Ts Route Remake Suggestions For Tsw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AirbourneAlex, May 3, 2021.

?
  1. Riviera Line

29.5%
  2. North London Line

36.4%
  3. Edinburgh to Glasgow

34.1%
  1. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

A trio of UK routes I think would be ideal for a remake in TSW:

Riviera Line

A very scenic stretch of mainline in the south west of England between Exeter and Newton Abbot with a short branch continuing onto Paignton. Includes a good mix of countryside, town and coastal scenery including the infamous Dawlish Sea Wall with a diverse timetable of regular express, stopping and freight services. Could include the iconic Class 143 'Pacer' and Class 150/2 'Sprinter' DMUs, the shortened Class 255 'Castle' HST sets, and possibly the new Class 802 Bi-Mode express units. Extra services can be substituted from Great Western Express including the HST for express services, the Class 166 for stopping services and the Class 66 for freight. Route length: 28 miles, Stations 10, Depots 1, Yards 3. Could include the short branch to Exmouth from Exeter for extra mileage (+10 miles, 10 stations).

Riviera Line.png

North London Line
    An important freight and commuter line circling around north London from Richmond in the west to Stratford in the east through the London suburbs connecting up many of the main lines serving the capital. Includes a very busy passenger timetable with plenty of additional freight, along with power changeover procedures and views of London's city skyline. Would include the Class 378/2 EMUs of the Electrostar family, with a possible bonus service layer for the Bakerloo line (services between Queen's Park and Harrow & Wealdstone). A London Overground Class 313/1 could feature as a DLC. The freight aspect could be covered with a Freightliner Class 66 with FSA/FTA container wagons, with the Class 66 from East Coastway adding extra services too. Route length: 18 miles, Stations 23, Depots 1, Yards 1 (+ lots of connections to main lines for freight). Could include the West London line for extra mileage (+8 miles, 6 stations).

North + West London Line.png

Edinburgh to Glasgow
    An important line linking Scotland's largest cities with views of scenic countryside and plenty of landmarks such as Edinburgh Castle, Murrayfield stadium and the Falkirk Wheel. Would cover the line from Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley via both Falkirk High and Falkirk Grahamston, with the nearby Grangemouth docks being a busy area for freight and shunting, providing many service patterns and lots of interest. Could include the new Class 385 EMUs in Scotrail Saltire livery, with a Freightliner Class 66 with FSA/FTA container wagons and maybe a Freightliner Class 08 for the freight aspect. The refurbished Scotrail HSTs in the 'Intercity Seven' livery could feature too. Route length: 50 miles, Stations 12, Depots 2, Yards 3. Could include the line to Stirling for more service potential (+10 miles, 2 stations). *Note that this route might be ideal for Rivet Games since they are based in Stirling, Scotland (might make researching the route a bit more convenient).

Edinburgh to Glasgow.png

To make things even easier all three of these routes should already have the licensing available to DTG to publish (based on content already available in both TS and TSW).

Thoughts?

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

If rivet games could make a loco route , I think it could save their TSW2 involvement

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean a local route for them. The Railway station in Stirling is 15 minutes walk from the Rivet Games office. Perhaps they should do ScotRail routes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I would genuinely give up on TSW if Rivet made Scotland. Whilst it's local to them they'd still screw it up.
    I will not stand for Scotland being butchered by them.

5. trainsimplayer

I've actually posted a suggestion For the Riviera Line (with Exmouth included) in the last couple of days. As for Edinburgh to Glasgow I could really get behind that. Stirling is a busy station with services heading northbound, so would really add to it.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/riviera-avocet-lines-exmouth-paignton.39682/ <- Riviera Line Thread.

• Like Like x 1
  6. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Sherman Hill. Give us Americans something.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Remember , you don’t have to buy every dlc

8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I suspect all three of these are potentially on DTG’s radar.

