PlayStation Camera Not Allowed In Tunnels.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Tonto62, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Please can this be fixed? I'm not in the habit of going through Standedge tunnel on the outside of the train but it would be nice to observe the train passing through short tunnels, near Mossley for example, without being thrown unceremoniously back into the driving seat.

• Like Like x 10
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

100% behind you on this. Any part of your train in the tunnel blocks out all your external and headout cameras, leading to much unhappiness when wanting to watch your train disappear into or emerge from the tunnel.

This issue was brought up shortly after the release of TSW2 and as yet no explanation as to why it is as it is, or if it can or will be fixed.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Tonto62

I like to position the outside camera just behind the locomotive in the six foot as if leaning out of the front window. It's more immersive to me as I've never been on a diesel footplate and the sounds are usually better. That's what I was doing this morning, trying out the class 40, expecting the noise level to increase dramatically as the train entered the tunnel and bang......back in the room. It really needs looking at.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

In TSW1 you could always use external cameras in tunnels and it worked fine. They removed that with TSW2 for no apparent reason and it's pretty annoying (especially on SPG where it takes ages for the back of the train to exit the tunnel).
    Also, all echo in tunnels and underpasses dissapeared in TSW2. Running through all the tunnels on RSN makes no difference in sound at all like it used to in TSW1. This is another huge downgrade and quite immersion breaking for me.

• Like Like x 9
  5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Tunnel cameras in TSW1 often clipped outside the tunnels unless you positioned the camera before entering. It wasn't great but I do miss just watching a train enter and leave a tunnel.

6. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I've been complaining about his since the game came out, I don't think they want to change it back, and i really really don't like it, makes me not even want to play 2 really

• Like Like x 2
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s the reason they keep giving in the streams but I don’t think that it’s a full answer. I think it’s because they disabled external cameras for the tight tunnels in Bakerloo and had to do it globally instead of just in that route. If it was due to clipping outside all tunnels they would have disabled it in TSW2020 long ago. If Bakerloo hadn’t been made, we would still have external cameras in (and just outside) tunnels. They need to develop a system where it is the camera that can’t be in the tunnel rather than any part of the train in a tunnel blocking all external cameras. That would work for both us and them.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Tonto62

Provided the camera doesn't contact the tunnel wall it should remain operational. I can see it would be a constant problem in the underground line but on the offside of a train in a double track tunnel there is no reason to disable the camera and we should have the choice to position a camera there as we had in the old game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

That almost never happened to me, I have tons of TSW1 screenshots of locos in RSN's tunnels so that couldn't have been the problem. The fact they removed cameras for BKL is a much more likely reason they did it and it's quite a shame really.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  10. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya exactly I did that all the time, and now when I see a tunnel coming I just get sad and upset, where I used to get excited, cool way to enhance the game experience....

• Like Like x 1
  11. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Oh man I thought I was playing MSTS haha

12. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

At least on MSTS you could use the 2 view as soon as the first loco/car got out of the tunnel :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It is clearly changed. Probably for the Bakerloo Line. It is a bit of an annoying change and not necessary, especially because the whole train must have left the tunnel before the cameras work again.

I support that this should be fixed.

• Like Like x 5
  14. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Exactly you have to leave completely the tunnel to be in exterior view and it’s really annoying when using SPG with long consists

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

ya it doesn't make sense at all, like I said it really takes me away from the experience, which is their goal...

16. Tonto62

Good news. In the Clinchfield stream, Matt drove through a tunnel and the camera didn't revert to the cab view. I hope this can be implemented on all routes if it hasn't been sneaked out already.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya I've been asking for this constantly, and I sure hope they remove this stupid barrier. The Clinchfield route still has locked camera, even though they said it wouldn't, so lets just hope they remove it for all routes

• Like Like x 2
  18. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

I really hope they fix this issue. I love putting the 3 camera in front of the train so I have an unobscured view of the track. I can’t do this in tunnels now which is very frustrating.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Totally agree, I like driving that way myself. It's jarring to suddenly find myself back in the cab.

• Like Like x 3
  20. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Same for PC. I hope this will be corrected soon. Because of the long trains it is very annoying.

• Like Like x 3
  22. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

Yeah, I have to say "ditto" to everything you guys are talking about. My favorite camera angles are Headout Left/Right and Front Boom Camera on the "Classic" controls. I noticed as playing through Clinchfield like you said that when going through a tunnel kicks you back into the drivers seat. With routes like Peninsula Corridor you don't have that. Very Frustrating. I do hope they fix it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

This something from what I know of is by design as stop the camera getting outside of the map which was a thing they made for tsw 2 hence why preserved collection don't have this

24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It was Bakerloo, mostly because they couldn't model all of Central London just in case you used a flying camera while driving under it!

Still doesn't explain why they didn't disable the function for just that route, not globally.