Amtrak/prr Metroliners Emu (with Inclusion Of The Push-pull Cab Car.. Again)

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by rare_common_sense, Feb 20, 2018.

1. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

So, here, as the title implies I introduce to you (DTG) the locos presented. This is a very simple straightforward article of the EMU/consist that traverse the Northeast Corridor up until the introduction of the more successful Acela service/equipment, mainly replacing the Metroliner EMU's. Anyone can correct me, or give more informative insight of this. But I think that these would be very interesting to have in train simulator. Of course, thoughts are always welcomed.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the photos in this article, as they belong to their respective owners..

Here in the first photo the PRR Metroliner.
    ptj-metroliners-3.jpg
    Second Photo is the Amtrak Budd Metroliner, which is slightly but very noticeable difference.
    2851.1106533320.jpg
    Third we have the Amtrak cab car, which looks to be in a push-pull situation. In one of it's more recent liveries.
    Amtrak-metroliner.jpg
    And of course, the most prominent and recent of the bunch. The Amtrak Keystone Cab car. Which even without the Keystone, would still be a very welcomed addition to the TS catalog for Amtraks Push-Pull operations, as it is very much put in use all throughout the Northeast Corridor. 2012-02-28_011cbinstant.jpg
    And the Budd version, of the Keystone Cab Car, which also would be very welcomed to the TS Amtrak fleet. 9828wilm.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. JessicaKasumi

JessicaKasumi Member

The Metroliner would be really nice, especially if you have the Keystone Corridor in TS. Then you can run a Keystone Services authentically. Between New York Penn and Philadelphia's 30th Street, the Metroliner cab control car usually pulls the train, the ACS-64 (or AEM-7 in the past) pulled it to Harrisburg, and then turned at the wye near Harrisburg, so the ACS-64 (AEM-7 in the past) could pull it back to Philadelphia, and then the Metroliner pull it back to NYP. The pre-cab car days would go great as part of an early Amtrak DLC or a combined Early Amtrak/Conrail DLC, with Conrail and Amtrak equipment for the Northeast Corridor, both New York to New Haven, and New York - Philadelphia and the cab car variant perfect for a Keystone Corridor route that might go to New York Penn so you could run the Metroliner more accurate. Plus, there's also the New Haven - Springfield shuttle, so if Dovetail or someone made an extension to Springfield off of New York - New Haven, or as a separate DLC route , then you could run the 4xx-series New Haven - Springfield Shuttles, such as this one in the attached picture.
    [​IMG]
    Amtrak P42DC 18 with New Haven - Springfield Shuttle 463 at Wallingford, Connecticut. (C) Lexice on Wikipedia

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  3. rare_common_sense

I certainly agree that a Keystone Corridor route should be done. Only downside to that route would be that we wouldn’t get official license for SEPTA equipment, although the Arrow III would provide a great substitute. Like a fictional livery of it that can be sold on the marketplace dlc section. I would love it to be done in combination of a combined NEC NY-Philly-Harrisburg, whichbwould justify a remade NEC that is up the quality of the current route offerings.

4. rare_common_sense

Though they could still offer the these for the current NEC routes. Especially the cab car. Which I believe should have made it in when they released the NYNH.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I like cab cars. I would like to see this.

6. JoeKrazy

JoeKrazy New Member

I'm pretty sure they usually get the models from Train Simulator and use them in Train Sim World so they should be able to implement Metroliner Cab Car from Train Sim World right into Train Simulator. It can't be that hard, right? Definitely might be the easiest way to make a DLC at this point.

7. rare_common_sense

Well, that's how we got the M7A in TS. Just a TSW port with child objects added to differentiate from the LIRR version.

8. josh.ostrowski03

josh.ostrowski03 Active Member

i would love to see the phase 3 cab car so i could run proper San Diegan trains: Metroliner03.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. JoeKrazy

JoeKrazy New Member

Maybe. Hopefully they make all the variations or at least the newest. Anyone can get rid of the ditch lights and repaint the cab car to make it like the one above.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CJM21292

CJM21292 Well-Known Member

I would like to see them make the prr/pc metroliners its perfect for the nyc-philly NEC route

• Like Like x 1