Greenbriar 7

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Apr 18, 2021.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

When I attempt to do the journey, and the grennbriar 7, either when I go back to pick-up the cabose, or if I get the cabose back, and then after the coal loplace after the tunnel I gt stcok by a train that is coming in the other direction that will never move no matter what I do.

How do you ge throught this scenatio

2. Wintermute89

Wintermute89 Member

Others (including myself) have experienced this issue, too. See the following posts: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/clinchfield-tick-list.38808/#post-293854

I managed to solve the issue by racing to Caney Siding, hurrying to drop off and pick up any cars and then head on. By rushing the first part of the service I was fast enough to meet the incoming train at a more southern position where we could pass each other without any issues.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rat7_mobile

How can you rush ?
    I mean, you have to walk to the cabose to set it up, then make sue the back locomotive is setup correctly, and then go to Carney. once at Carney, you have once again to walk to the cabose to un-hook it, then walk about to the locomotive, then back it to release the 12 wagon right at the red board (extremely difficult to do), and badly done in the game), then walk back to the locomotive to pick up again the cabose, but the last attempt, I was no even abel to get to the cabose, as there is a red light an the train inches away blocing me

4. Wintermute89

Wintermute89 Member

You can use the free-roam camera ("8" key on PC; go even faster by pressing shift) to uncouple cars which saves time. Also I went 60 mph to Caney and wasn´t very precise with my stops. My goal was to clear the siding before the incoming train arrived so I was absolutely not playing by the books. :D

There seems to be an issue with the dispatcher in this service as it doesn´t stop the north-bound traineven though both tracks are blocked by the player. :/

5. rat7_mobile

1) I have no idea on how to use the camera to un-hook a wagaon, so it means that I still have to walk all the way to t he correct waon to un-hook it
    2) I found out that if I go any faster than 10KM. it is impossible to stop the train where it must be stopped,

Beside the maximum speed I was able to get with this particular train, was about 25KM, I think the locomotives are weight-down by the crew cabs they each carry, it would be nice to just drop the crew cabs some where, or to just have one for both locomotives

Thanks for the tips

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Use the free camera to fly to the coupler and use the lever to uncouple as on foot

7. rat7_mobile

but with the camera, how do you know which wagon to un-hook, when you walk to the wagon, it will let you know how far you are, then again there is the 5M that is still there even when you are exactly at the correct wagon, but that is for the whole game, not any specific railroad track.

Beside using the camera seem not right, you can not use a camera to do thing in life

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

IRL you have a conductor with you. We are all waiting for multiplayer :)
    Using the free camera - the objective marker remains in its place.

9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I used to think that way, but, as breblimator says, an engineer would not be alone. The camera is like a banking com, simply replacing a real life human.
    And, in many cases, you simply don't have enough time to walk to every switch and coupler.

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The caboose weighs nearly nothing compared to a coal hopper- that isn't slowing you down. You can test this any time you are connected to a caboose alone: look at the train weight, then subtract the locomotives. It turns out it weights 25 tons exactly. Loaded coal hoppers, by contrast, weigh 70 tons (3-bay) or 100 tons (4-bay) each.

11. rat7_mobile

SO basically,I can never finish the scenario, as I can not be fast enough to prevent getting stuck by the other trains :-(

it is then Bye Bye Clnchfield

12. solicitr

Buck up! I did it successfully the first time. But use the map to turn the switches, and the free camera to uncouple.

• Like Like x 1
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Just listen to the advice of people who have already done it and didn't have to nod goodbye to CRR :D

14. rat7_mobile

I am not talking about the cabose at the other end of the train, I am talking about the crew cab that are right behind the grey locomotives, in the greenbriar scenarios, there is always 2 crew cabs, and in some scenarios there is either one or no crew cab, but I seen only the grey locomotive that hae the crew cab

15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

16. rat7_mobile

Well if it can not be done in any other way, but to use the camera, then it is not to be done at all, and since unless you do this scenario you can not complete the journey, so that mean no more Clinchfield :-(

