Elbtalstrecke: Dresden-neustadt - Děčín (with Čd 193 Vectron And Br 180), Reworked

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Feb 27, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

129 vote(s)
    90.8%
  2. Maybe, if it's on sale

9 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. No

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Contents:
    • The Route
      • General description
      • We are already getting a route from Dresden, why would this route still offer variation?
      • Cab views
      • Some trainspotting on the route
    • Services
    • Rolling Stock
      • What comes with the route?
        • ČD 193 (Siemens Vectron)
        • DB BR 180/ČD 372/371
      • DLC
        • DB BR 189
        • DB BR 146.0 (+ BR 145 pack?)
        • Baureihe 642 (Siemens Desiro Classic)
        • Captrain Vectron (BR 193)
      • Layers
    • Conclusion
    • Pictures
    [​IMG]
    A ČD 372 hauling a rake of mixed Intercity coaches from DB/ÖBB/ZSSK at Dolní Žleb, just south of the border crossing

Route
    [​IMG]
    General description
    Hi all, I'm proposing the Elbtal (Elbe valley) railway line from Dresden-Neustadt in Germany to Děčín in the Czech Republic via Dresden Hbf, Pirna, Rathen and Bad Schandau. The route is important for international freight (such as new cars and steel), express (Eurocity) and local passenger travel (RE and S-bahn). It features a power changeover at the Czech-German border over the Gelobtbach. It is a very scenic route, running along the Elbe river for most of its length through the 'Sächsische Schweiz' (Saxonian Switzerland), and crossing the beautiful Königstein and Dolní Žleb railway viaducts. The power changeover and Czech rolling stock would offer something new to the game, although changeovers like this are already on LGV end SEH. Dresden Hbf, with it's rather unique layout would also offer players something interesting. There are large freight yards at Dresden-Friedrichstadt and Děčín, and a smaller one at Pirna with Bad Schandau having a few freight sidings, so locomotives that can only run in Germany can end there. The route is just under 70 km in length, and would therefore fit TSW perfectly.

[​IMG]

A DB BR 180 and ČD 372 crossing the Königstein railway viaduct with a mixed freight train. the locomotives are identical, but more on that later.

We are already getting a route from Dresden, why would this route still offer variation?

Recently, it has been announced that we're getting Riesa - Dresden. This poses the question 'what new things would this route bring?'. Luckily I have a good answer to that. After Dresden, you go into the Sächsische Schweiz, a very scenic area with beautiful lanscapes along the river Elbe. The landscape here is radically different from that on Riesa - Dresden. In addition to that, gameplay would be very different too, with a systems changeover at the Czech/German border, which requires all new and refreshing rolling stock, from a new operator: ČD, the Czech national railway operator. All this combined makes for a route that is very different from Riesa - Dresden, but would still allow for great layering inbetween those routes, and a possible merger if those ever come to TSW, which would allow for longer S-bahn services on both routes.

Cab views

Děčín - Dresden - by Krzysztof Waszkiewicz
    Bad Schandau - Dresden Friedrichstadt freight yard - by ThomasD83

Some trainspotting on the route

Services
    Below I've listed nearly all services on this route. The stops that are on this route proposal are bold. In italic I've listed the last and first stops not on the route, so you know where the line diverges.

EC 27
    (from Elsterwerda) - Dresden-Neustadt – Dresden Hbf – Bad Schandau – Děčín - (onwards to Ústí nad Labem)
    Every 120 min.
    Rolling stock: ČD 193, ČD 372/DB BR 180

RE 20: Elbe-Labe-Sprinter
    Dresden Hbf – Pirna – Bad Schandau – Děčín hl. n. - (onwards to Ústí nad Labem)
    Every 60 min (Mon-Fri), Every 120 min (Sat-Sun)
    Rolling stock: DB BR 642

U28
    (from Rathmannsdorf (Kr Pirna)) - Bad Schandau - Krippen - Schmilka-Hirschmühle - Schöna - Dolní Žleb - Děčín hl.n.
    Every 120 min. (1 train less on weekends)
    Rolling stock: DB BR 642

