No Adjustable Fov / Ultrawide Support

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Daniel Bloch, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Hi,

i have a 34" 21:9 ultrawide screen and you guys really need to add an adjustable FOV.... with a 16:9 at full HD you see way more from the cab then on a 3440x1440 21:9 screen. It should be the opposite!!

Here are some screens to compare it, its the standard view after spawning in the class 166.

16:9 @ 1920x1080:
    [​IMG]

21:9 @ 3440x1440 ultrawide:
    [​IMG]

:-/

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Had a few people raise this and we are looking into what we can do.

Stay tuned!

- Jay

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Buck Norris

Buck Norris New Member

Before we get a proper solution for ultrawide screens, you can modify the following files:

.....\Documents\my games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\engine.ini

[/Script/Engine.LocalPlayer]
    AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

to get wider horizontal FOV, without sacrificing the vertical FOV compared to 16:9 aspect ratio

and

.....\Documents\my games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\input.ini:

AxisMappings=(AxisName="Camera_Zoom",Key=MouseWheelAxis,Scale=-0.020000)

to add more intermediate steps for the mouse wheel zoom than the 2-3 provided by default.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Bloch

Thx for that tipp Buck Norris, but with that I get a strange fisheye vision. I think we have to wait until DTG fixes it. :|

5. Buck Norris

Buck Norris New Member

...that's why you modify the second file and zoom back in with the mouse wheel to get the FOV you feel is best for you.
    With the default zoom stepping, even one notch of zoom in would be negating the bigger FOV.
    The only downside with the zoom in method is that you need to re-zoom every time you change the view e.g. inside->outside->inside.

6. wingo44

wingo44 New Member

could someone tell me the original values of the imput.ini? I forgot to write them down ....

7. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

Original value
    AxisMappings=(AxisName="Camera_Zoom",Key=MouseWheelAxis,Scale=-0.20000)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. wingo44

wingo44 New Member

thanks Dominik!!

9. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Did this work before i try it? Can zoom back more?

10. Ian1991

I opened that file and its empty?

11. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

yes but still write it in and it will work

12. Ian1991

Ohh ok thanks will give it a go now

13. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

A bit of a heads-up: in this stream there was a mention that 21:9 and even wider configs should have been fixed in this patch and should be natively supported now. Can't check this myself as am quite far from my gaming PC for now.

14. Daniel Bloch

Yes it looks like it finaly got fixed. Here how it looks before and now on my 21:9 screen, you see now way more on the left and right:

before NEC:
    [​IMG]

with NEC:
    [​IMG]

15. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Yes, it is now playable on 3 monitors (5760x1200 or 3x 1920x1200) for me. I have to use nVidia Surround mode of course, and either windowed or full screen windowed in TSW. Can't use full screen (non-windowed) (edit: fixed). In non-windowed full screen, for me, it pops back out to my desktop, and if I ALT-Tab back to TSW, it pops back to desktop again (edit: turns out this is due to the Multi-Taskbar feature of DisplayFusion which I use to manage multi-monitor configs - all is OK with TSW if I disable this). Can't use bezel correction in these modes either, just standard resolution (edit: in full screen mode, I am able to use bezel correction). But, the FOV is now correct for wider than average monitors. Yey!

But of course the UI elements are spread across the entire 3 screens (everything on the far left or far right). So menus span across all 3 screens instead of being centered or concentrated on the center screen, and HUD elements are at the far reaches of the left and right screen. It would be nice if TSW had settings to move these elements around (ideally), or would concentrate or center them on the center monitor for multi-monitor situations. This is always the bane of multi-monitor gaming.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  16. josh_the_tech

josh_the_tech Active Member

When I do this, my input.ini get's overwritten to a blank file. I guess I'm doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated as I'd like extra zoom options.

17. Buck Norris

Buck Norris New Member

I currently have AxisMappings=(AxisName="Camera_Zoom",Key=MouseWheelAxis,Scale=-0.010000)
    in .....\Documents\my games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\input.ini without any problems.

Did you just change the numerical value (Scale=-0.020000) on the existing entry of AxisName="Camera_Zoom" in the file?
    If you added the whole line as a duplicate, the game could consider the file corrupted and "reset" it?

18. josh_the_tech

josh_the_tech Active Member

Sorry for the delay in replying! The file is actually empty for me, which based on what you've mentioned, suggests there's something weird going on! Is it supposed to have content?

19. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

Tried the line

AxisMappings=(AxisName="Camera_Zoom",Key=MouseWheelAxis,Scale=-0.020000)

to get a finer zoom stepping. While this works, I´m no longer able to look around via the mouse, the cab view is now fixed. Is there any workaround?

20. SASq

SASq New Member

to avoid the file "Input.ini" to be clear .. just make it READ ONLY from file properties :)

[/script/engine.inputsettings]
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="MouseX",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.000000,Sensitivity=0.03,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="MouseY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.000000,Sensitivity=0.03,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="MouseWheelAxis",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.000000,Sensitivity=0.05,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
    --------------------------
    1 line control the mouse move X ... Sensitivity is what you can change here to make move more or less
    2 line control the mouse move Y ... Sensitivity is what you can change here to make move more or less
    3 line control the Camera zoom and remove the 2 step by default ... Sensitivity is what you can change here to make zoom fast or slower

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1