1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Graphics Problems

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cwright5, Oct 5, 2020.

1. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

Hi i have built a computer gigabye aorus x570 master board, ryzan 7 3700x cpu, 32 gig ddr 3600mhz ram,
    2 tb aorus gen 4 ssd , gigabtye amd radeon rx 5600 xt gaming oc 6g graphics card
    2 main problems.
    1/ in Train Sim World i keep getting unreal engine errors i have back dated drivers still happens
    2/ in Train simulator 2020 out of the blue i get a screeching noise then blank screen and computer resets.
    both problems happen at random and i could go hours without it happening or sometimes just a couple of minutes
    i have downgraded graphics settings and also cleared cashe. with the same result.
    i have numerous other games mostly f1 simulator and other race games with no problems.
    i would just like to know are people having the same problems in bot h games.
    is it just a AMD problem or are people with nvidea cards having the same problems

2. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

3. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

4. michael hooley

michael hooley Active Member

cwright5, feels like i am looking in a mirror,
    I bought a £1,500 new computer, i7, Nvidia 2070 super graphics card, ssd drives. Imagine my frustration when i started to get random blue screens of death, pointing to memory management, also TSW2 and TSW 1 and to a lesser extent TS2021 crashing to the desktop with an unreal engine message. Like you I could play for an hour with no problem the have 2 crashes in 30 mins. Went through hours of checks from the computer supplier and nothing was found.

I was starting the game from the TSW2 folder with the file TSW2 prototype which sounds strange so this is what i tried, you could try it whilst you are waiting for a reply to your ticket.

1. Installed the earliest driver for my Nvidia 2070 card that was available 446.14
    2. Turned off the sharing/record overlay in Gforce Experience
    3. instead of starting the game from the folder, started it from Steam.

I know that i have a different graphics card, but i suspect it is the driver that is causing the problem.

Since making the above changes I have driven about 10 hours without a crash.

Please could you post the reply you get from the ticket as it could help others.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  5. cwright5

cwright5 New Member

still have had no reply

6. michael hooley

michael hooley Active Member

Speaking as a former customer relations man,"That is sad"

Mike