Train Sim World Update Available Now

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Jay, Mar 20, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Thank you all once again for your continued feedback following the release of Train Sim World: Rapid Transit. Your input has helped us identify and address a number of issues, which we have outlined below.

Passenger Improvements
    - Extend platform passenger spawn range to 1km
    - Reviewed and revised AI navigation mesh on all stations
    - Reviewed and revised character spawn points to help them get on the platform quicker
    - Give AI knowledge of when trains are arriving and which platform, so they can tend to navigate towards platforms that have trains coming and away from those that don't.
    - Increase spawn rate for stations so a greater volume of characters are shown
    - Add a hard limit to the number of characters to prevent dropping framerate
    - Adjusted character spawner so it will now use a random one from those available instead of only using the first
    - Numerous changes to how the mechanic works for passengers getting on and off trains

Crashes
    - Fix crash when trying to stream a missing rail vehicle / formation definition

Gameplay
    - Fix incorrect direction of flipped rail vehicles on spawn from portal
    - Player prompts use the internal service name rather than the Display Name.
    - Fix failure to find path when formation length shortens due to uncouple instruction
    - Allow manual override of coupling destination as temp workaround for bad implicit coupling locations
    - Fix pathfinder not creating a path correctly when reversing after an uncouple instruction
    - Thread safety pass for network path finder.
    - Show couple / uncouple objective markers over couplers instead of vehicles. Show number of vehicles to uncouple and allow FormationName as format string in for uncouple instructions
    - Fixed issue with alerter warning going off after fuse has been switched off.
    - Easier in game map movement with gamepad by reducing movement threshold
    - Fixed issue where pushed button would sometimes get stuck in a pushed state after loading a save game.
    - '2' Camera now does not collide with attached actors (e.g. cargo).

GP40-2
    - Fixed rear ditchlight glass on yn2 and yn3b
    - Created new master material for masked numbers, turned off point lights, painted handbrake blue, changed grill colour for YN2 and 3b, Reskinned engine latch.
    - Minor update to Number Lights on YN2 and YN3b liveries. Removing Point Lights. Setting Number Boards to new Material. Changing new Material to Masked Master Material

LS2
    - Complete lighting re-setup for underground stations including static baked lighting for greatly improved visuals and better framerate
    - Re-implemented tunnel and underground station lighting system to work with dynamic objects such as rail vehicles, cab interiors etc
    - Fill in some missing platform marker references, required for passenger loading/unloading to work
    - Fix Dessau by setting platform marker references
    - Bitterfield Station: Redid nav mesh and fixed passengers from standing underground
    - Moved a platform wait area at Dessau Hbf so that it is fully covered in nav, rebuilt the nav. Passengers now flow correctly
    - Fixed collision mesh in tunnels
    - Leipzig HBF Stair collision fix
    - Electrification applied to short section originally missed

Talent 2
    - Updated Passenger Splines, elongated and rotation applied to spline points to ensure passengers get off the correct sides properly.
    - Switched Standard seat name to “Driver”.

GWR HST
    - Re-implemented LoDs on coaches

GWR Class 166
    - Switched brake hold control to use key definitions for automatic brake so they can now be redefined
    - Fixed some collision issues with the body and doors

This update is around 4GB in size and will download automatically from Steam. If you have any problems/queries with regard to the update, leave a comment below or submit a ticket to our support site where our Support Team will be ready to assist.

Please Note: You may need to restart your Steam Client in order to receive this update and/or commence the download. Please try this before contacting us.

If you have any feedback in regards to the update, we urge you to post in our dedicated Train Sim World Forums - https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/train-sim-world.72

Thank you all for your continued feedback and support, please keep it coming!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Thank you James :)

3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Ok, that’s actually a lot more than I expected. was ready to get on like ‘come on, that’s an update?’ but work has certainly been done. Perhaps not in every single area I would like, but better passengers must have taken up a lot of the programmer’s work time. It’s not like everything can be done when you make changes as big as that.

4. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

There's a bunch of other smaller things too that didn't make the list but are in the update, so you might see improvements in areas that haven't been outlined here :)

- Jay

• Like Like x 4
  5. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

I'm a bit disappointed about the scope on the LS2 line. There is still much to do, because some important things are missing such as the ability to change the cabs so that the door controls work in both cabins. This makes driving on a timetable without having to load it permanently impossible. The PZB was unfortunately not touched. But not bad for the beginning. Thank you ;)

6. Edward S (MilPop14)

Edward S (MilPop14) Active Member

Sorry but what's a LoD may I ask?

7. madmeister

madmeister Member

Level of Detail
    Basically if you zoom out or move away from the model it will get less detailed so your framerate is better. If it is used right you can't notice it but in TSW you may see it when rails get suddenly more detailed in the near.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

THE LEGION OF DOOOOOOOOM

(or level of detail)

- Jay

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Around 4GB update? According to Steam, the update I am downloading right now is only 2.7GB?

10. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

2.7 GB is the NY DLC

11. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Also, if you don’t have all the DLC, the update won’t be as big as 4 GB. That’s only if you need to download the update for every single DLC.

12. Kalikowsky

Kalikowsky New Member

Any plans for new content to existing dlc's?
    Best regards.

13. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Yep. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Jay. It's a good think that there's so much stuff done regarding the lights and passengers, and I'm sure it took a lot of time to implement.

But please, could we have a word regarding the god forsaken issue with traction motors/throttle/ammeter on diesel-electric locomotives? It's been a year or so while DTG is "working on it". Is it ever going to be fixed, or it's just too hard to fix and they abandoned it altogether?

15. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

2 threads for this?

16. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Still working on it. Literally just raised this with the devs and got that exact response.

Some things take time unfortunately, but it certainly hasn't been abandoned.

- Jay

17. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

That honestly doesn't sound very encouraging. :(

18. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Well it should! Devs are pretty certain it's something we can resolve, but it is a lengthy process :(

- Jay

• Like Like x 1
  19. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Wow! Thank you for all the Passenger Improvements! You actually visit the Bugs Section in this Forum silently. I guess I have to apologize for being impatient
    Could we get an Option to remove/adjust this hard limit individually? I tested the Update and really like it but my System can easily handle a lot more Passengers and it surely adds great Immersion to the game for me.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Any ideas whether the Devs have identified the issue with frame rates and lateness on Xbox version? And have identified what they need to do to get it resolved in a future update?

21. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Id like to add to that, to have an option for the maximum amount of passengers would be awesome.....as id rather have my main settings lower and more passengers than play in 4k with little passengers.....
    However thats not to say great improvements with the passengers and thanks to you and the team for doing such extensive work on them! Were all.just trying to phase out TS so you focus on this really ;)

22. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Is it me or do the graphics seem slightly better? I’m playing GWE and it looks like there’s more detail in the line side foliage and grass. Also the colours seem more accurate with it not looking as washed out as before.

23. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Something about the interiors of the coaches seem different but I can't place it.

24. Kalikowsky

Kalikowsky New Member

Yes. Finnally passengers are more clever!
    Its now much better.

Thanks for this update!

I have small question about future plans.
    Is conductor/guard mode possible to implement? It’s very simple idea, but it can be fun and just brand new in simulations..

Conductor with whistle, flags, flashlight, radio and other necessary devices in equipment etc.

And of course ticket selling and validating system!

This is just small idea but I think it can be very exciting experience for all train sim fans!

Best regards.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

According to Matt, in his stream, last night they've introduced baked lighting in London Paddington and Reading which should improve frame rates in both stations somewhat.

26. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I have just done a Reading / Paddington, and the interior view lighting of the locomotive is greatly reduced, compared to the outdoor lighting.
    In fact, to increase the SPF, they decrease other aspect of the sight. Not great.

27. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Noticed a slight performance increase in GWE, still getting a drop to 30-40 FPS at times around Old Oak and approaches to Paddington.

Paddington station looks a lot better, in terms of lighting.

But the improvement of passengers is a big one!

Just ran a scenario Reading-Paddington and sometimes there would be missing track in certain areas (memory issue I assume) but no such problem this time.

Now hopefully we’ll see a Class 387 DLC so we have electric services to Hayes & Harlington at least!

Thanks for the hard work, DTG :)

28. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Not had chance to have a look at the update. Interested by the passenger update though, does this mean they no longer travel on a supposed empty stock move to the depot? Also, do they all finally alight upon reaching Paddington?

29. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Still no fix on the GP40 ditch lights

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  30. Phunyun

Phunyun New Member

Is it just me or does the first scenario for the NEC not tell you how to open the doors on your consist at all? I was able to figure it out eventually (tab menu), but I think it should have communicated that unless I missed it somewhere. I also ran into an issue where, when arriving at Penn, I had a red signal that wouldn't go away, and passing obviously meant failure/restart at last checkpoint.

I'm overall impressed by the attention to detail yet again in the models and just the look and feel of just driving, and also do really appreciate the tutorial going over a cold startup, though it's kind of awkward without any speech since it's presented in such a way that it seems it's supposed to have audio. I'll probably develop a list of other thoughts and issues I find later this week. I do like this content, especially as a fan of Amtrak in the NE and Midwest, but I do have first-impression reservations.

31. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I confirm, maybe Jay don't get correct information from devs, because there are newer build version
    https://steamdb.info/app/530070/depots/

• Like Like x 1
  32. jENKS

jENKS New Member

So when is DTG actually going to fix something they say the fixed in patch notes? I mean, its easy to say "The blah blah has been fixed." But they never actually fix it. Or, with the fix comes 3 new problems.

• Like Like x 1
  33. say-tsw066

say-tsw066 New Member

When the cabin jerks will be fixed, jay, I'm wondering if the update for this is on the way :(