1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missed Station Skip

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FallenAngel00me, Jun 6, 2021.

1. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Active Member

Train sim classic has a system where it punishes you via points for missing a stop.
    WIs it possible to have that system put into TSW

• Like Like x 2
  2. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

I do like that feature but maybe not without removing a few points. I would rather see it when you pass the Station after 300-500 meters you would have to continue to the Next Station.

3. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Active Member

It would have to remove points to be taken seriously. Maybe enough points to prevent a gold medal, no matter how well you do for the rest of the service

4. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Irl when u miss a stop u have to get to a stop and contact signaler, before proceeding to next stop. This feature would be a step in the right direction

• Like Like x 1
  5. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Active Member

Oh yes, absolutely something like this should be in the game.
    There's this problem I had a while ago, when I first got Tees Valley Line.
    British signaling, especially the old stuff, is very DIY in terms of not showing half the speed limits and no warning beforehand a station is about to pop up because you're supposed to just remember all that stuff. So, I was driving a BR Class 101, and because of what I mentioned as well as that the 101 also has pretty bad brakes, especially at higher speeds, I completely overshot a station.
    Problem though, it had its reversed signal right after the station too, and so I had to reverse back onto the platform, but the signal just before the station was red, and no matter what I did, when I contacted the signaler it just said "Train appears to be off path", and it didn't change the signal, and I did indeed SPAD when I just tried to back up anyway, rendering the service incompletable because of that mistake.

I know you're not supposed to overshoot stations anyway, but it's an example of why that feature is needed anyway.
    Especially because I personally really like to drive with the HUD off, so without warning.

• Like Like x 1