Major Graphics Problems

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cwright5, Oct 5, 2020.

1. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

Hi i have built a computer gigabye aorus x570 master board, ryzan 7 3700x cpu, 32 gig ddr 3600mhz ram,
    2 tb aorus gen 4 ssd , gigabtye amd radeon rx 5600 xt gaming oc 6g graphics card
    2 main problems.
    1/ in Train Sim World i keep getting unreal engine errors i have back dated drivers still happens
    2/ in Train simulator 2020 out of the blue i get a screeching noise then blank screen and computer resets.
    both problems happen at random and i could go hours without it happening or sometimes just a couple of minutes
    i have downgraded graphics settings and also cleared cashe. with the same result.
    i have numerous other games mostly f1 simulator and other race games with no problems.
    i would just like to know are people having the same problems in bot h games.
    is it just a AMD problem or are people with nvidea cards having the same problems

2. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

3. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

4. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

cwright5, feels like i am looking in a mirror,
    I bought a £1,500 new computer, i7, Nvidia 2070 super graphics card, ssd drives. Imagine my frustration when i started to get random blue screens of death, pointing to memory management, also TSW2 and TSW 1 and to a lesser extent TS2021 crashing to the desktop with an unreal engine message. Like you I could play for an hour with no problem the have 2 crashes in 30 mins. Went through hours of checks from the computer supplier and nothing was found.

I was starting the game from the TSW2 folder with the file TSW2 prototype which sounds strange so this is what i tried, you could try it whilst you are waiting for a reply to your ticket.

1. Installed the earliest driver for my Nvidia 2070 card that was available 446.14
    2. Turned off the sharing/record overlay in Gforce Experience
    3. instead of starting the game from the folder, started it from Steam.

I know that i have a different graphics card, but i suspect it is the driver that is causing the problem.

Since making the above changes I have driven about 10 hours without a crash.

Please could you post the reply you get from the ticket as it could help others.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  5. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

still have had no reply

6. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Speaking as a former customer relations man,"That is sad"

Mike