Tsw Route Proposal - The Nottingham Express Transit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItzRocky, Nov 24, 2018.

1. ItzRocky

ItzRocky New Member

I am fully aware this isn't in TS but that doesn't mean it can't be in TSW.

The Nottingham Express Transit is a 32 kilometre long (20 miles) tramway/light rail in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, UK which opened on the 9th March 2004 and a second phase which opened on the 25th August 2015 doubling the network length to 64 kilometres/40 miles with 50 stops. In this I'll talk about the route and trains if it comes to TSW.

Route
    The network is 40 miles with 2 routes. The Green Route from Hucknall to Toton Lane and the Purple Route from Phoenix Park to Clifton South. The route is also shared past Wilkinson Street with the National Rail Network up to Hucknall. Some parts are single lined but not for long, these are mainly found past Bulwell as well as the Phoenix Park branch. The Green route is mainly used the most as it connects major districts/towns in the city such as Beeston/Bulwell/Chilwell. The Queens Medical Centre is the only hospital in the UK to be linked with a tramway or metro system. [​IMG]

Below is a video with a drivers view on the route between The Forest and Royal Centre stops, it gives a metro or stopping service feeling to some people which really want to see in TSW

Route Landmarks
    Here are some landmarks I want to see in this route.

Ningbo Friendship Bridge - This bridge at Queens Medical Centre stop brings the tram over the A36 to the the other side for University of Nottingham stop. [​IMG]

Hucknall - The Northern terminus of the network and a national rail station. Not much to say but here is a photo [​IMG]

Wilkinson Street Control Centre and Depot - The main signalling centre and depot where all trams are stored. I call this the "home" of the trams [​IMG]

Trams and Trains
    What do we want to see in this route pack?

Bombardier Incentro AT6/5 - This tram was the first tram to enter service on the NET in 2004. It was built in between 2002-2003 while the network was being built. In December 2012, NET announced that the fleet would be refurbished and receive a new livery and interior. The first to be refurbished was tram 215, which was released for passenger service on 8 March 2013. Trams 214, 213, 205, 202, 203 have since been refurbished.
    [​IMG]

Alstom Citadis 302 - This tram was new tram of the fleet for NET built between 2013-2014 and entered service in 2014. [​IMG]

BR Class 156 and 158 - These are mainly seen across NET past Wilkinson Street and could be used as AI [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thats it tbf, If these are added, that would be great!

Ryan - Rocky

• Like Like x 9
  2. georgedonely4

georgedonely4 New Member

This is a great idea and would be great in game

• Like Like x 4
  3. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I think this would be interesting as similar to DLR, Manchester Metrolink and Croydon Tramlink it uses former Heavy Rail routes repurposed for Light Rail. Thus it combines something old in a new guise.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

Good evening im fully supporting this also have a pic from hucknal 20200917_170740.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. jack.a.varley04

I think it would be better tbh the route is quite interesting in how you go from the older city streets around Old Market Square to brand new modern industrial estates like ng2

• Like Like x 1
  6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Would love to see this, spent a lot of time in Hucknall as my Mrs is from there. Never been on the tram though, funnily enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jack.a.varley04

Give it ago honestly every time I go on them I want it in tsw more

8. jack.a.varley04

Just saying this and the robin hood line are the two things I dream to be in tsw

• Like Like x 1
  9. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I think that there are far better options if putting Nottingham into the game than the Net, there is also the fact that we as have yet to have a tram in the game.

Personally I hope we never get trams in the game as they are outdated technology.

10. jack.a.varley04

I think a tram is something diffrent the only thing that hasn't been done in train simulator is the trams and the robin hood line

11. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

That maybe true but there there is a lack of long distance high speed British routes right now, we only have GWE from preserved which is coming and is highly anticipated. I know this is going to cause friction but there is a lack of British routes , the Bakerloo line is ok to do a full stopping service once but has no replay ability to it.

East coastway is nice however the slow lewes kills the pacing and it's one of the shorter routes, WSR and IOW are both fun but I find the slow speeds a put off.

Not going to lie I havnt played Tees valley so cant share an opinion and finally Trans Pennine is a great challenge commuter route with good distance and lots of different sections however it doesn't fit the high speed satisfaction even if it's the best route there is.

Looking at Germany there is already 2 high speed ICE routes. I know they work hard to satisfy everyone and its impossible to do so however for a east Midlands service I think we would be better off with Nottingham to Skegness which could have the special HST summer Saturday service although I think they would have to do the Express routing skipping Grantham unless they can work the service mode to allow the reversing of the service.

I think the best British service they could add for high speed lovers is Peterborough to York, they could start it with HST and intercity 225 class 91 mk4 sets and gives the opportunity to add lots more like the Deltics which use to run here, plus they can add sets such as the class 800 and 180 as DLC for the line in future.

12. jack.a.varley04

I do agree that we need more high speed such as the east coast main line but we haven't got anything like this on any simulator the NET and robin hood line are never tried

13. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

That's true, I guess I make my opinion on it being a game as well about my hobby of trains and I agree the Robin hood line as A.I next to the net would be different and new, of course the Robin hood line would also be different in a good way.

I just worry these lines are to small and maybe not enough people would buy however if they did add them I would buy them as they are very local to me and would be interesting in that sense.

After all the careful thought and consideration I think that I support the idea

• Like Like x 1
  14. jack.a.varley04

Trust me the full net takes 2 hours to go over and its top speed is 80 km robin hood line has a top speed of 60 and takes the same I think they would work but it would probably be one or the other

• Like Like x 2
  15. jack.a.varley04

Just interested would you rather see the robin hood line or the net

16. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

From personal choice I would say the Robin hood line rather than the Net personally, it's not to long so they could do the ful route to workshop, although Mansfield woodhouse is only about 15miles by road so maybe about 0 by rail not sure

17. jack.a.varley04

True if they set it in 2015 coal trains from thorsby colliery could also be a thing traveling up to Nottingham

• Like Like x 1
  18. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Yeah the coal trains which sadly no longer run would be amazing to drive especially as the class 66 is brilliant and a favourite of many I'm sure, would love if they put all units I though but I doubt it.

Since reopening there has been class 153/156/158 which are common every day but when it was central trains years ago they would on rare occasions run a class 170 on the line

But I got to far they would never put all of those in with such a small route

• Like Like x 1
  19. jack.a.varley04

Well it should not be hard to edit the doors of a class 156 to open outwards and have a cab on each end to make a class 153

• Like Like x 1
  20. callum.horrey15

callum.horrey15 New Member

Yes just not just for Nottingham but for the place I live in Nottingham

21. jack.a.varley04

That makes no sense

22. callum.horrey15

callum.horrey15 New Member

I meant to reply to your suggestion

23. jack.a.varley04

Ah ok its just you replied to the wrong post it confused me

24. jack.a.varley04

I wouldn't put the class 158 in the net route

25. jack.a.varley04

Do you think hucknall to Toton Lane would be good or the hole network

26. jack.a.varley04

Thought you may be interested the robin hood line has its own post now

• Like Like x 1
  27. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I’m 110% supportive of this not only is it local to me but it’s high time we had some Midlands action in a tsw game so it’s time for DTG to put there money where there mouth is and get this out there plus there is the added benefits of the passing loops on the network also again they did bakerloo line so this shouldn’t be hard to realise and get out there