Too bad I love this track

17. Wintermute89

Wintermute89 Member

Even if you for some reason fail to adhere to the advice posted here and can´t finish this particular service there are tons of other services on CRR that provide hours of fun without having to abandon CRR. I wouldn´t let such a hiccup get in my way of enjoying this route, as it is indeed one of the best TSW 2 routes we currently have.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rat7_mobile

It is a very fun one, but the journey can not be done, therefore nothing else is there until the journey is completed

If I can not get pass this greenbriar 7, then the journey is stopped there until it can be completed, and until the journey is completed, the rest can not be done, that is why there is an order, Journey, then Explore (to find more to be done, which is weird, as the trainings and "scenario" are already done in the journey), or the Tools (for the creators expert)

19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

U can pass the scenario and go to the next one ;)

20. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

What the hell is a crew cab?

21. rat7_mobile

How, it will not go to the next one until it is completed unfortunately

22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Settings > Game > Auto-Load Journeys to OFF & now You can choose the part you want to play :)

23. rat7_mobile

there is one of the grey locomotive at a siding that never move, and if you look in the yards, you will see some of the grey locomotive that have a crew cab behind it, an in the grenbriadr, as it is all the same locomotive both locomotive have a crew cab behind them

24. rat7_mobile

Autoplay ON or OFF, the order to do thing is still there, Journey, once the journey is completed then you can use the Explore, and then for the creators (expert) the Tools

So whether the autoplay is ON or OFF, the order remains

25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But You can bypass when OFF. And choose the next Journey part.
    PS You don't have to say bye-bye to CRR and to uninstall the whole game :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They are not crew cabs they are more locomotives. They are B units that are locomotives that have no driving cab. They provide extra power.

• Like Like x 1
  27. rat7_mobile

But the Journey will not be completed if it is by-passed

Until I can get the greenbriar 7 completed, and then do the whole journey, then it is bye-bye to Clinchfield, as nothing else can be played

I still have all the others tracks that I can do, I do have a similar problem with the swiss track, that there is a scenario in the journey that I can not do do, but all the others I can play

28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

what? are you crazy, haha :D
    it has nothing to do - you should get some sleep!

29. rat7_mobile

I am not crazy

I am just following the order the game is made to be played

30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is not mandatory. I made part 7 without any problems. The game is OK.

31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you find something that doesn’t work or that you can’t do, skip it and move on to the next service. Otherwise you will miss out on things you can do because of one glitch. It’s not like other games where you have to do it in order.

32. rat7_mobile

From what you said, you made the greenbirar 7 , but not like it is supoose to be done, by walking to do the un-hook, but by using the wonky camera.

That is your choice obviously, but for me it has to be done the way it is suppose to be done, by walking to setup the train correctly, and to walk to do the un-hooking

And it is also, for me to do the game the way it was design, to do the Journey first, and then go to the Explore

33. rat7_mobile

To me it HAS to be done in the order it lay down, there is a reason why the game was design like it is, what that reason(s) is/are, I can not answer this only the design team can

34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It is only your problem now - good luck! :D I made it without a free camera! But you are impatient. Like I said - your problem.

35. rat7_mobile

Then how di you do it, please provide a step-by-step way to do it (without the camera), as I can not get it to work after over ten attempts

When I was stuck on the siding waiting for the other trains to move I left it for 8hrs, and nothing changed

When I was stuck going to pick-up the the cabose, I left it for 2hrs after I even back my train to free the 3rd siding acess for the train in front of me to use it, but nothing change, after 2 hrs I use the task manager to close the game

36. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

I’ve not done this one yet but rather than rush to beat the AI train to a better location how about waiting a while somewhere or before starting instead so as to meet it elsewhere?

Is that an option?

37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Well, that’s very noble but you are adding to your problems by doing that. It might help you to know that normally there is no order the things are put in the game. It’s fairly random. I can’t help you with this specific problem, just some general advice for you. You can skip bits and the game designers won’t mind.

38. rat7_mobile

It could be an option, but where to wait, in some of the tracks, the oposite train does not appear until you it a certain point in the run to hit a trigger.