S1
    (from Dresden Bischofsplatz) - Dresden-Neustadt - Dresden Mitte - Dresden Freiberger Straße - Dresden Hbf - Dresden-Strehlen - Dresden-Reick - Dresden-Dobritz - Dresden-Niedersedlitz - Dresden-Zschachwitz - Heidenau - Heidenau Süd - Heidenau-Großsedlitz - Pirna - Obervogelgesang (Kr. Pirna) - Stadt Wehlen (Sachs.) - Kurort Rathen - Königstein (Sächs. Schweiz) - Bad Schandau - Krippen - Schmilka-Hirschmühle - Schöna
    Every 10/20 min, Mon-Fri during rush hour (Dresden Neustadt - Pirna). Every 30 min (Dresden-Neustadt - Bad Schandau), Every 60 min (Bad Schandau - Schöna)
    Rolling stock: DB BR 146.0 or BR 182 with 4 VVO DoSto Coaches (additional BR 143 and 146.2 services during rush hour)

S2
    (from Dresden Industriegelände) - Dresden-Neustadt - Dresden Mitte - Dresden Freiberger Straße - Dresden Hbf - Dresden-Strehlen - Dresden-Reick - Dresden-Dobritz - Dresden-Niedersedlitz - Dresden-Zschachwitz - Heidenau - Heidenau Süd - Heidenau-Großsedlitz - Pirna
    Every 30 min (only Mon-Fri)
    Rolling stock: DB BR 143, BR 146.2 or BR 182 with 2 VVO DoSto coaches

Rolling Stock

What comes with the route?

ČD 193

[​IMG]

the ČD 193 is a member of the Siemens Vectron family. It operates Eurocity services on this route, hauling Czech Intercity Coaches (I'm no expert on the coach types, please do comment with info). Sometimes a few of the DB Intercity coaches that will come with the DB BR 101 are used aswell, these could be added for some variation. They are capable of operating in both Germany and the Czech Republic, making them ideal for this Eurocity service. The vectrons on the EC service are leased from ELL, but ČD Cargo owns some too, therefore whatever Vectron is included should be able to run both passenger and freight services. It might even be usable as a freight layer on some other German routes, though only when a player chooses it, it won't show up on AI trains. More info on Wikipedia

DB BR 180/ČD 372/371
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This locomotive goes by many names, as both ČD and DB have their own locomotives of this type. They were constructed in the late from 1988 to 1991, and are notable for still using spoked wheels. Like the vectron they can operate on both sides of the borders. They haul both EC and freight trains, though the former is increasingly rare. They would offer some older multisystem traction and would therefore be quite interesting to play. DB traffic red, DB (ex-DR) darkred livery, ČD and ČD Cargo liveries could be supplied for more variation. The loco could come with any of the German freight cars already in game, or maybe some new ones. More info on wikipedia

DLC

DB BR 189
    [​IMG]

The BR 189 is another German multisytem freight locomotive. It was built by Siemens as a further developement of the EuroSprinter platform, with the first loco's being deliverd in 2003. Like the Vectron, it's multisystem capabilities lead to it's high precense in the area. In game it can also layer onto many other German routes, as it can be seen all throughout Germany. Alternatively, this loco can come in MRCE livery (which I think looks better), as shown below, for more variety. More info on wikipedia (German)

[​IMG]

DB BR 146.0 (+ BR 145 pack?)
    [​IMG]
    146 017 with a VVO public transit advertisement.

The BR 146.0 is the precusor to the well known TRAXX family of locomotives, some of which (BR 146.2, 185.2 and 185.5) are already in game. The front of the 146.0 is somewhat different from the later TRAXX locomotives, as the later TRAXX locomotives have a straight front underneath the curve, and the 146.0's front slopes slightly inward. The inner workings are also vastly different, resulting in a different sound, with the 146.0 sounding more like the BR 101 (check the trainspotting video below at 10:25 for the sound). On the S-Bahn of Dresden they haul DoSto coaches in VVO (VerkehrsVerbund Oberelbe) livery. These coaches are nearly identical to the ones already in game, besides the added VVO and S-bahn branding. To make this DLC more interesting, the loco could come with some of its advertisment liveries in the same manner as the Trainbow livery on the Javelin, pictured below.

