Preserved And Beyond! What Comes After.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to make this thread just to share a little insight to why we haven’t seen a lot of smaller bug fixes for TSW2. On the October 20th Munich-Augsburg gameplay preview stream Sam was asked if “Once the preserved collection is completed will we start to see a lot more of these aspirations they have on the roadmap?”. The short answer is that we will start seeing a lot of bug fixes and upgrades for content already out. He also had said it frees up the people who are working on the Preserved collection to move on the bigger things. I also have attached a genuine quote from our (pretty awesome) TSW2 community manager that has a little more insight on the subject I mostly wanted to share this information so that it may be helpful to someone who doesn’t know or thought about why we haven’t received some of the smaller bug fixes or updates to TSW2. I say to you all. There have been a lot of bumps on the way here, but I think everyone here knows that DTG have been putting an honest effort into making this a better place for the whole community. I really think we need to do our part and be critical but we need to do it in a more positive fashion and we need to try to think positively about what the next year ofTSW2 has in store for us. No matter ouropinions, we ALL enjoy TSW2 and ALL wantto see TSW2 succeed.

Link to original thread—https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dtg-communication-and-transparency.28797/#post-192246

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I'm personally hoping that bugs can be fixed a lot more quickly, especially some of the sound bugs that have appeared on Preserved Collection routes and also the other bugs that have come about after routes have been moved over to TSW2 such as the class 377 braking performance issues.

After these bugs have been resolved, I'm looking forward to what the team working previously working on preserved collection puts their time towards, such as them potentially working on new features new routes or locos. This could lead to some serious development of the game, making it better and better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I'm personally more or less fine with this. First they import the preserved collection routes into the game and then they start fixing them properly. I do hope this happens and the people to do it won't be re-allocated onto different projects (more new routes, etc). Both the preserved routes and the game as a whole need a lot of fixing and I hope the team will take their time to actually do it. This sim is too good (and also one of a kind on consoles) to be bogged down by numerous bugs. It deserves to be polished up and I have no problem waiting for it to happen, as long as it really happens.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Locking this as there are duplicate threads. Keeping this one open for further discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.