1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class 390 Ancient Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by guardupfront, Nov 21, 2020.

1. guardupfront

guardupfront Member

Hi all,

I was on the WCML North West & Scotland merge route and I was in a Class 390 (reskin of the old Discontinued version) and around Tebay heading northbound I saw my rear camera was slower than my front camera and my passenger view seemed to make different noises to the front of the train.
    Took me a good minute to realise the rear 7 coaches had detached and were coasting a mile behind me to a stand.
    Now this is an old old issue IIRC of which the update (I wasn’t regularly using TS20xx when the update was released so I don’t know the ins and outs of it) was meant to fix, so will a Verification of my game files fix this? I cleared my cache recently and have never had this problem before, but I’ve never done that part of the route before either.

Final question - has the WCML South 390 experienced this problem at all? If not, I’ll swap it out and use that one instead.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 1:11 AM
  2. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Active Member

If WCML "North West & Scotland merge route" is a 3rd party add on the verifying the DTG game files won't fix anything as it only checks for DTG default routes and assets.
    It might conceivably fix a DTG Class 390 asset - but probably only if you get this SAME detachment running the same consist on a DTG route?
    You could achieve a similar effect by unticking and reticking any DTG Class 390 you own via the Steam page for TS - "Manage my xxx DLC".
    If you got it from ATS - it might be worth posting the question on there too?

3. guardupfront

guardupfront Member

Thanks for the response, the WCML route is indeed 3rd party; it is a merge of the Edinburgh - Glasgow, WCML North and WCML Over Shap which are all DTG I think.
    I assume that I should be aiming to recreate it in the standalone WCML Over Shap route as that is the part of the route where the issue popped up to see if it's a route fault or a train fault?

Yeah shall try a reinstall and see if I've missed something. I was going to try and post in there but from how the forums appear (I'm not a member) it looks pretty bare and not many questions are ever answered so figured best to check here as it's a bit more populated and see if it was something straightforward first.

4. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Active Member

I tried a couple of scenarios using the original (non-Virgin) version on the WCML, The ECML run and the "Football Special" - no separation, or anything like you described. So the "fault" could be in the scenario in the modded route?
    It is still worth an untick re-tick though.
    The Virgin version was Ok on the WCML Trent Valley.
    I seem to remember that this separation used to happen on some USA scenarios and also on the early version of London to Peterborough.
    Hope you find a solution.:)

5. guardupfront

guardupfront Member

Thanks for your help Peter,

Gave it a try and swapped the 390 out for the newer WCML South version and managed to get up and over Shap without a hitch, so it's definitely an issue with the reskinned unit - most likely a bug that has carried over. Will give it a reinstall and see if that does the trick. Thanks again!