But in my case, I take it slowly, when I start the scenario, I set my locomotive, and hen I walk to the other one to setup correctly too, I then walk all the way to the end of the train to setup the cabose, I then walk back to my locomotive to do the run, in which I rarely exceed the 10KM speed, so I do think that I am very slow and the other trains in the opposite direction sholud be passing me before I can get to the cabose dorp/pick-up point

39. solicitr

If you are trying to reproduce real life, that would be done by another employee- the engineer doesn't do it himself!

• Like Like x 2
  40. rat7_mobile

no matter whoever is doing it, someone still have to walk down the train to un-hook the wagons, and it still take some time to do

In the game it is the player that has to do it, but it is still the same, and do not forget that you have to do the un-hook form both side, otherwise it can ot be hooked again

41. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

There is no strict way in which you have to play through the services. The journey is a mode for people who don't know what run they want to do or who are new. You just click and get sent to the next mission.
    If you don't want to use the camera to uncouple, that is your problem.
    If you don't want to skip this one service and go on with the next one, or use the standard timetable mode to just pick a run you want to do, that is also your problem.
    The only way this game is meant to be played is your own way, the mode or the sequence in which you play scenarios and services are really not important...

42. rat7_mobile

Well you can not get access to the EXPLORE part, unless the Journey is completed

as for the use of the camera, I have no idea on how it can be use to un-hook any wagon, as far as I know it is not possible to do, somepeople here have said they done it, I do not know how they do it, and it seem to some kind of loopwhole that was found by some those people, and I have not found it, and it is good for them if they can use this loopwhole

43. breblimator

breblimator Guest

yes you can...

• Like Like x 2
  44. rat7_mobile

not if you play it in the right order it was design
    the otder is as follow :
    JOURNEY (once completed you get to , next line)
    EXPLORE (once completed, you get to next line)
    TOOLS

If you prefer to cheat an not do ti the way it is design, it is your choice, but the right way is the way it was design

45. breblimator

breblimator Guest

where is it written that you have to play this way? show us :D
    it is just the MENU layout - ain't no big ideology behind

46. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

This is not the way it was desinged, if you have played for long enough you will remember a time when there wasn't any journey mode, as far as I know you are the only person using such a linear approach to DLCs, let me guess do you also play DLCs in the order they appear in the menu?

As confirmed by both Sam and Matt a lot of times, Journey mode was added in TSW2 so that players that were not familiar with the concept of timetable runs and scenarios can follow a more linear "journey" to explore the different parts of the route and enjoy it at its fullest, since they realized that a lot of players did the introduction and scenarios and then went like "and now what?"

I've been able to have an enormous amount of fun even if the only journey mode I ever played was in LGV, and you can, in fact, use the scenario designer before you complete 470 services in HRR :D

With all due respect, it's completely ridiculous to claim you can't use the scenario and livery designer before completing ALL scenarios, and ALL services in timetable mode.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  47. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You simply press "8" on the keyboard, and use the arrow keys to fly and zoom in to where the objective marker is. Then use the mouse to highlight the coupler and click to unlock or lock. It's not a cheat or a loophole, it's a feature of the game. The external cameras are meant to be used partly to stand in for other crew members. Of course, if you want to manually do the couplers, that's OK too. Do you use the map to throw switches? Same thing.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  48. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I was lying. Deliberately. This Nbound train should stop on the siding. It doesn't. There is no way to pass - caboose. Either you do it as we suggest or you have to wait for a fix. It is impossible on foot. I checked it for you, wasting my time. greetings

• Like Like x 1
  49. rat7_mobile

I by objective marker, you mean the black and blue thing, I disabled those as they are blocking the view

If it is a feature of the game how come it is not in the only manual there is, even in the TWS it is not there, and I have played the TWS before TWS2, and it was not in TWS, it does show you how to un-hook the wagon from the train, by walking

also even in TWS there is JOURNEY, except for the silver train and its add-on the red rounded frontend

50. rat7_mobile

Thank very much for checking, and I did not meant for you to waste your time

• Like Like x 1