As a fan of single track lines through remote and beautiful scenery, I would like to see a TSW version of The Port Road, from Stranraer across to Dumfries and Carlisle. It might have to wait for steam traction in the game but no reason why it couldn’t be run with early diesels. And again, the caveat - don’t let Rivet anywhere near it, train up Keith Ross on the UE4 editor!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

NLL is what I like best

10. trainsimplayer

Yes I know that, however it's Scotland so I would want to buy it. And as I said I wouldn't stand for Rivet Games making Scotland look bad.

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about NJ Transit Morristown Line & NJCL. If DTG wants the proper rush hour feature here then add in Raritan Valley Line my suggestion to those routes. That way Raritan Valley Line gives PL42AC GP40 Comet IB Comet II & Comet I to Morristown & NJCL Lines. In AM/PM Rush Hour RVL goes first then NJCL trains proceed after it at Hunter interlocking. At Waterfront connection NEC connection to Hoboken Terminal both NJCL & RVL trains going to Hoboken gets held for a Morristown Line Arrow III with 25kv 60hz triangle terminating at Hoboken Terminal first then RVL & NJCL Hoboken Terminal trains proceed next. In some cases North Jersey coast line & Raritan Valley Line trains going to Hoboken Terminal go first requiring the Morristown Line Arrow III to stop to let RVL & NJCL trains terminate at Hoboken then proceed towards Hoboken Terminal. Same scenario applies to Morristown Line ALP-45DP ALP-46 Dover to NY Penn Station to which at Swift interlocking Northeast Corridor RVL & NJCL trains are held to let Morristown Line trains proceed from NJ Transit Morris & Essex line into NEC then RVL & NJCL trains proceed to NY Penn via Secaucus Junction. If Bundled together bundle is called NJ Transit commuter pack.

12. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

If DTG has to stick to redoing TS routes for now due to Covid, I'd really love to see Köln - Koblenz or Hamburg - Hannover, both could be really interesting, though are a bit on the long side.

• Like Like x 1
  13. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I want Doncaster works to be Remade i feel like it could make a great little well not route more like yard but i think it would be fun anyways

14. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

This poll should definitely have a "Other" option as well.
    Assuming I had the choice to pick "Other" I'm going to have to go with Wakayama & Sakurai Lines, even though it's Union Workshop and not DTG.
    If we're going to have to keep to DTG strictly though, I'd say the other half of Hagen-Siegen.

15. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Also add in Koblenz to Frankfurt on the long side aswell really like this route in TS hopefully will come into TSW2 at some point. Köln Koblenz and Hamburg Hannover are very good shouts gets my backing

16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I agree, but it's clear that OP has his tunnel vision on the UK. Polls like this are pretty pointless IMO. It's just so the OP can get like-minded people to confirm what OP wants confirmed.

But as the Riviera Line is actually an interesting line, different from the usual UK stuff, I've voted for that one. Don't care much about the other two routes. I've played them in Train Simulator, North London Line is OK but not really different from all those other routes around London (and oh my, Train Simulator has quite a few of those), and I found Edinburgh-Glasgow to be a pretty boring route. (But I do like the Scotrail livery).

• Like Like x 2
  17. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Edinburgh to Dundee would be more interesting but of course is a JT route in TS.
    Outside the UK I think we mentioned Sacramento Northern, beautiful route and trains/trams with interesting operation, ideal for a Clinchfield style makeover into TSW. Any of the Japanese routes but my first choice would be Forest Rail with maybe some slightly more modern trains.

18. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Funny how opinions differ. I think Forest Rail was the most boring of the Japanese routes, but the older trains were quite interesting. I'd have to pick Wakayam & Sakurai as my favourite Japanese route in Train Simulator. :P

19. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Sorry I really should have put UK routes in the title. I didn't give an 'other' option as I wanted to know which of these routes specifically are most popular. If I put 'other' people might just vote it because a route they want to see isn't on the list. Not saying I'm against routes from other countries either, I just don't know enough about them to make any good suggestions.

20. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

I would like to see Cajon Pass!

21. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I would like one of the East Coast Routes to be Remade, particularly the LTP Section