Rocky Mountaineer: Banff - Lake Louise

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BlackTabby, Feb 16, 2021.

?
  1. North Vancouver - Whistler

43.8%
  2. Banff - Lake Louise

12.5%
  3. Any Rocky Mountaineer route

43.8%
  1. BlackTabby

BlackTabby Active Member

I posted a thread about the Rocky Mountaineer (link here), suggesting the route from North Vancouver to Whistler, but it did not seem very popular. So how about the Banff to Lake Louise section of the 'First Passage to the West' route?

[​IMG]
    GoldLeaf coaches Image Source: Railcolor News

[​IMG]
    SilverLeaf coach (above), SilverLeaf coach interior (below) Image Sources: Railway News & The Man in Seat 61
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GoldLeaf coach upper level seating (above) and lower level dining (below)
    Image Sources: The Man in Seat 61
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rocky Mountaineer GP40-2 locomotives Image Source: thedieselshop.us

• Like Like x 6
  2. Southerner

Southerner New Member

I haven't had the chance to ride it yet, but for such a well known train I am surprised it isn't already available even if it is only seasonal. One day hopefully I will make it up there to do so. I cannot weigh in on one route over the other but am sure either would suffice for me. Seems it could also make a good scenario pack for the Canadian Mountain Pass DLC as well from what I can tell, but not sure the routes are the exactly same nor if it would even stop at Revelstoke so possibly an add on would be needed to get to Kamloops. I am still new to the community but the scenic routes so far are my favorites.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean sister game Train Sim 21 Canadian Mountain Pass DLC. Speaking of the Rocky Mountaineer it used to have a Seattle, WA to Vancouver, BC segment till cancelation in 2019-2020. If they did the Rocky Mountaineer in 2018-2019 you would have gotten also the Seattle to Vancouver Leg distance is 170 mi 270 km.

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I voted for the BC Rail route. However before a route of this nature could be contemplated, they absolutely need to sort out the appearance of distant mountains unless Arosa is an anamoly.

6. Southerner

Southerner New Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct because this thing runs on Unreal Engine the same game engine that is known for Gears of War fortnite Battle Royale in Borderlands.