Favourite Routes?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, Dec 20, 2020.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Although this is very subjective but would be good to hear what others feel are their top 10 routes and why. Here are mine:-
    1. NTP - varied route and challenges with lots of DLC. With Miles Platting finally sorted makes it my favourite.
    2. Rhein Ruhr - only just bought it in the sale and was pleased with variety and challenges. With good add on DLC's great fun.
    3. Tees Valley - anothervaried route with good DLC options.
    4. Great Western - love the route but mainly as used to travel it a lot. The best secret unlock of additional routes is a winner. Limited DLC but maybe something new in 2021.
    5. Long Island - bit love and hate as route is varied with 2 extra lines. But DLC is virtually the same and lack of traffic on the busiest line in USA is disappointing.
    6. Peninsular Corridor - long route and excellent DLC options. Good to have freight too. No sidings or offshoot routes spoils the fun as does the underwhelming water effects near SF.
    7. East Coastway - great route with 2 options for lines. Freight is good but very limited. Badly needs some DLC to add some new variety.
    8. Koln Aachen - good high speed and regional services. But needs some new DLC.
    9. Munchen Augsberg - similar to Koln but good new route.
    10. Sand Patch - wonderful scenery and challenging gradients. But chugging along with mile long freight trains for 90 minutes is enough to drive you round the bend!

Fun to hear what others think!

• Like Like x 1
  2. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. anthonyruk

anthonyruk New Member

• East Coastway - It's a really well made route and the 377 is a nice modern train that's quite fun to drive.
    • Northern-Transpennine - Nice long route with plenty of variety and more challenges than East Coastway (more red signals).
    • Tees Valley Line - Very similar reasons to NTP - I only use this in passenger mode for the 101 though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I’m really enjoying Rhur Sieg Nord at the minute. I struggle to enjoy Sand Patch Grade.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Freaking LIRR! This line has so many branches, a super fun signal system, one of the easiest trains to drive, and you can run freight trains when you make your own scenario.

Next is Oakville Sub not because the line is that scenic but the freight options are awesome and Canadian signals are weird. Also only dlc so far I know of with a yard you can properly switch. Add passenger train options in scenario mode plus Bayview Junction and yeah, worth the money.

The German lines I lump all together, fun and interesting!

Penninsula Corridor is really ugly actually, like Oakville Sub, but without really having good freight options, it just is kind of a boring commuter rail which is weird since I love commuter trains.

NTP is beautiful but that class 101 is impossible to drive and the whole thing is a buggy mess. But did I mention how beautiful that line is?!

Eastcoastway is pretty too, just kind of meh since it is so short. Fun for A to B type trains.

Et pour la pièce de la résistance, LGV. Pourqoui mec c'est terrible!? Car c'est français!

(And for the final piece LGV. Why man it's terrible? Because it's French!)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

East coastway, but it needs more add ons and u can only drive freight from Lewes to Newhaven terminals
    HRR, pleasant route to drive, and keeping to the timetable certainly keeps me on my toes!
    Bakerloo line - very highly detailed
    Sand patch grade- it’s a very scenic route to drive- I was amazed when I first took a look at the route. However it looks like they have spammed the same tree over and over again
    Koln Aachen- a nice and scenic route to drive, but the route is too short
    Peninsula corridor- I haven’t driven this route yet, because I don’t like most American trains, but I have explored a station and I was impressed with the quality
    West Somerset railway- the hills and fields are really nice, but dovetail have spammed the same cuju platform texture over and over again. On top of that, they have used some terrible and unrealistic cuju grass platform. Also, this route cost me nearly £20- and that’s around £1 per mile (including trains)

• Like Like x 1
  7. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Rapid transit because the strict timetables are a real challenge in poor weather and I personally think it's one of the best looking routes (visuals and lighting). My only quibbles are the lack of passengers and the fact that DTG have applied the exact same wheel slip to the entire route without taking into consideration that there's no snow/ice/water on the line when you're underground.