The Netherlands Train Network (nederlandse Spoorwegen) Or Ns

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrainSimulatorFan, Jul 11, 2019.

1. TrainSimulatorFan

TrainSimulatorFan Member

Hey Dovetail Games, I have a route suggestion for Train Sim World. Let me show you the steps.

Step 1: Route Map Planning
    As you know, the NS company has long distance routes for the Sprinter (Local) and Intercity (Express) which are the types of the network. There are currently 401 railway stations in the Netherlands Train Network at the moment.
    Here is a map containing all of the stops in the network.
    e2913417813489e1b44df57fff717a4a.jpg

Step 2: Train Rolling Stock
    NS has 4 Sprinter trains and 4 Intercity trains. These trains can reach up to 140 km/h (85 mph)

Lets start with the Sprinter Stock

1. SGM (Stads Gewestelijk Materieel) is a two or three car used in short distances only
    28226026281_0fb855a152_b.jpg

2. SLT (Sprinter Lighttrain) is the train that doesn't have a toliet (thats sad) but at least they are amazing trains
    36-49920v0_20140211.jpg

3. Stadler FLIRT 3 is the Electric Power train which was built in 2016 to 2017 by Stadler Rail. FLIRT stands for Flinker Leichter Innovativer Regionaltriebzug.
    FLIRT_2211_-_Ehv.jpg

4. SNG (Sprinter Nieuwe Generatie) or (Sprinter New Generation) in English is the newest trains in the network since November 12th 2018
    Sprinter_Nieuwe_Generatie_op_station_Haarlem.jpg

Next up, we have the Intercity stock. Unfortunately, i can only insert 5 files instead of more then one files at the moment. I'll just post the links to the picture instead

1. ICM (Intercity Materieel) is the oldest trains in the network which is still operational at the moment

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NS_ICM_Koploper_4042.JPG

2. VIRM (Verlegd InterRegio Materieel) is the 1st double decker train on the network. These trains are currently being refurbished at the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/Ir008PA.jpg (Non-Refurbished train)
    https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2378/32730713862_d25856bb69_b.jpg (Refurbished train)

3. DDZ (Dubbeldeksaggloregiomaterieel) or (DubbelDekkerZonering) which is the NID (Nieuwe Intercity Dubbeldekker) is the 2nd double decker train to be on the network of the netherlands. These trains got a huge refurbishment featuring. Door closing chimes, Interior designs and more.

https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8859/28626600584_02061f6f88_b.jpg (Refurbished Train)

Thats all of the steps in this forum. Dovetail Games if you are reading this, please choose this one for train sim world because the netherlands trains are my favorite and i love the scenery in the country.
    Oh and BTW, there is a doors closing compliation for the trains on TSW
    Link right here: and ignore the bonus clips at the end and the DM90 as well since its not needed at the moment

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I'd like seeing a Dutch route in-game. Maybe Den Haag - Rotterdam? I guess that fits in the limit what SCS is reaching for (50-65 km)

There are enough possibilities for this as the map you added, shows. I am Dutch myself so I'd really like a Dutch route in TSW. I hope NS doesn't screw it up with licensing.

EDIT: Den Haag to Rotterdam is really short (22 km) so maybe another route or an extension might be better :P

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  3. TrainSimulatorFan

TrainSimulatorFan Member

I also forgot the interiors of the locos. oof

SGM
    Interieur_2e_klas_26-02-2009.jpg

SLT (theres a 2nd and 1st class in this picture) and theres a little bit of low quality (sorry)
    ns-sprinter-seats.jpg

NS FLIRT 3
    NS-FLIRT-3-Stadler-7_Juerg-D-Luethard_19-9-16.jpg

SNG
    46492258332_1daef6a8b9_b.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. TrainSimulatorFan

TrainSimulatorFan Member

VIRM
    VIRM_Nieuw_1klas.jpg

ICM
    Interieur_2e_klasse_ICMm.jpg

DDZ
    mobiliario-trenes-3-1024x724.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Spookyrails1999

Spookyrails1999 New Member

Yeah, id like it to see dutch ns routes! Please dovetail ad this! Ns trains are so beautifull and quite inside! Not as load as the br 143 and the br 182.2! Maybe the HSL (high speed line) would be fun to with the traxx in the ns livery! I would like to play that!!

6. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I, uh, think the entire thing is just a bit of a stretch... but I'm sure one line could work, and that would be great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. BjornGroen02NL

Raildan, he just showed the map of the whole network here in The Netherlands. Of course this is near impossible to make the whole network, so the idea is that a certain route has to be chosen from this network, that is within the limits of DTG (50-65km) ;)

8. evanhinkle1

evanhinkle1 New Member

Love the Idea, I have been a big fan of the Netherlands especially some of the older equipment like the ICM, even if they have to do one line, that would still be great.

9. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Well, there I go promoting again. I have also made a Dutch suggestion: Enschede-Amersfoort CS. It includes the ICMm and SGMm as standard, with many DLC and layering options. I'm really hoping to see Dutch routes soon :)!

• Like Like x 1
  10. jolojonasgames

It's most likely going to be multiple if they ever come. In streams they've stated that when they do a new country, they want to do multiple routes there so they can get more use out of the systems that had to be developed for it, and of course layer rolling stock.

11. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I think it's worth pointing out that Clinchfield Railroad (Currently the longest route in game) is just over 60 miles. So I believe that 50-65km is very conservative. In terms of KM we're probably talking around 100. Miles around 65.

12. jolojonasgames

Do raise your expectations tooo much there. Modelling cities and yards is way more intensive per kilometer then forest scenery. They went into that on a recent stream, european routes have more switches, signals, buildings and stations, all of which making it more complicated to build. 50-65 is still short, for Dutch/German routes 70-80 km would be more realistic.

13. BjornGroen02NL

Oh hey, I posted that message almost 2 years ago. Back then the longest route we has was Rapid Transit, around 70 km if I remember correctly. Routes were mainly 50-60 km long. But now that they have the auto-gen tool, longer routes can be created in the same time period a shorter route would have taken before auto-gen. Still though, the distances between stations is much shorter in the Netherlands then in other countries, so a lot of models would have to made as said above by jolojonasgames . So yeah I still think a route between 50 and 65 km would be best. I will leave the rest to DTG for when they ever decide to create a Dutch route, they have much more knowledge of how to choose a route.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. jolojonasgames

Good to see we have three differing opinions. I want 70-80 km, you want 50-65 km and trainsimplayer wants 100 km :). Luckily it's not up to us to decide.

15. BjornGroen02NL

Just wait and see, there will be someone who will find 250 km acceptable just becuase the route runs next to his/her house :D

Of course it is totally up to DTG to choose. Tuesday during the Roadmap stream they discussed that it's not all about kilometres when selecting a route, but also about the time it takes to go from one to the other end of a route. Somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes was desireable, if I remember correctly. We'll have to see if we ever see a Dutch route, however we have been told multiple times DTG is interested in making one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jolojonasgames

Not me suggesting a 115 km route just because I'll be travelling it a lot next year and it runs through my hometown ;). (Of course I did offer a shorter alternative).

Yes, I think we watched the same stream. Dutch routes do fit the 30-60 min requirement quite well. In that amount of time a lot of fun can be had :).

• Like Like x 1
  17. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

My bad I hadn't noticed the date ;)

18. BjornGroen02NL

Not a problem. I did have fun reading back through what I wrote on this forum back then ;)