PlayStation Tsw2 - Osd - Scenario Equipment Move Bugged

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by OnlyMe1909, Oct 25, 2020.

1. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

After uncoupling the extra loco in Aldershot Yard, you are to continue your journey north, but I got stuck on a red signal at the exit of Aldershot Yard. Checked the map, there were no trains on my path whatsoever.

2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Did you contact the signaller? I'd try that first, but if he tells you there's no route available then it has to be considered a (new) bug.

3. OnlyMe1909

Yes, I did. Denied, wait for signal to change...
    Also tried to save and reload, but also no avail

4. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Saving and loading can be weird and I have had it cause issues itself. My recommendation would be to try the scenario from the beginning and try to run it clean. This solved many issues for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OnlyMe1909

I only saved the game after I encountered the bugged red signal.
    Anyway, just played the scenario again. This time everything worked as it should. Go figure :)

6. andyconybeare12

andyconybeare12 New Member

This is happening to me as well. The signal is just staying on red is there a switch that you actually need to find to change the point? I am currently 5 yards from the red signal I have contacted the controller and it saying “Denied wait for signal to change”. This was 10 minutes ago and still no change I am playing the preserved collection on TSW 2 PS4

7. SeventeenF

SeventeenF Active Member

I have the same problem. Except it's on PC. And the red signal says "Denied. Train in section ahead." instead of "Denied. Wait for the signal to change." ...the section ahead is a dead end. There are no trains within it.

8. MrLexx2k

MrLexx2k New Member

Same issue here, tried already 5 times, always the same result. It sucks, because this is one of the more fun tasks in this DLC, where you aren't just going a straight line.

9. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

10. MrLexx2k

MrLexx2k New Member

The thing is, there are two scenarios. One where you use the GP9 (where you also have to wait outside the train forever until another train picks up the broken engine), and one with the SD38. The GP9 scenario works fine, no issues. The SD38 is where the problem is. This prevents to finish the last few rail journey tasks, since you have to do them in a set order.

Had high hopes the recent update would have fixed it, but oh well.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Since, we're going large on the necropost - I too have twice encountered this bug on TSW3/PS5 - "Denied. Train in section ahead" when the section ahead is quite clearly an empty dead-end in which there is definitely no other train. So not only is this scenario impossible to complete, that also means the "OSD: All in a Day's Work" trophy is impossible to unlock.

Over two years later and we're still unable to follow the instructions the game is giving us because of stupid glitches.

Train Sim World 3_20230309213354.jpg Train Sim World 3_20230309215043.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

This is just permanently broken on all platforms. There's multiple posts about it (I even created one or two now) with the evidence as to why it is broken, but no change. And all it is is a defective switch position on an automated switch.
    I have given up on a fix and have just resigned myself to never finishing it. It's obviously not important to the upper echelon.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023