BR 145?
    Alternatively, the 146.0 could come in a pack with the BR 145, as with Riesa - Dresden the VVO Dosto coaches will aready be modelled (and therefore don't need to be modelled again). The 145 is the freight variant of this loco, and differs only in having an axle hung final drive (the 146.0 has a hollow shaft drive), and no destination displays (although these were later fitted to some 145's that entered passenger service). Outside of the displays and final drive (which results in a different top speed), the locos are nearly identical, with the sound and cab layout differing only minutely. The BR 145 could come with a few freight services to and from Bad Schandau, just before the border, and could possibily even substitute on S-bahn services, which it was also used for in Dresden.

The 146.0 (and maybe 145) could also layer onto different routes, with normal DoSto coaches, as it runs throughout Germany. More info on wikipedia.

This video is also linked above, but I've linked it here again, so you can hear the sound of the BR 146.0 (go to 10.25).

[​IMG]
    146 013 with a Felsenbühne Rathen advertisement.

[​IMG]
    145 038-6, this freight loco (here in Railion livery) was used on the Dresden S-bahn, here seen in Meißen. Note the destination display in the top of the right window, which was later fitted for passenger service.

Baureihe 642 (Siemens Desiro Classic)
    [​IMG]

The BR 642 is a two-part DMU, that is used for cross border RE 'Elbe-Labe-Sprinter' services on this route. It has a top speed of 120 km/h. It also runs services on part of the Havenbahn in Ascaffenburg, so would add layers there for more variety, even though it only has 3 or maybe 4 stops on the line. More info on Wikipedia

Captrain Vectron (BR 193)
    [​IMG]

Even though this route already has a Vectron, that one is mainly used for passenger work. ITL, a subsidiary of CapTrain have a yard at Pirna, so it would be really fitting to have some rolling stock from them. The CapTrain Vectron could come with some interesting rolling stock and operations to make it worth the price.

Layers

The route would be a good fit for additional layers, some of which are already in game, others already announced. As these trains are already in game, or coming to it I'll not go into much detail.

Passenger
    • DB BR 182: Operating the S1 and S2 services with VVO DoStos. The BR 182 stopped running these services at the end of 2015, but they would still be fun to see and it would offer some extra value to that DLC.
    • DB BR 146.2 (from Riesa - Dresden): Operating the S1 rush hour and S2 services with VVO DoStos.
    • DB BR 143 (from Riesa - Dresden): Operating the S2 services with VVO DoStos.
    Freight
    • BR 143/155/182 (DB and MRCE)/185 (DB and MRCE)/187: Operating freight services within the German borders, so no further than Bad Schandau.
    • BR 232: Operating freight services all across the line, because it's a diesel locomotive, it can run on both sides of the border, though I do not know about safety systems. In real life this loco can be seen around the area.
    • BR 363/204/(maybe vossloh G6): Shunting services at Dresden Friedrichstadt, and other yards on the German side of the border. The 204 could also operate short freight services/deliveries. The 204 can also be seen in ITL and Captrain liveries here, the DB one could possibily substitute for those. These locos are currently only playable on one route, this would give their DLC more value.

Conclusion
    The Elbtalstrecke is a scenic route along the Elbe, crossing from Germany into the Czech Republic. It offers some new and unique rolling stock as standard and as possible DLC. I can't use any Czech sources since I do not speak it, and may have made other mistakes, so please let me know if you have more info about the route. It also might be better to let the route come with the DB BR 180/ČD 372 as standard (possibly replacing the BR 642), let me know your thoughts on this. Also check out my other suggestions: Rhein-Wupper-Bahn: Wuppertal - Köln and Enschede - Amersfoort CS

Pictures

[​IMG]
    A ČD 372 hauling a freight train at Dolní Žleb, just south of the border crossing

[​IMG]
    The castle at Königstein, in the background you can see the railway line.

[​IMG]
    A ČD 193 near Schmilka-Hirschmühle

[​IMG]
    A BR 182 from the Dresden S-bahn (BR 182 operations stopped in december of 2015), in Königstein.

