Some Big Apple Loco Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Luke.Frederick, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Luke.Frederick

Luke.Frederick New Member

1. Acela Express-'Nuff said
    2. Genset Switcher- would be nice if we had a dedicated switcher for both the Sandpatch Grade and NEC. I was quite surprised to learn that Amtrak-owned a couple of Gensets.
    3. P40's- A bit surprised the face of Amtrak didn't come with this route, would be a really nice addon.
    4. GG1- Would be a fun freight and passenger locomotive, although realistically it wouldn't be in service

• Like Like x 6
  2. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Being a huge fan of the GG1 myself, I certainly wouldn't mind taking one out on the rails .. period appropriate or not :D

Amtrak did make use of them for a minute ..

• Like Like x 1
  3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Amtrak GG1's were such a boring paint job though. Just solid black or navy with while "Amtrak" text on the side. Some were put in Phase 1, but the one at the local museum here is one of the boring ones :P The original PRR paint would be nice to have.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

AEM-7's AND HHP-8'. Even though both are retired already, they haven't been for long.
    Definitely would like to seee a GG1.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I'm quite fond of the look and the shape of M3, M7, M8 railcars. I'm not sure what portion of the route they run over though. I know literally nothing about the NEC and the rail network around New York.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GP40Man5528

GP40Man5528 Active Member

And just to get the F O A M E R S going, they should add a marketplace skin of Amtrak 642

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Would be nice to see the 3GS21B Genset in Train Sim World. Here are some of the locos I would like to see added as well:
    • Amtrak AEM-7 & HHP-8
    • Yn3 versions of AC4400CW and SD40-2
    • NJT locos such as the ALP-46 and ALP-45 along with Comet IVs/Vs and Multilevels for operation between Penn Station and Newark Airport
    • Providence & Worcester locos such as the B39-8 or B40-8W or a repaint of the GP38-2
    • Acela Express would be nice to see added to the game but it would make more sense with the route extending further than New Rochelle to Stamford or further

• Like Like x 3
  8. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Unfortunately right now there is no route to run an M7 or M3 on. However in TS they have the M8 for the NYNH route but there are tons of flaws to it. I’m hoping in the near future we’ll get an LIRR route bringing my dream to drive an M7 to fruition. We can also get that with the Hudson line too but LIRR is more likely with an extension to the current NEC New York route we’re getting soon.