Best Route Addon

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trinity#2970, Apr 10, 2021.

1. trinity#2970

trinity#2970 Member

Hi I want to buy my first route addon but I’m not sure for which one I would go first. I’m thinking of Ruhr sieg nord because it has a separate BR363 loco addon which I like. I wonder what routes you think are the best and why you think that. Thanks for sharing your opinion, regards

2. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

Hi!

Ruhr Sieg Nord is an excellent route, with great scenery and detail, and a large variety of services. Even though the speeds aren't very fast, there's plenty to watch and do. I would highly recommend it, especially if this is your first add on. I don't have the 363, but I've heard a lot of positive about it!

And then there's Main Spessart Bahn. RSN's distant cousin. MSB and RSN share a lot in common, including 2 rolling stock, a hilly setting and both provide layers to other routes, especially MSB.

My personal favourite add on is Hauptstrecke Munchen Augsburg, but there are FPS issues and the lack of layers for console. I recommend HMA after the optimization work has been accomplished.

This can be a very opinionated topic, but for a first purchase, RSN would be an excellent start and will definitely provide you with hours of enjoyment!

Have an awesome day! :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. trinity#2970

trinity#2970 Member

Thanks for your reply! Always appreciate if opinions are wel argued.
    The RSN is a prereserved route. Is there anything I should now when buying for tsw2?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

Well, there are added issues and bugs with the sound of the rolling stock and a few issues with a scenario, both of which Dovetail know about. They will get fixed, we just don't know when.

In current state, the German routes that came as a TSW2 route are far better than the ones from TSW2020, but hopefully, there won't be too much of a "quality inequality" in the not too distant future :)

Have an awesome day

• Like Like x 1
  5. casssp

casssp Member

I think the first thing you need to do before buying a route is to profile yourself, and if possible list the routes you are interested in but have doubts. For example, check my post: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/limited-budget-what-do-you-recommend.37611/

I like any service, passengers or freight, long routes. But I don't like to stop constantly, like Rapid Transit.

My favorites:

• Long Island Rail Road: Yes, although contradictory, here are more express services too, with 1, 2, 3, 4 stops for example. And it is an American route that I prefer in general.
    • Peninsula Corridor: Because there are some express services and has cargo services too. It also has services that stop all the time but I don't play.
    • Northeast Corridor New York: Passenger services with a maximum of 4 stops and cargo services. It does not work on TSW2.
    • Northern Trans-Pennine: Despite having an American focus, in this case it is an exception, because it is an 80's route with old trains, and I like it that way. I plan to buy the BR Freight expansion as soon as possible.
    • Canadian National Oakville Subdivision: This one was purchased by recommendation. Fully industrial services with a multitude of things to do. I don't regret it at all!
    The first 4 routes are included in the Deluxe Edition. Collectors Edition have all these 4 plus Ruhr Sieg Nord.
    All they are part of Preserved Collection for TSW2, except Northeast Corridor New York.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Definitely go for RSN + br 363 as the result is one of the best routes in game. The db br 155 is great too and adds coal services.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

If I were you , I’d get Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr . Lovely route with nice trains to drive , and a busy timetable with lots of AI traffic

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Not really , just be aware that it doesn’t have Raildriver compatibility yet , but will do in the not too distant future

• Like Like x 1
  9. trinity#2970

trinity#2970 Member

thanks appreciate it!
    I think I’m like you, I don’t like to stop that much with passenger runs. I like freight a bit more and definitely don’t like the metro tubes. Mostly dark scenery.
    Based on the videos I see online I think the German routes look better than the American, seems they have bit more detail but don’t know if that really is the case

• Like Like x 2
  10. trinity#2970

trinity#2970 Member

thanks appreciate it! The combination RSN and 363 loco is my first choice now. The 155 does seem as a very quality loco as well

11. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

The BR 155 adds additional coal services as well.

12. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

In terms of German add ons, my favourite is Main spessart bahn and Rhein rhur osten. They both have wonderful scenery and give you several layers on koln Aachen

for English routes East Coastway and Northern TransPennine. Again, brilliant routes with wonderful scenery. Both routes are diverse and different. NTP is good for experienced players and ECW is good for beginners

13. casssp

casssp Member

I think it is more a matter of profile, for example, I recognize that Main Spessart Bahn and Ruhr Sieg Nord have stunning visuals and I found them very well done. What happens is that as I live in the American continent, I end up choosing to buy DLC from my region, because I have no way to buy all the routes (I would like to, but family to support and this covid thing ends up complicating things). With exceptions of course, as I mentioned the Northern Trans-Pennine and Tees Valley Line that I am planning to buy soon.

14. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

if youre a fan of British stuff I recommend southeastern highspped if you dont have it, it comes with high speed services, commuter services, freight services and if you have any of the preserved British locos you can do a rail tour service. the class 465 add on is great in terms of sounds and looks

in terms of American long island rail road is good especially with the Budd m3 add on as it adds more variety of trains, you can also get different train formations for example a 10 car.

Rhur Seig Nord is a good German choice especially with the 363 and 155 as then you get passenger regional services the freight and the shunting with the 363, you also get extra services with the cement wagons for the db br 185

• Like Like x 1