[​IMG]
    A ČD 372 in the Elbe valley

[​IMG]
    A ČD 193 (from their Cargo division), with a train full of new cars.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 66
  2. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

The Dostos are from the 4th Generation and are nearly the same as the Dostos from RSN/the BR 182 DLC. The Locos are the BR 143 (S1 (rare), S2, S1 additional rush hour trains (aka S1V), the BR 146.0 (S1, S1V (rare), the BR 146.2 (S1 (rare), S2, S1V) and in the past also the BR 182. The S1 has 4 Dostos, the S2 and S1V have 2 Dostos.

3. jolojonasgames

I think I lost count of my Dostos again :). I won't specify the BR146 subclasses, as the 146 we cufrently have in game would substitute for all of them.
    Thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 2
  4. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

I would like a TRAXX 1 as the DB BR 146.0 and DB BR 185.0

5. jolojonasgames

They would be nice, might add the 146.0 as possible DLC for this route later ;). The 185.0 would be better for a different route.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jolojonasgames

Added the 146.0, some of its advertisement liveries and the VVO DoSto coaches to the suggestion.

7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes. I can't even count how many times I've been on this route and it's one of my favourites. I remember ČD 810s running between Děčín and Bad Schandau... what a memory :D

Although I would probably move this DLC a bit towards the 2010s, make 371/372/180 the main focus of the DLC as its basically one loco doing a variety of tasks and have 642 do the Bad Schandau services. 143s, 182s and 146s layering in to add the S-Bahns, 185.5s and 232s for the freight across the whole route, 185.2 taking over in Bad Schandau. Back then you could see basically all these there, a big crazy mess :D

Also if DTG felt brave, they could stretch it to Ústí nad Labem - the line splits in Děčín to both sides of the river, one mainly freight, one mainly passenger-focused... though this would need an introduction of some Czech regional train.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

Good points, there is a lot of room for moving around what locos come with this route, and I'm not sure what would be right myself. The 2010s indeed seem like a crazy and fun mess.

As for the extension to Ústí nad Labem, I did consider it, and it would be very fun. I think it might just be possible. Lets hope DTG adds that too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

This suggestion looks extremely cool. Locos look awesome, landscape looks awesome, and would love to see a new country with a new signalling system and signs and architecture and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

That freight yard is HUGE! The buildings look amazing, I'd love this route on TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jolojonasgames

I'm not sure about the difference in signalling system though, from cab rides it doesn't seem to differ a lot. The part in the Czech Republic is also rather short. For new countries there are better candidates ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is an excellent proposal (and also Monder’s points above) and should be taken into consideration seriously by those that decide what routes to make. It appears to offer so much and the two countries aspect of it could be very interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Now THIS is a good proposal! Lots of diversity, two countries (one of them being new), lots of possibilities for layers, DLCs and so on, honestly would be a day one buy for me!

14. jolojonasgames

I was watching a trainspotting video made along the line, and discovered there was an additional service with the Siemens Desiro between Bad Schandau and Děčín hl.n., so I added it (U28) aswell as the spotting video from BergfelderVideos780. This would give the Desiro a little more reason to be on the line. I also rembered that the 642 runs on part of the Havenbahn Aschaffenburg on MSB, so it might be able to layer there.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  15. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Great suggestion, I like both the route and rolling stock. This is the kind of routes we should be getting (instead of Hamburg - Lübeck)
    But it might be a problem for DTG, 2 completely new locos/MUs are already too much to tackle.

