[download] Ska 101 Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    As we all can probably agree, DB BR 101 turned out to be a solid piece of a locomotive, but it definitely needs to stretch her legs a bit more. Well, I offer you a scenario (of course handcrafted :D) of the morning IC train from Aachen to Köln (normally continues to Hamburg). As much as the Scenario Planner is a very limited took, I think this one turned out really good. Many trains, decent traffic and both stations filled with trains (that's how I'd like to see it in timetable :D).
    [​IMG]
    You start in Aachen at 6:00, where you'll have about 5 minutes to get ready and load passengers as an ICE leaves before you, so you won't get green for a moment. Then you make your way through the route (in Düren the pathing for some reason goes through a siding, so LZB will slow you (and the ICE ahead of you) down there a bit. You might race some S-Bahns from thereon.
    [​IMG]
    If you make a good time, feel free to leave the doors open for a bit longer in Köln, last departing trains (some stay there as a background) are set for 6:40 (so they probably depart at about 6:41) and you can be there at about 6:35, so you might see a little more action.
    [​IMG]
    For this whole thing to work, you will need BR 101, HRR, HMA (I have replaced 422s with 423s, which run there normally) and MSB (Dostos, freight).
    [​IMG]
    If you've never installed scenario files, just move the file inside the .zip to
    "C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\SaveGames"
    If you encounter any problems, let me know. Feel free to stream it or make videos of it if you like it so much :D
    I might try to make other scenarios (westbound, some on HMA, etc.), but the scenario planner seems to be getting really slow recently (especially starting points selection loading), so the work gets seriously dreadful. Remains to be seen :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 31
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Thanks for scenario and sharing, a pleasure :D
    Me too, big slowdowns to select points in the scenario planner, it's hellish. It worked well at one time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'll try it later! Thanks for making this. You might also share this on TSC? :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Already submitted there, just waiting for approval.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

There clearly is a top-and-tailed 101 consist/formation in the game as it appears in a scenario. As an idea for a mod, can it be made available for use in the scenario editor?

6. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Yes I also noticed that since the update earlier this week. If you already added a few trains the paths take 2-3 minutes to load. I think this issue was also there around January for a few weeks. I hope this gets fixed asap.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I have started experimenting with making a scenario for HMA. Adding the first train was fine, every other truly makes it worse and worse. I can soon implement coffee breaks between each train additions. It really hurts when you select a platform that doesn't have the path you want and you can't return just one step, it throws you back to overview and you have to add and wait again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Yeah I also got something else to do for me in the waiting periods.

9. Task

Task Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. mail.blackray

mail.blackray New Member

Great scenario, thank you! Arrived at 06:37 :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Just played the scenario. It's great! Thanks for sharing :).

• Like Like x 2
  13. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing! Just had a run on this scenario, had a great run :)

I wanted to do something like this myself but the slowdown on the scenario planner put me off making anything for now. Hopefully the 101 will get a chance to stretch it's wheels in timetable mode on future high speed routes.

14. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Awesome scenario!
    I used the switching path in Düren to make an extra stop, so the ICE in Front of me won't bother me and i can let the 101 run 200 without interruptions to cologne.
    There are already 101 scenarios for SKA, HMA, RRO and RSN (and HRR of course), how long will it take to get it on every german route :love:?

(Im currently working on a Pbz scenario for MSB, those funny Trains with a mixture of IC and Dosto Coaches)

15. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

I Know this may take some time but as a console user unable to add this, could you post the departure times and platforms so I can recreate it myself?

16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yeah, the IC this was inspired by, actually makes a stop there IRL, but no ICE pathing allowed for that stop and RE pathing made more of these clunky detours effectively breaking the purpose of IC service. So I couldn't put in a Düren stop, yet it still goes to a siding. Scenario planner works in mysterious ways.

As for catching up, I tried going to the speed limits the whole time, getting one yellow before Düren, but the ICE then gets to 250 and you're never going to catch up to it, the LZB doesn't even slow you down and distance to "zero" gets longer and longer. So even without calling at Düren, I wouldn't worry about the ICE :D
    I'll try to do that, but honestly... I'll have you wait till they fix the slow working planner, otherwise, it would take ages just to load the train paths. Once they fix it, I'll write it down.

17. Rustyrails

Rustyrails Member

Thanks! Great scenario!
    The 101 does need a long run to stretch its legs and this was it. The overtake of the S-Bahn was a real hoot! :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. neerbos

neerbos New Member

Very well done scenario. Thanks for sharing

19. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

Excellent work!! Look forward to more scenarios from you in the future :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Oh, OK

21. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

A beautiful run with a fantastic loco. The AI was amazing and I can only imagine how long it took to put that together. Many thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  22. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

So please help an idiot....
    Trying this. Have set up the loco (obviously not correctly), and it will not move forward.
    I can see there is an issue as the red downard arrows appear on the HUD on the throttle amount. When I engage power, it says
    something like.... feelashweizacremsa ?!
    So from start, Revereser lever in, set to neutral, Parking brake release, Headlights set, Reverser Forward, Brake Key Unlocked,
    Train Brake Release, Apply power...
    I followed the same procedure (I think) as in the BR 101 tutorial. Where am I going wrong?!

23. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Federspeicherbremse, your parking brake is applied. ;)
    20210426002405_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  24. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Monder Really enjoyed the run great effort well done, thank you for taking the time to put this together and share it.

• Like Like x 1
  25. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

Thanks. Will give it another go. Was sure I'd released it!

26. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Do you or did you think of a Scenario in the evening or night going the other way?

27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I did, might look into that later, but now I'm more focused on school stuff.

28. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this. I enjoyed it immensely. Very well put together.

29. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

School stuff first! But I'm thrilled for your next 101 Scenario

30. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Ah, i'm quite jealous. I really hope scenario sharing can be officially implemented someday so us console players can partake.

Even if there was just a way to export the exact steps to set it up- i wouldn't mind plugging them into the scenario planner myself. I just have no imagination to come up with them on my own lol.