Roadmap Update - 9th March 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 9, 2021.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Why? Because they work on an extensive core upgrade for free? Also they sold 3 routes, 2 of them completely new with several new locos for the price of just one route. And if you want - the core upgrade is for free then.

• Like Like x 10
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

But TS2022 and TSW2022 isn't the same. The W should make that clear

• Like Like x 4
  3. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

Lets hope that we will get new dostos with the right doors

• Like Like x 2
  4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Still doesn't stop people from posting in the wrong forum....

• Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

I'll answer that question for you. Sam confirmed the next yearly core tsw update will be free

• Like Like x 4
  6. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

People did want a Scottish Route but I don't think I have ever seen someone say anything about wanting Cathcart Circle

• Like Like x 6
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

Neither have I

• Like Like x 4
  9. tallboy7648

Probably is just a mistake

• Like Like x 2
  10. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

So Catchart circle is confirmed to only come with the 314? So that means that after Arosa and Clinchfield release, the next 3 routes will all feature only reused locos... very nice. Good news for my wallet I guess

At least I understand why Skyhook is doing it

• Like Like x 10
  11. TSargent

TSargent New Member

When will we see the next updates or DLC added to Sand Patch Grade? Been awaiting some new SPG for a while now!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This month is getting packed with releases. My guess is we will have 2 next Thursdays both with a release (Arosa, CRR), probably a little gap before Hamburg.
    I like M7 and M3 getting Livery Designer compatibility AND audio improvement (hopefully a big one).

Question for the stream (Adam especially): Any news on the EMD dynamic brakes problem?

• Like Like x 3
  13. solicitr

Um, notice that all these fixes are in the Upcoming section, and all to LIRR which we know Adam's team have finished with. In other words, just like Sam said two weeks ago, they are only putting fixes in the Roadmap that have been completed.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, This is just my annotations of the upcoming section of the roadmap.

Note: This is primarily based on LIRR issues as this was the most recent issues that are being worked on.
    Note: I am in no way nitpicking or calling out issues, simply addressed them in my opinion and trying to give a general consensus about what is going on. I love to annotate and identify issues and fixes that are prominent in the roadmap items. In this case it's the LIRR primarily.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    LIRR Fixes 2.png LIRR Fixes 1.png

• Like Like x 2
  15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see why Track IR has been removed from the roadmap.

• Like Like x 4
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

*QUESTIONS FOR THE LIVE STREAM*

Hello, me again. Firstly, in this new roadmap style, the main focus of the preservation crew is stated, which is fine. All I want to know is if they are also still working through the backlog of non-preserved collection bugs from the three routes included in TSW2 base bundle and subsequent releases? It has been a long wait for the dynamic brakes on the AC4400 to be fixed. It’s the poster boy of the game and a key component still doesn’t work correctly. It was previously on the roadmap. EDIT - Answer from live stream - no comment made on this issue other than fixes for SPG are not currently happening.

Secondly, there have been a lot of fixes for the Class 465 post-release but when the C40-8W was released with the Banking Comms inoperable, that has not been touched or referred to ever again. There are many services that it cannot be used on because of this. I sort of bought it as a replacement for the broken AC4400 but it too has a major issue still outstanding. Answer from stream - as above

Also, is there any info on the current issue that has affected the dynamic brakes of some locos, which appears to have been caused by the 2nd March update but has been partially fixed by today’s update. Adam will know what I’m referring to. What has caused it, and why is it now sort of working?
    Answer from stream - Adam was not aware that a fix had been done so needs investigation and anyone having the problem should report it.

EDIT - the issue isn’t fixed on PS4

These all relate mainly to SPG which is becoming a difficult route to trust the locos on with these issues. SPG did get a pass of fixes but obviously there were some still outstanding. Do we now need to wait until it comes around again for another pass before anything can be looked at, or are those issues being disregarded now?