Czechia is also one of the countries I'd love to see in tsw, it has lots of interesting locos and routes.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This might be a bit of a "self-advertisement", but I have some time ago made a Czech route suggestion, that also could be a good introduction for the country (especially considering the fact it has probably the most popular Czech loco in it).
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/czech-route-086-with-class-753-750.21892/
    It would definitely be interesting to see how well a Czech route would perform. Back in the days of Trainz and MSTS being very popular Czech community-created content for those two games was INSANE. 300 km routes made in 2007? No problem. High detailed locos with authentic sounds? Easy. As a kid back then I have spent hours going through content to put into my Trainz 2009. :D So yeah, a good first Czech route might really expand the community. And there's also the fact that Czech routes and locos are also very popular with Germans (the buy Czech model trains like crazy) :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. jolojonasgames

The same goes for my own Dutch proposal, it includes the ICMm and SGMm, and mainly the ICMm is beloved. Many Germans also have an interest in Dutch trains, which like the Czech Republic shows in model trains. I've also heard that there is quite a bit of popular Dutch player content for other sim games like TS. The Netherlands is the one country I'd really like to see, preferably with my proposed route :).

But all in all, more countries would be fun to see. The Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, a bit more of France and maybe even Luxembourg.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This will be an excellent addition to the game and that involves switching from German former German Democratic Republic East Germany 15kv 16.7hz Sifa PZB into Czechoslovakian 3kv DC/25kv 50 hz LS90 signaling system. The other train that goes through this routing is the CZ ÖBB DB Railjet Vindobona Express. This video by the German TV broadcaster MDR shows what that trains looks like on the inside . The video is only in German language. It uses the DB BR 182 25kv 50hz 15kv 16.7hz & 3kv DC version ÖBB 1216 locomotive although it can be substituted for a CD Class 380 locomotive also capable of operating 15kv 16.7hz 25kv 50hz & 3kv DC like ÖBB 1216. In Germany Czech Railways class 380 is the DB Class 102 without Czechoslovakian LS90 25kv 50hz & 3kv DC systems. If you own this route then you should be able to use DB Class 180 East German DR Class 230 Czech railways 371/372 on West Germany routes. They are the following Rhein Ruhr Nord Rhein Ruhr Osten Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden & Köln to Aachen. Oddly the Dosto can be Codebreak to say Aschaffenburg Hbf even though you are going to Decin from Dresden for Fun.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  19. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

380 cannot substitute for 1216 as it:
    -doesn't have Railjet codes to communicate with the rest of the set, so it can't be paired with it
    -isn't allowed to be used in Germany due to very poor reliability
    -is allocated to only national routes or rarely some international trains to Hungary or Austria
    The German version (Br 102) is delayed heavily, in ongoing testing for years and same as 380... breaks down quite frequently same as the cars made for it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about CD Class 380 locomotive issues. Once it's ongoing problems are fixed will it be added to the game as a DLC locomotive complete with it's own scenario complete with a voltage and signal change tutorial. In this case East Germany PZB Sifa 86 to LS Czechoslovakia complete with Voltage change 15kv 16.7hz to Czechoslovakia 25kv 50hz & 3kv DC.

21. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

TBH the first locos of class 380 have been made more than 12 years ago and they're not doing fine even after dozens of improvements. Don't see these making an appearance and frankly it's probably the very last Czech loco that SHOULD be made in-game.

22. driverwoods#1787

Got it And what route they should be doing in game if I had to guess I'm guessing this route Brünn Brno-Wien 25kv 50hz Czechoslovakian LS to German Austria PZB LZB Sifa 15kv 16.7hz. 3kv DC Segment is Decin-Prague-Brno. If combined those are you get Dresden-Decin-Prague-Brno-Wien Hbf. There can be a bundle for them for this route combined with CZ Intercity Coaches for this route or tow an out of order 1216 back to Decin. If there's a timetable mode for this route the print timetables produced by Deutsche Bahn use Teschen for Decin

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  23. jolojonasgames

A video that shows the Railway infrastructure and operations around Dresden, the EC and S-bahn services from this proposal can be seen a lot in this video. It shows off both the Dresen Hauptbahnhof, and Dresden Neustadt, both of which are included with this proposal.

• Like Like x 1
  24. jolojonasgames

A video showing off the trains passing through or stopping at Pirna, I hope this gives a good image of the railway operations on the route.

