[route Add-on] Dbb-r7 05 - Hamburg – Lübeck. With Db Br 112 + Doppelstockwagen & Mrce Br 182

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 59321747, Nov 26, 2020.

1. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

How many miles is this route? I have always been curious about DTG's new route. When did they make the long and exciting route?

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Hamburg – Lübeck is about 64km, or 40mi. Their longest route will be the soon upcoming LGV route at just over 100km. I believe that the longest current route, both in terms of sheer length and service completion time, is Sandpatch Grade at 84km or 52mi.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  3. 59321747

Hamburg------Lübeck is the route above TS? Or the latest German route developed by DTG?

4. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

It is a route in the making by DTG, that is currently being produced. It is on the roadmap, but there are no pictures of it as of now. It also isn't released yet and there is no date for release. It is one of the upcoming routes I'm looking most forward to ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I genuinely want to know, what are you looking forward to? It looks very boring to me

• Like Like x 1
  6. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

I think Bjorn may have been sarcastic there. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Wow, somehing I just noticed - MRCE BR 182 ... so this means another (dublicate?) loco that can only be used on this route? With it's own achievments and so on? Oh come on, correct me if I'm wrong but this is just a repaint, right?

• Like Like x 3
  8. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

it might not have the PIS box in the window? :o

• Like Like x 2
  9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

10. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I hope they come up with something great for this route, I can see how this might look boring on first glance. The Loco choices are not perfect either. Sure, the 112 is active there but from what I gathered the 218 is the workhorse for passenger services there (at least we will get the 218 later on from TSG).
    The 182 is nice, because now we can repaint it - but in all honesty if they just made the existing 182 paint able it would have been mostly the same effect.

I know in Hamburg there is a huge freight yard but it is quite far south of the main station, so I fear that won't be included. S-Bahn services will be weird as well since we don't have any of the trains that run there as s Bahn.
    At least they have one Ice and one IC line that could potentially benefit from other routes, though on that route usually ice 1,2 and 4 are used, not the 3/3m.
    So I really hope they will pull something out of their hat for this one once we are further in production, or this might be RSN but further north. I am exited for the Hamburg and Lübeck stations though.

• Like Like x 4
  11. BjornGroen02NL

Exactly haha. German DLC's are my favorite, and I own every single one of them. However this one doesn't really appeal to me. It is just a 64km mainline with a speed limit of 160 km/h. I love Hamburg Hbf as a station, but the route to Lübeck isn't the most interesting route. It will also probably only get A to B mainline freight substituted from Main-Spessart Bahn, as there aren't a lot of yards around the area. I still can't decide whether or not I will buy this route.

[​IMG]
    (Source: https://www.openrailwaymap.org/)

The route will take around 45 minutes with a passenger train, but due to the speed you won't see a lot of PZB action for example. Oh and yes, there is a lot of freight activity around Hamburg! Maybe if some of these yards will be included, it will be a good selling point. Same idea as they did with Aschaffenburg Hafen (Harbor) on the Main-Spessart Bahn. If only the mainline would be inlcluded in MSB, I'm sure less people would have bought it.

Again, we will have to see what the future bring for this route. Right now we only know the start and end of the routes, the 2 locos that come with it and the fact that Dostos will be used. Nothing more. I'm sure we know much more about it when it's about to release :D

P.S. These are just my opinions only based on the little information we currently have. Anyone is free to think what they want about this upcoming DLC. I might change my opnion when we know more

• Like Like x 4
  12. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

I think it really depends on the amount of stops that they squize in. If you take GWE for example, it's a pretty boring line, quite straight, no really interesting banks, but the Class 166 and the many stops make it interesting.

I was just checking out a video of the Train Simulator version of the route and if they can squize in more then just the 4-5 stations in the original and keep the high density of assets then it can be a great route.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BjornGroen02NL

Actually, looking at the video, cruising at 160 km/h can be fun too. I think that that will be the highlight of the route. And I agree with your point on GWE, however on this route there are far less stations then you on GWE with the Class 166.

Thanks to that video my "feeling" of this route is now more positive. I've been to the area myself and Schleswig-Holstein (the German state where this route is located in) looks beautiful. Hopefully DTG will be able to reproduce the feel of this area in TSW2, as that is important with every route.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

And I thought I would finally found a different opinion about this route, nobody seems terribly excited about it :D
    I highly doubt any of the Hamburg yards will be added as they aren't really a part of this line and would require lots more track. But I hope they include some of the port near Lübeck or even Lübeck Skandinavienkai, that would definitely make me interested.

Cruising at 160km/h might be fun, but we already have that on multiple routes so far (SKA, HMA, HRR,...) This is literally nothing new to TSW while we still lack many interesting aspects of the german railroads.
    Also, in my opinion, the scenery is the boring part. It's just flat and many parts are obstructed by soundwalls.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BjornGroen02NL

Hey, don't say it's boring because it's flat! I live in the Netherlands which is even flatter!
    Just kidding of course :D

Although the areas around the cities will have soundwalls, I don't think this is the case in the countryside. 2 years ago, when I was travelling through the northern part of Germany, I had found a pretty good spotting location around a railway near Itzehoe where there were no soundwalls at all. Mainly because it is the countryside, and there aren't many people there around the railway. I did like the landscape, as it looked very much like the areas found in the Netherlands (flat as a pancake). But yes I agree, some people will find it boring ;)

Yes, I agree on this point. I think Hamburg-Lübeck will "feel" mostly the same as when using the DB BR 146.2 on Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr as a Regional Express. Apart from the fact that it is just 2 tracks and without an S-Bahn.

^ Exactly this. If freight will be introduced as simple A to B services, it would become boring really quickly. It will be the exact same as running freight on Köln-Aachen. That is, in my honest opinion, not really interesting to drive. If the Skandinaviankai would be added as a branchline or siding (not really sure how to call it) it would make the route 10x more valuable. It is a very important destination for logistics, both via road (trucks) and rail, to go to Scandinavia by boat.

Actually, this idea could be pretty damn well implemented. I will create a proposal for it ;)

EDIT:
    Thread has been created. I had lots of fun writing it ;) Link:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/hamburg-lübeck-travemünde-extension.31756/

• Like Like x 2
  16. 59321747

Did the strange problem appear again? How many TS routes will appear on TSW? When will the 80-100 mile route appear in TSW? Is TSW a DTG ambition and only plans to provide players with a 40-mile line?

• Like Like x 1
  17. mclitke

What is your problem?
    Try to do serious research for new places with a pandemic going on. I don't have an TS content so any of these routes are new to me anyway.
    The Marseille to Avignon route will be the longest tsw route when it releases the next weeks.
    There are lots of lines longer than 40 miles. And the length of a route should not be the main selling point anyway. Have fun riding the TGV for 30 minutes in a straight linewithout anything to do or care for but hey, the route is very long. Yay. Not everyone has time to spend 2:30 hours in one sitting to finish one sand patch grade service, around 60 minutes sounds reasonable enough to me.

Now if saving the game would actually work without killing the service that would be something else.

• Like Like x 6
  18. 59321747

I find a long route more attractive, because I hope that the time to complete a route can be controlled within 2 hours. Of course, when I say this, many players will say that the time is too long. Don’t forget that there is "save" in the game. You can experience it if you have time The fun brought by these 2 hours, there is no time to save, so I have enough time to continue enjoying

• Like Like x 1
  19. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Save - broken thing in game/
    (i trying complete mission/task in one try)

• Like Like x 1
  20. mclitke

Same. Far too often have I had problems with red signals, stuck ai trains or bugs with doors and breaks when loading a save game...

• Like Like x 1