It’s tricky now but for bugs we are back to not knowing anything until a fix is done, so all I can do is ask about it!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  17. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

From what i know DTG was only allowed to Announce the Class 314 for the scottish route as of now so that maybe explains why

• Like Like x 4
  18. solicitr

I would guess Clinchfield will release on Thurs April 1, which would be two months after SEHS. DTG seem to be releasing a TSW2 route every 60 days approximately; in the first six months there were three. Third parties like Rivet are on their own timetable; the fact that Arosa's been bumped above Clinchfield in this roadmap suggests things are running a little ahead of schedule for them.

• Like Like x 2
  19. tallboy7648

Probably

• Like Like x 1
  20. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

All 3 tsw2 routes were new ?

• Like Like x 2
  21. loeffler.marcel

loeffler.marcel Member

"We're entering a very busy period of the year for new releases. Arosalinie, Clinchfield Railroad and Hamburg-Lübeck launches all coming up soon. "

Thats sounds very good... I can't wait for it.

Btw. some of the comments make me feel sick....

• Like Like x 7
  22. tallboy7648

Two of them were. The Bakerloo Line and SKA were new routes. Sand Patch Grade technically was new for console players but it wasn't new for pc players since it was effectively CSX Heavy Haul but a much improved version of the route

• Like Like x 4
  23. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Maybe because the 385 doesn’t run regularly on the Cathcart Circle, plus the route is set post 2011, before the 385 was even built..

Though I haven’t seen any request for the Cathcart Circle to be made. Bit of an odd choice if you ask me.

• Like Like x 5
  24. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Looking at this roadmap, is Clinchfield any closer than it was last time? It looks like Arosa has moved above it in the standings, which is fine if that's your thing. The Roadmap is beginning to remind me of the League standings- who's up, who's down. I was expecting Clinchfield to move up to Next Arrivals.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

*Questions for the livestream*

1- Why we can't use the Br Class 33 and 52 on other routes like East Coastway and Southeastern High Speed? (the Railtours) in Train Simulator (TS) you could use a loco DLC in multiple routes and they usually come with multiple liveries...

2 - Why routes like West Somerset, Ruhr Sieg and Rapid Transit still without AI cars on roads? They really help with immersion
    3 - There's lot's of trains missing sounds, they will receive attention for the preservation crew? (ex. BR Class 47 on Transpennine missing running sounds PS4/ and the Peninsula DLC loco MP36 missing brake air sound when releasing like in the F40)

• Like Like x 3
  26. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

I hope that Cathcart Circle will include Neilston and Newton branches. otherwise it would be an incredibly short route

The choice of the class 314 was probably because DTG can reuse the modelling, physics and traction motor sounds from the upcoming class 313 for East Coastway. Instead of 3rd rail traction shoes, an overhead pantograph and a different interior and exterior.

A class 318/320/334 would have been better

• Like Like x 4
  27. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Seems odd to add the new skies to LIRR but not to ECW alongside the PIS.

I’d rather hoped they would have been added across all routes by now.

• Like Like x 5
  28. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Why hasn’t there been any work on the invisible wall bug on Bay Area Breakdown?

• Like Like x 1
  29. tallboy7648

It was probably made as a experiment to gauge how popular a scottish route would be even though there have been many requests for a route in scotland, manily the Fife Circle Line. Sorta like the Bakerloo line experiment. It's quite annoying that they do these "experiments" to be honest. Makes some of the content feel like "beta"

• Like Like x 5
  30. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

At least I'm hoping the AC4400CW that will come with Skyhook is reworked to include the standard trucks that the Union Pacific uses and with the number boards above the cab.

• Like Like x 3
  31. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

But that's the thing, with Hamburg Lübeck in upcoming, the team is technically not working on anything at the moment apart from the Glasgow route, which is hard to believe. They are certainly working on the new routes, but I guess we'll only what they are once significant work has been put in, as said in the text, over the next months....
    And then, why would there be an "In Planning" section if the roadmap is only for stuff half finished through production?