25. driverwoods#1787

The interesting part on the train destination panel is that it goes Czech name then German name in parentheses so it's this Decin (Bodenbach) furthermore if you need to run a train the scenario or time table mode final destination is Vienna. Destination panel on the side will use Berlin Dresden-Decin(Bodenbach)-Prague (Prag)-Brno(Brünn)-Wien. This Wikipedia article of German names for Czech cities should help you

• Like Like x 1
  26. jolojonasgames

Yes, that is how it happens IRL, and I hope DTG does the destination boards correctly, although I wouldn't know why they wouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  27. jolojonasgames

With the Rush Hour announcement we now know Dresden is coming to TSW (and the steam page mentions a lot of S-bahn branches too!). This means that the basis of the Dresden S-bahn will already be in game if this route ever gets added, allowing for realistic and fun S-bahn layers from the start. Combined with my suggestion for joining routes (or other types of route merger), this route could also be linked to Riesa - Dresden, allowing for full S-bahn services.

All in all I'm looking forward to Rush Hour, and I hope that Dresden already being in game increases the chances of this route coming too, as it is very scenic, and could provide some interesing rolling stock.

• Like Like x 2
  28. jolojonasgames

A video in German, that shows historical and near current day recordings of the route, enjoy! :)

29. jolojonasgames

I have now added the CapTrain Vectrons to the DLC options.

30. jolojonasgames

I have overhauled my suggestion somewhat. The standard included locos have changed to offer a better mix of passenger and freight from the start. I also made a short explaination as to why this route would be very different from Riesa - Dresden.

31. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

How much of the stock from this route would be able to sub on to the Dresden-Riesa route we are getting for rush hour?

32. jolojonasgames

The ČD 193 Vectron and DB BR 180/ČD 372/371 can only run freight services on Riesa - Dresden, as the Eurocity Berlin - Prague splits off just after Dresden-Neustadt.

However the following could substitute (without new services having to be created) onto Riesa - Dresden.

Passenger:
    • BR 146.0: on S-bahn services
    Freight:
    • BR 145
    • BR 189
    • BR 193 (Captrain Vectron)
    • DB BR 180/ČD 372/371
    • ČD 193 Vectron

33. Mephrite

Mephrite Active Member

Dresden-Neustadt - Děčín would be awesome, but more realistic to realize would be Dresden - Schöna. DTG have no experience with Czech railroad. Sächsische Schweiz in TSW on Unreal Engine 4 could look incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  34. jolojonasgames

You have a point with the systems, but still it isn't too long lengthwise, and developing Czech systems for this route makes later Czech easier to make, and the systems change could be really interesting. Still, that'a a decision up to DTG.

I also thinkt the Sächsische Schweiz could look great in TSW, definetely with the recent Cane Creek screenshots in mind, which showed some amazing rocks.

35. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I would definitely buy this route. Driving a train according to CD D1 regulations would be excellent. And I've been waiting for a long time for a Vectron locomotive. Thank you for a very nice suggestion.

IMG_20210405_130918.jpg IMG_20210316_170730.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  36. driverwoods#1787

You mean CD Czech Class 383 locomotive and I remember you posted something on the PC forums about the PZB speed table and that table should be helpful here on this route. Not sure if Mirel LS90 does have a mode switch between heavy freight and Passenger just like PZB

37. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

The Mirel security system can calculate the braking curve from the vehicle speed. However, not from waypoints like ETCS and does not know the actual section size. It also shows a signal in the driver's cab. Mirel works in the modes shift, operation, lockout, suspension. Speed is determined by the slowest car on the train and the braking percentage.

• Like Like x 3
  38. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

So it’s about time they got some , right ?

• Like Like x 3
  39. jolojonasgames

A video showing off the huge diversity of (electric) rolling stock in the Elbtal. I hope this helps you all get a better image of what makes this route so interesting. Also please note the scenery, which is quite different from both Riesa - Dresden and the scenery we'll get on Dresden - Chemnitz, making this the perfect route to finish of the Dresden S-bahn and a good candidate for future mergers (with both other Dresden-based routes).

