Missed Station Skip

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FallenAngel00me, Jun 6, 2021.

1. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Train sim classic has a system where it punishes you via points for missing a stop.
    WIs it possible to have that system put into TSW

• Like Like x 2
  2. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

I do like that feature but maybe not without removing a few points. I would rather see it when you pass the Station after 300-500 meters you would have to continue to the Next Station.

3. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

It would have to remove points to be taken seriously. Maybe enough points to prevent a gold medal, no matter how well you do for the rest of the service

4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Irl when u miss a stop u have to get to a stop and contact signaler, before proceeding to next stop. This feature would be a step in the right direction

• Like Like x 1
  5. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Oh yes, absolutely something like this should be in the game.
    There's this problem I had a while ago, when I first got Tees Valley Line.
    British signaling, especially the old stuff, is very DIY in terms of not showing half the speed limits and no warning beforehand a station is about to pop up because you're supposed to just remember all that stuff. So, I was driving a BR Class 101, and because of what I mentioned as well as that the 101 also has pretty bad brakes, especially at higher speeds, I completely overshot a station.
    Problem though, it had its reversed signal right after the station too, and so I had to reverse back onto the platform, but the signal just before the station was red, and no matter what I did, when I contacted the signaler it just said "Train appears to be off path", and it didn't change the signal, and I did indeed SPAD when I just tried to back up anyway, rendering the service incompletable because of that mistake.

I know you're not supposed to overshoot stations anyway, but it's an example of why that feature is needed anyway.
    Especially because I personally really like to drive with the HUD off, so without warning.

• Like Like x 1