Dutch Route Suggestion: Enschede To Amersfoort Cs With Icmm And Sgmm

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Dec 22, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

86.4%
  2. Maybe, if it's on sale

9.3%
  3. No

4.2%
  1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I read that they wanted to do that (we had two major accidents just in the past month here), but I hadn't yet seen pictures of it. It looks very british to me, at least the colour still matches the yellow on the rest of the train. Personnaly I could get used to it I think.

2. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

But the SNG is also known for weak (very weak) lights, so maybe this will only come for the SNG.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jolojonasgames

I have now edited in info about the Almelo industrial area, which could come with a NS 6400 DLC, to the original post. This is a great opportunity to add in not only a lot of steel coil transports and shunting, but also one of the best ways to get military transports into the game! The Almelo industrial area has a military dump with a rail connection, on which the NS 6400 could transport old tanks and other military vehicles. I think that that would interest a lot of players into this route and the NS 6400 DLC.

4. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I must say, considering how diverse the rolling stock is, this is a must have in my eyes. Perfect mixture, and also another country to add to the list :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. jolojonasgames

The thing I like most about the variety is that a lot of old stock spent/is spending it's final days here. I'll miss the sounds of the SGMm when they're completely gone, and I'm already missing the 1700 with DD-AR coaches and their fantastic look.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jolojonasgames

I have now added a map of the Industrial area near Almelo in the NS 6400 section. This area would allow some interesting scenarios and operations for the NS 6400, definetly if it comes with military transport wagons (with trucks or maybe even tanks on them) and steel coil wagons.

The map can also be seen below.
    [​IMG]

7. jolojonasgames

In light of the recent attention for Dutch routes I'd like to add that among other popular suggestions, this one is also still doing quite well (thanks for the support this far :)). With more then one passenger train every 7½ minutes and additional freight services, this route is a good candidate for the Rush Hour update (as are other Dutch suggestions). The unique operations as described in my post, with 4 trains on just 2 platforms are a result of the dense traffic on the Dutch railways, and would be a perfect example of rush hour operations.

I'd also like to encourage people that have read the suggesgion before, but decided not to like it, to read the suggestion again. Things have been changed to better reflect the variety of gameplay and rolling stock on this route, and many will like it better now.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

It could be very indeed something for the Rush Hour. You have even at some moments that every minute a train goes into the station and at the same time one departs.

9. jolojonasgames

Yes, on this line it happens especially often at Almelo station, where trains terminate at the same platform as through trains.

10. jolojonasgames

Hi all,
    In my suggestion I mentioned the the NS 1600 could come in a NS 1700/1600 pack. I also mentioned it be the easiest to model it with the same NS livery as the NS 1700 due to licensing. However, I'd like to give you all some pictures of the ex-NS 1600s that are now privately owned. If DTG does ever happen to get a license, it would still be fun to see these liveries, and of course players could create them in the Livery Editor.

[​IMG]
    Overview of the many different liveries used by private operators.

[​IMG]
    1609 in the paint scheme of HUSA transportation

[​IMG]
    LOCON 9902 in 2016

[​IMG]
    Rail Force One 1829 in 2018

[​IMG]
    1619, owned by Captrain, painted in a livery that looks a lot like the one the French counterparts of the 1600 once wore.

[​IMG]
    1832, owned by HSL, in Amersfoort CS in october of 2015

[​IMG]
    1619 and 1621 from Captrain

[​IMG]
    DB Cargo 1616, DB Cargo phased out the 1600s in 2020, a year after this route is set.

[​IMG]
    Railpromo 101001. This loco can be most often seen on the route I suggested. It was used to haul a restaurant train on excursions, but nowadays hauls freight, mostly on routes near the German and Belgian borders.

[​IMG]
    Strukton 1824 hauling a train of 1600/1800s and two DD-AR cab cars. These locos will also be modified by Strukton like the 1824 already has been. Strukton is a railway maintenance company, and they use their 1600/1800s for construction trains.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jolojonasgames

An interesting cab view you all might like. I saw it because diamondderp shared it in another forum thread.
    This cab view is really interesting, it takes us from Enschede to Deventer, but there is an unscheduled stop at Wierden station, where Intercities usually don't stop. The reason for this is that we have to take stranded passengers from an international train, because that train has had it's windows thrown in by vandals. This could also make for an interesting scenario ;). Besides that, the video also gives a great view of the cab of an ICMm train.

12. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

You forgot Railion. :P

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

And the DB Cargo 1600 ;)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

He listed that exact same image ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

oh.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jolojonasgames

That made my day :)

17. jolojonasgames

I added some more information, going into depth on the quite unique controls of the SGMm, which is operated not by a lever, but by buttons with which the driver selects speed (an auxilliary power handle is available). It's a lot like the AFB controls on the BR 143, but with buttons.

18. carlingamesnl

carlingamesnl Member

I think at Amersfoort maybe the PON-lijn could be added for the freight train that goes down there every now and then

• Like Like x 1
  19. jolojonasgames

That's a good idea for if the NS 6400 gets added! :)

20. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Only two of them are easy to add Rallion Netherlands owned by Deutsche Bahn and CapTrain Netherlands owned by SNCF. Because Dovetail games already have the license for the parent companies SNCF & Deutsche Bahn

• Like Like x 1
  21. renaldo444

renaldo444 Member

I think we only can dream about this routes and trains.

But stil I have hope that it will came as soon as possible i would definitely buy it!

Hopefully with the trains included
    ICMm, Virm.

As dlc series 1700

• Like Like x 2
  22. jolojonasgames

I'd like to see all those trains too, however, the ICMm and VIRM are both IC trains, meaning there wouldn't be a train to operate the local Sprinter services. That's why I included the SGMm (that does operate Sprinter services) as standard instead of the VIRM. Personally I hope that both the Series 1700 and VIRM will be DLC, or layer in from another Dutch route.

• Like Like x 1
  23. renaldo444

renaldo444 Member

Every Dutch route is welcome from Zwolle to Groningen

Den haag to Schiphol at least a Dutch route :love:

Have a nice day

24. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I really like this suggestion. We definitely need a Dutch route in TSW. And hopefully it wouldn't stay only one route but there are multiple routes released later.

One thing completely based on personal taste I would like to change is that I would like more modern trains in this add on as the default trains. So for me at least the SGMm should be changed to a SNG. And maybe even a VIRMm instead of the ICMm. But the ICMm would also be highly appreciated by me.

Another suggestion I have (although I'm not sure it's the best idea for this route): We know that DTG tries to only have one completely new vehicle per route. The second one is usually mostly "recycled". Because of that my idea would be that DTG does a German route where the FLIRT 3 is the new train and after that they can do a Dutch route with the VIRMm or the ICMm and the FLIRT 3 as the "recycled" train. But as I said maybe another route is more fitting for that approach.

• Like Like x 1
  25. jolojonasgames

The FLIRT 3 might be a good idea to get the FLIRT in on multiple Dutch, German and even other routes. However, the NS FLIRT unfortunately doesn't operate on this line, it mostly operates in the south of the Netherlands. There are Keolis FLIRT 3 sets on this route, but just between Enschede and Wierden, which isn't very far.

• Like Like x 1
  26. jolojonasgames

An interesting cab ride, as the train gets stuck behind a broken down FLIRT, which is has to overtake on the 'wrong' track at Almelo. This could make for an interesting scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  27. jolojonasgames

I do have some good news. Earlier in this thread I mentioned that the SGMm was being withdrawn from this route. However, due to rolling stock scarcity they have been put back into use on this route. This means that instead of 2019, this route can be set in 2021 aswell. I do however still think 2019 would be better due to the option of the Serie 1600/1700 with DD-AR coaches and the freight, local, and IC services (with the German IC coaches) it could provide.

• Like Like x 1
  28. jolojonasgames

Good news! The DDZ sets are back in service (they have been for a month or so, but are now also operating on this line again). This means that they will be easier to do research on, and that they could still be a DLC option if DTG (or a new 3rd party developer) sets this route in 2022. I do still think 2019 is the more interesting year due to the SGMm and 1700+DD-AR still being in service back then, but with the reintroduction of the DDZ 2022 becomes an equally viable option, albeit with the ICMm and SNG as standard (having that many DLC's was unlikely anyways). I'll edit the original post later to keep it up to date.