• Like Like x 1
  40. driverwoods#1787

Besides the DB BR143 from Riesa-Dresden and Dresden Chemnitz (Karl Marx Stadt) there's also ÖBB1216 these operate Berlin Dresden Prag Brünn Wien Graz Services. If DTG makes Austrian routes for TSW2 then have that layer to this route. Long-term plans for DTG is bundle Dresden Riesa Dresden Chemnitz and Dresden Schöna Decin this route as Rapid Transit Dresden. Since the S2 runs up to the airport Flughafen Dresden Klotzsche from Pirna ElbtalBahn can be the impetus to finish Airport Branch on Riesa-Dresden to make S2 S-Bahn Dresden drivable.

• Like Like x 1
  41. jolojonasgames

Including the S2 branch at the end of this route is certainly possible, and would make sense, as is would give you all of S2 on this route. We'll see about that, I don't even know if it ever is going to be developed, let alone with which branches for now :).

• Like Like x 1
  42. driverwoods#1787

Good question let's wait and see in the Developer community feedback if they want S2 up to Flughafen Dresden Klotzsche finished. If completed S2 takes 43 Minutes to run Pirna Flughafen Dresden Klotzsche. Dresden Riesa then ElbtalBahn owned S1 is 95 Minutes from Meißen to the Border Station Schöna.

• Like Like x 1
  43. jolojonasgames

A recently uploaded German video showing of the BR 180 and it's Czech cousins. It contains some footage I hadn't seen before and talks a lot about the way these locomotives operated on the Elbtalstrecke. It might contain some good reference material.

Also, in light of the recent(-ish) announcement of Dresden - Chemnitz, this route is statring to become a more and more interesting oppertunity to add in the last piece of the S-bahn Dresden network, especially as the S2 branch to Dresden-Flughafen could also be included in this route (it would actually make a lot of sense, as it would give this route the entirety of S2). Perhaps one day we'll see this route too, and perhaps even a merger with the other ones.

I would also understand if the current amount of Dresden-based routes would turn players of this suggestion. I am still convinced that it's unique scenery and Czech rolling stock would make it very different to the other Dresden-based routes and a worthwhile addition to the game.

• Like Like x 2
  44. driverwoods#1787

DB BR 180 be doing two things on this route and Dresden Chemnitz Karl Marx Stadt Tharandter Rampe route and Riesa-Dresden routes both freight and passenger services. Combine this route with Riesa-Dresden and Dresden Chemnitz (Karl Marx Stadt) you get Rapid Transit Dresden Pack for the same price as all normal DLC routes.

45. Sap1k

Sap1k New Member

Small correction, the RE20 is operated with ČD trains, more specifically the ČD Class 371.
    See this video for an overview of how it looks:

46. jolojonasgames

Yes, I believe this has indeed now changed. When I made this suggestion originally all available information listed the BR 642 as the rolling stock for RE20. Perhaps this has changed because more class 371 locos are available due to their replacement on both EC and freight services by the Siemens Vectron.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

This is such a good route! I really going to buy it when it releases!

• Like Like x 1
  48. jolojonasgames

Sadly there's no confirmation it ever will. I'll keep hoping though!

49. driverwoods#1787

Let's wait and see if they have the knowledge to do the former Czechoslovakia Mirel and 25kv 50hz 3kv DC systems. This one is 3kv DC Decin to the German Border Schöna end of S1. 15kv Schöna to Meißen assuming DTG Links this route with Riesa-Dresden and Dresden Chemnitz Karl Marx Stadt Tharandter Rampe route. DB BR145 overlaps with DB BR143 & 112 for the ability to do Freight and Doppelstockwagen.

50. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

I wanted to create a similar topic to discuss this particular route!
    But the author of the topic, presented it, is even more detailed and more accurate!
    I certainly support this option for a possible route!

A really beautiful route that passes 2/3 of its part through mountainous terrain, with tunnels, rocks, along the banks of the river, against the background of old fortresses!
    As the Russian poet-singer Vladimir Vysotsky said "... better than mountains, there can only be mountains !!! ..."
    For those who do not know - the city of Děčín is Czech Switzerland!

This is a very interesting route option from the point of view of continuing the development of the Dresden station junction!
    Interesting is the change in the type of current, the passage of the state border and the appearance of a new country in TSW, including making the most of the already created DTG database for the Dresden station, all German railway systems and rolling stock!

The video materials are not mine!

• Like Like x 2