Sehs - Sudden Yellow Signal, No Aws

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by involvedmass, Feb 20, 2021.

1. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

A couple of times now I've been travelling at pretty high speeds, ~70mph last time, and suddenly there's a yellow signal (single yellow, i.e a red coming up next) in front of me that the AWS doesn't even recognize/respond to (AWS was not isolated), meaning if you aren't looking at the signal when passing it you will probably not stop in time for the red signal coming up.

As I mentioned this has happened several times, at three occasions now I think, and the latest one just happened now. I was approaching Strood when the sudden yellow signal appeared. I looked at the map, and sure enough there was a train in front of me.

I had looked at the map before, and had not seen any train in front of me (however I might have missed it). Either way the AWS should have warned me, no?

Has anyone else seen this, or am I just imagining things? :D

2. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

Just almost came to a stop at the red signal (about 10 meters away from it), and no AWS warning there either...

3. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

And now pulling up to the platform at Strood the yellow signal at the end of the platform does in fact cause AWS to go off.
    Very weird.

4. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

There´s also a green signal giving AWS warning when arriving to Hoo Yard. It´s on the Higham platforms if I´m not wrong. I have seen a similar issue at Tees Valley route, at the exit from Tees Yard.

The thing with the yellows also happens in some german routes. Today I played HRR route and in the arrival to Bochum yard you have exactly the same thing: yellow without any PZB magnet.

They seriously need to test the signalling systems as those errors start to be more frequent than ever before. I´m really tired to report them every time a new release is out. They just need to play one service in each direction to ckeck every route... Is that really so hard to do???

Cheers

5. involvedmass

involvedmass Member

Yeah now that you mention it I have noticed that with PZB as well.
    It's more likely to be green all the way when playing a timetable run, and it's really disappointing to then not have the safety systems working when there's actually something a bit out of the ordinary happening. :(

6. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I noticed this and I think it’s to do with how the game models “Relate” or “Distant” signals.

The signal is a 3 aspect or (4 aspect distant to be precise) is signal if you look but only capable of showing, signal yellow, double yellow, or green. (Y/YY/G)

You will see the signal at the end of Higham Up (London-bound) for example is showing a green aspect, once you pass it, the signal stays green. Only when you pass the signal ahead, it drops back to a yellow aspect (which is correct for this type of signal)

As I said the reason you will get an AWS warning at this signal even when it’s showing a green, is if the signal ahead is showing a yellow aspect, similar happens on East Coastway, and is more to do with how this is simulated in TSW2. It’s basically “relating” what the next home signal is showing.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  7. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

That´s maybe the case. But shouldn´t it give a double yellow then if the next signal is yellow, instead of the current green? That would match with the AWS warning that is active at it.

Cheers

8. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

It’s the way the game simulates these distant signals.

The AWS warning you get is relating to what the next signal is showing. There’s a thread here, I’ve commented on too, which explains as well.
    http://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/sehs-signal-aws-issue-with-freight-services.35853/

But you’re right it should be showing a Double Yellow (YY) aspect if the next signal is single yellow.

I think this is the first 4 aspect distant we’ve seen in game?

EDIT: It’s not the first 4 aspect distant, you can find them on the approaches to Southerham Junction on ECW going towards Lewes, on both the Seaford & Eastbourne branches. But the behaviour is similar.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1