/h approaching the station.

The problem is that this speed seems a bit too high considering the upcoming junctions and curves the train has to go trought before getting to the station.

Now, the reason of this post is not to bring a bug to the attention of the developers, that's why it's in XBOX discussions and not Technical Reports, I just want to know from someone who knows the signalling system better than me and possibly that area in particular if the signals behave correctly. I would expect to receive a 40 or 60 km/h speed restriction there, rather than 100 km/h, but I am not sure it's like that in real life, maybe the drivers just know they need to slow down more. But similar sections to this one are guarded by a 40 or 60 km/h speed restriction in other german routes, so what's going on?

Or maybe 100 km/h is fine and the camera sway is over the top making it feel more extreme than what it actually is let me know.

If someone confirms this is actually a bug or I don't get any response I will write a more accurate version in Technical Reports

Thank you very much for reading and helping me out

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I think you‘re right. According to this map (great resource btw): C27ACE9C-15DA-4FA8-AD10-49290F03E102.jpeg
    You‘re on the track allowed 140 and the diverging switch has a speed limit of 60.
    I think I know why the game doesn‘t enforce this though: If I‘m reading the map correctly by the time you‘re done with all of the switches, you‘re back on your original track that was allowed 140 and is now allowed 100. Because of this, the game gets confused and doesn‘t realise that you‘re going over switches and you need to slow down. Just my 2 cents how this mistake happens but you are right that the speed limit should be 60 (if the map is correct; I checked the tracks I‘m on a lot and they were all correct so I have faith in the information on it).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yep 60 seems about right thank you very much, I'll wait a bit longer than I'll post it under Technical Reports, just to be clear can I use your picture?

I had no idea such apps existed.

Thank you very much for responding

4. Lamplight

Perfectly fine with it (not my work after all; I just took the screenshot;)). Glad I could help you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Godlike! Superb info about THAT site o7

6. Lamplight

Discovered the site a few months ago. Also has information on placement and type of signals etc. Very useful resource all around if you‘re trying to get more familiar with the real tracks.

7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

There isn't a problem. The track speed is ok. Just checked again. There are some switch that can be done up to 140kmh (like one in MSB for exemple) this is because there are 2 type of swithch. A normal switch (up to 80 in italy) that the train use to change to track 1 to 2 for exemple and there are the "change direction switch" that normally split your current trakck in 2 different direction (up to 150/160 in italy). The one that you do in the HRR dlc is the second type. Seems that you are doing a switch but you still be on the same track so your speed is the same (100 in this case). The ones the the other guys show you that you need to do at 60 is a nornal switch and it is placed before this one and you will do it if the train needs to go to the bay track. You can check better if you do again the route.

• Like Like x 2
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That switch is limited to 60 km/h as well if we believe that app to be correct. More details in the post I linked above now in Technical Problems

• Like Like x 2