Class 390 Ancient Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by guardupfront, Nov 21, 2020.

1. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Hi all,

I was on the WCML North West & Scotland merge route and I was in a Class 390 (reskin of the old Discontinued version) and around Tebay heading northbound I saw my rear camera was slower than my front camera and my passenger view seemed to make different noises to the front of the train.
    Took me a good minute to realise the rear 7 coaches had detached and were coasting a mile behind me to a stand.
    Now this is an old old issue IIRC of which the update (I wasn’t regularly using TS20xx when the update was released so I don’t know the ins and outs of it) was meant to fix, so will a Verification of my game files fix this? I cleared my cache recently and have never had this problem before, but I’ve never done that part of the route before either.

Final question - has the WCML South 390 experienced this problem at all? If not, I’ll swap it out and use that one instead.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  2. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

If WCML "North West & Scotland merge route" is a 3rd party add on the verifying the DTG game files won't fix anything as it only checks for DTG default routes and assets.
    It might conceivably fix a DTG Class 390 asset - but probably only if you get this SAME detachment running the same consist on a DTG route?
    You could achieve a similar effect by unticking and reticking any DTG Class 390 you own via the Steam page for TS - "Manage my xxx DLC".
    If you got it from ATS - it might be worth posting the question on there too?

3. guardupfront

Thanks for the response, the WCML route is indeed 3rd party; it is a merge of the Edinburgh - Glasgow, WCML North and WCML Over Shap which are all DTG I think.
    I assume that I should be aiming to recreate it in the standalone WCML Over Shap route as that is the part of the route where the issue popped up to see if it's a route fault or a train fault?

Yeah shall try a reinstall and see if I've missed something. I was going to try and post in there but from how the forums appear (I'm not a member) it looks pretty bare and not many questions are ever answered so figured best to check here as it's a bit more populated and see if it was something straightforward first.

4. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

I tried a couple of scenarios using the original (non-Virgin) version on the WCML, The ECML run and the "Football Special" - no separation, or anything like you described. So the "fault" could be in the scenario in the modded route?
    It is still worth an untick re-tick though.
    The Virgin version was Ok on the WCML Trent Valley.
    I seem to remember that this separation used to happen on some USA scenarios and also on the early version of London to Peterborough.
    Hope you find a solution.:)

5. guardupfront

Thanks for your help Peter,

Gave it a try and swapped the 390 out for the newer WCML South version and managed to get up and over Shap without a hitch, so it's definitely an issue with the reskinned unit - most likely a bug that has carried over. Will give it a reinstall and see if that does the trick. Thanks again!