Sherman Hill [emd Sw10] - Welcome To Cheyenne Reverser Trouble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dkreveller#9240, Mar 28, 2021.

1. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

Hi all,
    I am not sure if this is an common issue or not but. During playing this scenario, the 2nd task was to go via 'reverser point 1' i switched the track as required. Once stationary i put from forward to reverse, applied throttle and the train moved forwards. After switching reverser between F/R it never went backwards.
    For reference, in the scenario the purpose of going backwards is to couple to an rail cart. Forwards is an signal with train going past.
    Anyone have tips on how to fix this issue? or is it just an game bug?

Cheers

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I have completed this scenario successfuly, I can check in on this thread later when I get home.

4. dkreveller#9240

I've reported it as an technical issue, as peter suggested. I'll wait and see what they say. That'd be cool if you are able to, curious to see if it works for you or not.

5. Cyclone

There is no “if”. I took video of the scenario. I completed it three or four times. This was before the latest update though, so it may have changed since I played it. I would have to try it again to see.

Try again and take video if you can.

6. dkreveller#9240

My settings must of been changed at some point, switching from simple to expert I've been able to complete the scenario fine.

7. Cyclone

So it seems the game was expecting you to use Simple controls and not know how to change the reverser yourself, so when you applied the throttle it tried to move you forward. This makes sense. Glad you figured it out!