London Victoria And London Bridge To Lewes And Brighton (east Coastway Add On)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by formulabee#1362, Jan 18, 2021.

1. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Some of you may have noticed that I posted a poll asking which UK route you wanted. London to brighton and lewes was the winner, so this is why im suggesting this route.
    The Brigton mainline is 50 miles and features a variety of rolling stock, including Gatwick Express class 387's, Southern Rail class 377's, Thameslink class 700's. This route would be perfect for tsw2 because it could be an add on for east coastway and a class 377 has already been made, which DTG could use. Then, there is a line which joins onto the Brighton mainline at Lewes, which would be great if DTG could do, especially as Lewes to Brighton is already simulated.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_main_line
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coastway_line (only the junction from Lewes to Three bridges is necessary)

• Like Like x 9
  2. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

All in all it is a 60 mile route (Victoria to Brighton and Keymer Junction to Lewes). If it was produced as an East Coastway extension, it makes a 90 mile route. That would be a consecutive run of 66 miles (London Victoria to Eastbourne). Really consider creating it as an Extention of East Coastway as then you would be producing a longer route, with 1/3 of the route already created. Is there a reason why this wouldn't work? The last thing you should do is produce London Victoria to Brighton then decide after release that you wished you had made it as an extension. Really consider this DTG. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Full support from me

Wouldn't this also lenghten the freight journey to and from Newhaven Aggregates?

• Like Like x 2
  4. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Full support on me too. I agree, this would be a excellent add-on to East Coastway

• Like Like x 2
  5. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I suspect it would. Really hope DTG add this to the game

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

If built, The service would travel right the way up to Streatham Common I believe. There would actually be a point to the currently 6 mile service. Extended to a 50.5 mile service.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I think it is just before Clapham Junction that the freight services would end at

• Like Like x 1
  8. formulabee#1362

Yes

9. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't even need to be an extension. They could sell it standalone from London Vic to Lewes/Brighton and then owners of ECW could get the merged route with timetable. This overcomes this issue of people having to buy two routes. In addition, it would be good to get the divides and joins at Haywards Heath on the Eastbourne/Littlehampton (I think?) Services.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. formulabee#1362

Yes that would better and dtg would earn more money

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Would love this! Although not sure about to London Bridge because this would open up a vast number of potential routes that would have to be included. So maybe just to Victoria from Lewes and Brighton?
    Lewes to Keymer Junction is the most vital part in my eyes because it hasn’t been simulated before.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member