• Like Like x 4
  32. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Elephant in the room...

I posted on the PS part of the forum earlier..

does someone want to ask on the stream later why we have the Arosa Line trophies in today’s 1.25/26 update?

is it a here’s what you could have won (reflecting of the fail that was just 4 for IOW?)

the update history clearly states diesel legends. And content improvements.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

Does the PlayStation Store have sales?
    There are always games on sale in the playstation store. Games are on offer 24/7. However normally every 2–3 months playstation will hold a massive sale where a large number of games go on sale at heavy discounts. Most are celebratory like the summer sales, black friday sales and new year sales.

no March Discounts

• Like Like x 2
  34. tallboy7648

There aren't as much frequent sales for tsw2 on xbox sadily

• Like Like x 3
  35. Coastway trainspotter

Dlc is quite often on sale on PlayStation and pc but not so often on Xbox , however dtg can’t choose when a sale happens

• Like Like x 2
  36. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

Agree

• Like Like x 2
  37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They are all in Upcoming which means they are essentially made and going through QA and beta testing and such. How long it is until they release is largely up to what those processes bring up. It won’t be long now.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Crosstie

And properly working dynamic brakes, unlike the CSX version currently, though the grade profile on Cane Creek will be different than SPG.

• Like Like x 2
  39. DavidY

DavidY New Member

I'm a total newbie here (but have watched some streams) so this is my first post... be gentle etc.
    I'm also shamelessly copying a format from above.

*QUESTIONS FOR THE LIVE STREAM*
    • Have you ever considered building in a telemetry-gathering feature to allow users to report a problem (eg. scenarios which can't be completed) and send the current game state to DTG?

• I'm not sure if this is a roadmap question or a request for a whole stream - *why* is it tricky to get sounds right? And what do you have to do to incorporate them into the game?
      Simplistically you just get a microphone, find a train, record a few sounds and then play them back in the game - but I imagine there's a lot more to it than that...?

• Like Like x 2
  40. Coastway trainspotter

A lot of work goes into getting the sounds , you need the right microphone , and you need to be able to implement that onto an loco

• Like Like x 2
  41. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Possibly because LIRR is the first route the preservation team have heavily focused on. There have been some fixes for ECW, but not a full project like we've seen mentioned for LIRR.

Now they're on to RT and MSB, we might see the TSW 2 sky implemented here. Once they turn their focus to ECW, hopefully it will be implemented.

Just a theory, and I could be wrong. But, if they are able to implement the improved sky in one route, hopefully they'll eventually do it with the rest :)

• Like Like x 2
  42. Coastway trainspotter

Hopefully

• Like Like x 1
  43. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

I really hope it has a control stand instead of a control desk as well. 90% of US freight locos now have the AAR stand instead of the desk.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Coastway trainspotter

What’s wrong with the current dosto doors ?

• Like Like x 1
  45. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  46. DavidY

DavidY New Member

I don't doubt it (hence my comment that I imagine there's a lot more to it)
    The sort of things you mention are exactly why I think it might be an interesting topic for the DTG folks to expand on.

• Like Like x 2
  47. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

No console optimization for LIRR? As a preserved content in TSW2, it is by far the worst add-on in terms of performances. You improved the draw distance without any real optimization process. The result is the unacceptable framerate at Penn Station. Unplayable.

• Like Like x 4
  48. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Would have liked to see an indication they are working on Save/Load integrity, so you don't lose your Timetable run or everything just stays at a standstill. Maybe that will be one of the core fixes (maybe).

• Like Like x 3
  49. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

the placement of the doors they should be above the bogies if you watch any trainspoting videos of Hamburg HBF you will see what I'm talking about

• Like Like x 2
  50. Crosstie

You know, I don't know about other routes, which I usually complete in one session, but they must have fixed SPG, because I've been saving and reloading on that route without problems the last couple of months.

• Like Like x 1