1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amtrak/prr Metroliners Emu (with Inclusion Of The Push-pull Cab Car.. Again)

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by rare_common_sense, Feb 20, 2018.

1. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

So, here, as the title implies I introduce to you (DTG) the locos presented. This is a very simple straightforward article of the EMU/consist that traverse the Northeast Corridor up until the introduction of the more successful Acela service/equipment, mainly replacing the Metroliner EMU's. Anyone can correct me, or give more informative insight of this. But I think that these would be very interesting to have in train simulator. Of course, thoughts are always welcomed.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the photos in this article, as they belong to their respective owners..

Here in the first photo the PRR Metroliner.
    ptj-metroliners-3.jpg
    Second Photo is the Amtrak Budd Metroliner, which is slightly but very noticeable difference.
    2851.1106533320.jpg
    Third we have the Amtrak cab car, which looks to be in a push-pull situation. In one of it's more recent liveries.
    Amtrak-metroliner.jpg
    And of course, the most prominent and recent of the bunch. The Amtrak Keystone Cab car. Which even without the Keystone, would still be a very welcomed addition to the TS catalog for Amtraks Push-Pull operations, as it is very much put in use all throughout the Northeast Corridor. 2012-02-28_011cbinstant.jpg
    And the Budd version, of the Keystone Cab Car, which also would be very welcomed to the TS Amtrak fleet. 9828wilm.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. JessicaKasumi

JessicaKasumi Member

The Metroliner would be really nice, especially if you have the Keystone Corridor in TS. Then you can run a Keystone Services authentically. Between New York Penn and Philadelphia's 30th Street, the Metroliner cab control car usually pulls the train, the ACS-64 (or AEM-7 in the past) pulled it to Harrisburg, and then turned at the wye near Harrisburg, so the ACS-64 (AEM-7 in the past) could pull it back to Philadelphia, and then the Metroliner pull it back to NYP. The pre-cab car days would go great as part of an early Amtrak DLC or a combined Early Amtrak/Conrail DLC, with Conrail and Amtrak equipment for the Northeast Corridor, both New York to New Haven, and New York - Philadelphia and the cab car variant perfect for a Keystone Corridor route that might go to New York Penn so you could run the Metroliner more accurate. Plus, there's also the New Haven - Springfield shuttle, so if Dovetail or someone made an extension to Springfield off of New York - New Haven, or as a separate DLC route , then you could run the 4xx-series New Haven - Springfield Shuttles, such as this one in the attached picture.
    [​IMG]
    Amtrak P42DC 18 with New Haven - Springfield Shuttle 463 at Wallingford, Connecticut. (C) Lexice on Wikipedia

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  3. rare_common_sense

I certainly agree that a Keystone Corridor route should be done. Only downside to that route would be that we wouldn’t get official license for SEPTA equipment, although the Arrow III would provide a great substitute. Like a fictional livery of it that can be sold on the marketplace dlc section. I would love it to be done in combination of a combined NEC NY-Philly-Harrisburg, whichbwould justify a remade NEC that is up the quality of the current route offerings.

4. rare_common_sense

Though they could still offer the these for the current NEC routes. Especially the cab car. Which I believe should have made it in when they released the NYNH.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I like cab cars. I would like to see this.