Console Layers On Hrr

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

hello! I am on PS4 and was just wondering how to get the other trains on HRR? If anyone could let me know that would be great!

2. trainfanhro#6012

trainfanhro#6012 New Member

Hello, as far as i know the other trains/Locos are from other DLCs. If you buy the DLCs than you willget more trains on HRR

• Like Like x 2
  3. madda253

madda253 Member

4. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately extra layers are not possible on the console version for HRR due to memory issues and game performance and dtg disabled the layers until more memory optimization is done

5. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

unless I’m mistaken (pc player here sorry) it was only HMA that had the layers removed from console and the remaining German routes kept their layers?

• Like Like x 6
  6. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Yep, afaik it's only an issue at HMA, not HRR.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

That's right I got mixed up with the two

8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Yep its HMA, not HRR. You can get extra layers on HRR by having MSB because MSB is the "Layer Unlocker" for its own route and other routres.

9. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I believe the layers on Hauptstrekce Rhein-Ruhr are as follows:

1 - Base Layer: this includes the DB BR 425 and the DB BR 422, and is what comes when you purchase the route. I believe this only includes S-Bahn services.
    2 - Main Spessart Bahn: this utilizes the DB BR 145 and the DoStos coaches for RE services. I believe this also brings freight hauled by the DB BR 185.

Locos:
    3 - DB BR 182: substitutes for the RE services with the DoStos, and freight too if I'm not mistaken. No additional services added.
    4 - DB BR 101: Newest one to have been released, and provides around 30 InterCity (IC) services
    ? - ICE 3: Technically this does not appear in the timetable, however there is an ICE path that can be used in scenario designer, and there are ICE services that pass through this area irl. It's possible that these services can be added into the timetable mode when the pres crew gets to it, however this is absolutely not guaranteed and is just speculation. This would probably use the DB BR 403 from HMA rather than the ICE3M from SKA.

As it currently stands, with all layers there are around just slightly above 400 services to choose from on this route. Please correct me if I made a mistake :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For once in my life, I was useful for something! Thanks for the kind word, sequencer2k16 \o/
    In this document, there is a link to a resource made by Rudolf to even 'deepen' this data. BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

I think it's 404 services.
    What's also impressive is that one of the routes is 24hrs (3-4 trains every hour after midnight)

13. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

I play on Xbox, but it really feels like Rush Hour already on Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr, since the DB BR 101 released. I mean, every time I do a service on the 101, I pass quite a lot of AI trains. Especially, with the added traffic and adverse signals. HRR is my favourite German route now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

DLC HRR now has excellent rail traffic. In addition, the DLC DB DR 101 has had a beautiful impact on freight services. Adam's team could also add a layer to the DLC HRR, ICE patch. Then the railway operation would be perfect.

15. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Would you be so kind as to explain what you mean by that?

16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The link to Rudolf’s document says it is in his trash and not available. You might want to remove it or liaise with Rudolf on the subject of his file.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘ve seen a few freight trains be held up by my Br 101 IC service and I‘ve also had to wait for freight trains to pass me while doing IC services. I guess that‘s what Richard CZE was referring to.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I meant. It even happens that a freight train is waiting at Duisburg Hbf station. Desert oncoming IC train. You can join it. Normally, the train would pass through the station.

• Like Like x 3
  19. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

20. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I've had this too- really nice!

• Like Like x 1
  21. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I'm bumping up this thread due to on-going PS summer sale.

HRR has 212 base services, but it was mentioned in this thread that it is possible to have 404 services available on this route, but where are those 192 services are coming from?

What I know:
    I know that DB BR 101 DLC is adding additional 30 IC services, so that would make 242. I have also checked the file provided by breblimator so I know that Main-Spessart-Bahn route is adding some services to HRR, but how many? Remaining 162?
    There's a lot of locos marked as 'usable' in breblimator file, but I cannot understand from it by usable it means it can be used on that route in Scenario Designer or are those locos actually appears as usable services or AI trains on HRR?

I would really appreciate if someone could provide a list of DLCs that are adding usable or AI services to HRR, I would like to experience this route in its full glory, but I don't to buy all German DLCs blindly to find out which is actually adding anything to the route ;)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I don't think an extensive list is necessary, since there are only a few DLCs that contribute here.
    The most important route is MSB, which brings freight (20 services with BR 185.2) and regional passenger trains (67 services with BR 146.2 and 65 services with cab car BR 766.2). There are other DLCs but they will only provide other locos as replacements. The remaining 10 services might be available with the BR 143 but I'm not sure about that. That loco comes with RSN.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. arek#2842

Thank you for your detailed reply Slemcer
    Wow, MSB really makes the difference for HRR adding 152 new services! :o

24. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Indeed. With both the MSB and Br 101 layer, HRR is actually quite busy. Not DRA levels of busy but probably the closest to it we had before Rush Hour.

• Like Like x 1
  25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Full glory means You have to buy all You want to see on the route.
    Additional traffic is provided by MSN >> the SMALL upper table with routes.
    Substitutions & trains variety (player, AI, scenario designer) >> the BIG lower table with trains.

I regret that there is no data about the AI scenery trains. I have a plan to supplement sometime. BR o7

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. arek#2842

Ok, so I have bought both MSB and DB BR 101 DLCs and now HRR looks like a completely different route.

There is finally some life on all those tracks and I'm really enjoying this route right now. I mean, and as Lamplight said, it's not the Rush Hours density of trains, but it's definitely much better than running on basic HRR, which I have abandon mainly because it was so empty.
    It's great when you are arriving at some station and there is Dostos staying at the platform and fraight train heading to Bochum is waiting on red light or even standing on the platform in Bochum or Duisburg and those trains are passing by or stopping to take passengers quite often.

So, if you have HRR or plan to buy it, I strongly reccomend you to buy also MSB. DB BR 101 DLC is not making much of a difference as it adds only 30 services (from which 20 are just 13-15 minutes runs and remaining 10 are ~30 minutes long), so it's good to buy it for the great loco itself, but not for increasing the AI trains density on that route.

• Like Like x 1
  27. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Glad You enjoy!

The 101' services for HRR are realy super-fun. Try some no-hud runs for the happines to be in full glory. BR o7

• Like Like x 2
  28. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

I’m loving the 101 and how it impacts the route. The downside is how broken the passenger system on HRR currently is - everyone gets off my train at the beginning, most stations are sparsely populated by passengers, and some are entirely empty whenever I stop at them. It’s one of my favourite DLC routes and the Preservation Crew update was pretty good, but I’m sure the passenger problem didn’t exist before it got the update.

29. arek#2842

I can hardly find any changes done by Pres Crew on this route, except PIS on the platforms. Even the issue with flicketing dashboard on DB BR 422 is still present...

• Like Like x 1
  30. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

PIS is the most obvious improvement. Unfortunately there are no passengers to make use of it! I’ve noticed that in fact it’s all but one passenger now always leaves the train when you start a service. It’s then made even more lifeless by arriving at a deserted Bochum station.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1